[ROM][OFFICIAL][Z00T][6.0.1] Cyanogenmod 13.0

Search This thread

thesupreme85

Mar 30, 2012
I'm confused now. So there will be two builds? One Nightly and One Snapshot?

It really depends on what you need . . .
The snapshot build are been tested and confirmed to be somehow stable, while the nightlies are completely untested automatic builds that contain all code that has been submitted to the git.
If you want the latest and greatest, and are willing to deal with possible bugs then go with the nightly.
If you value stability and dont care for the latest commits incorporated in the rom, go with the snapshot.

Hope this helps you decide which one to flash

Last edited:

Uncle_James

Apr 18, 2007
Moscow
Help me, boot animation changes to samsung, I have SD card, manufakter is samsung, so may be rom recognize my ZE601Kl as Samsung, sorry for my bad english, may be it`s possible to edit something to return to default CM animation?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Help me, boot animation changes to samsung, I have SD card, manufakter is samsung, so may be rom recognize my ZE601Kl as Samsung, sorry for my bad english, may be it`s possible to edit something to return to default CM animation?

You probably:
1. Use some CM theme that replaces it.
2. Replaced /system/media/bootanimation.zip

There is no other way that you'd end up having samsung boot animation.

NewDayRising

May 12, 2016
Have there been some speed improvements lately? I can't point to anything specific in the changelog, but while the phone has never been slow, lately it seems like I'm noticing an uptick here and there. Anyone else?

rafaku

Mar 3, 2016
It says more than 'error 7' please read the whole error message.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using XDA Labs

First of all i am using a z00UDB selfie.

skipping MD5 check: no md5 file found
Comparing TZ version TZ.BF.3.0.c3-00025 to TZ.BF.3.0
assert failed : asus.verified_trustzone("TZ.BF.3.0.C3-00025") == "1"
Update process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file '/sdcard1/cm-13.0-20160816-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAOOFG-ZOOT.zip'

thesupreme85

Mar 30, 2012
Reactions: rafaku

samuelcasagrande

Aug 15, 2016
Unlock Bootloader

Hello everyone, I bought my Zenfone selfie by Chinese store Gearbest.com, is that it came with the SKU CN firmware, I could upgrade to a newer version by ASUS support own files, but when I did the PLAY Services he stopped working, and some applications appeared in chinese, Google Play is gone and can only download apps directly by APK and Google applications do not work, so read on the internet this is because they are banned in china, well I need unlock the bootloader and install CyanogenMod, it is my only way out for what I've been reading on the internet, it turns out that Asus's own program to unlock the bootloader does not work on my firmware version, so I had the idea to make a downgrade for a SKU firmware CN older, but do not know where to find these files, anyone could help me? For the record, I have learned to use the fastboot and adb to flash the boots, recovery and image, I need a little guidance and some files already grateful for your attention.

Olá a todos, comprei meu Zenfone Selfie através da loja chinesa Gearbest.com, ocorre que ele veio com a firmware SKU CN, consegui atualizar para uma versão mais recente através de arquivos do próprio suporte da ASUS, porém quando fiz isso o GOOGLE PLAY Services parou de funcionar, e apareceram alguns aplicativos em chinês, inclusive o Google Play sumiu e só consigo baixar aplicativos diretamente por .APK e os aplicativos do Google não funcionam, pelo que li na internet isso ocorre pois são proibidos na china, pois bem eu preciso desbloquear o bootloader e instalar a CyanogenMod, é minha única saída pelo que andei lendo na internet, acontece que o programa próprio da Asus para desbloqueio do bootloader não funciona em minha versão de firmware, então tive a idéia de fazer um dowgrade para uma firmware SKU CN mais antiga, porém não sei onde encontrar esses arquivos, alguém poderia me ajudar? Para que conste, já aprendi a usar o fastboot e o adb para fazer flash dos boots, recovery e imagem, preciso de um pouco de orientação e dos arquivos certos, desde já grato por sua atenção.

rafaku

Mar 3, 2016
flash this firmware first and you should pass the error 7 . . .

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24671318762849134

im not sure what happened.
Gave me error 7 one more time with cant flash over incompatible data. after i wiped it a few times and mounted the sistem partition it actually flasched gave me the same error 7 , for some reason deleted all my data on the sd card includng my backup. but it works for some reason. thank you very much

davecarpi

Aug 17, 2016
z00t REVIEW for ASUS SELFIE. Few feedbacks and few questions!

Hi,
My device is ASUS selfie. i have been running stock ASUS ROM for 6 months now. Now I am sick of it because stock is slow. SO thankfully I found out about CYANOGENMOD z00t for ASUS selfie and so far so good. I only started today. so here is what i did. I started august 16 so my latest build is Snapshot not nightly

-unlock bootloader/installed TWRP
-upgraded from Lolipop 5.0 to marshmallow 6 using Z00T-WW-21.40.1220.1794 (flash this first to avoid error 7)
-flash z00t cyanamogenmod
-flash gapps
-flash superSU for root

REVIEW

- Superfast
-Very Smooth
-No Lag
-2GB available RAM
-NICE UI and Interface

Problems

i found few bugs or maybe its just me

1. one time it ask me to choose sim 1 or sim2. it pop out of nowhere.. only happen once to me so far
2. I disabled some GAPPS apps from startup example Google FIT / Google Play Music,Movies&TV,Newsstand / Google Drive/ Google Maps / Google Weather/ Google Cloud Print.

Now everytime I download from google play store , the app downloads to 100% but it never installs . its stuck .. but when I clear Google Play Cache then force stop and restart it installs it. but after that again next app is stuck 100% so I have to clear cache and restart Google Play Store.
Anyone know what is causing this? Is it because I removed some GAPPS from startup?

QUESTIONS IMPORTANT PLEASE ANSWER ME THANKS :))))))))!!!

1. I started CM August 16 , the latest CM release was a snapshot . Today is August 17 and a new nightly release.
What should I use? Nightly or Snapshot? Remember My current build is snapshot.
2. If I change to nightly do I have to flash the new nightly build everyday ?
3. is there OTA(Over the air) updates for Nightly or Snapshot? I am on snapshot and I searched for update it didnt detect the new August 17 nightly update. why?
4. The gapps I use has too many apps. some are google bloatware apps and i dont like. anyone have links with fewer gapps? My platform is ARM64/MM 6
5. Anyone also disable some GOOGLE APPLICATIONS? which ones are safe to delete and terminate.
6. Anyone have solutions why my downloads stuck at 100percent?

THANK YOU SO MUCH ... well done LUK1337 and team for the great CM build.

Last edited:

davecarpi

Aug 17, 2016
@DaveCarp

2. No you don't
3. Yes, they're on separate OTA channels so if you're on snapshot you won't get nightly updates and vice versa.
4. Get nano gapps

Also you don't need SuperSU for root, you can just enable it in developer options.

Hi ,
this includes Google Dialer yea? thanks I will try and download tomorrow...

Now How do i delete my STOCK GAPPS AND REPLACE IT WITH NANO GAPPS?
can you teach me please.. I want to start fresh , fresh factory reset mode + fresh NANO gapps flash

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Hi ,
this includes Google Dialer yea? thanks I will try and download tomorrow...

Now How do i delete my STOCK GAPPS AND REPLACE IT WITH NANO GAPPS?
can you teach me please.. I want to start fresh , fresh factory reset mode + fresh NANO gapps flash

No, nano gapps don't include google dialer.
If you want to remove your current gapps you do:
- wipe system
- flash cm
- flash gapps

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
hi just got my new zenfone selfie, is this compatible with ASUS_Z00UD model?

S6ZRWqS.png

Edit:
Updated this list with EVERYTHING we support:
ep7JFcy.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P0GI586.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Devices supported by this package :

• Officially:
      • Asus Zenfone Laser ZE551KL ( Z00T / Z00TD )
      • Asus Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL ( Z00U / Z00UD / Z00UDH / Z00UDB )
    • Unofficially:
      • Asus Zenfone Laser ZE601KL ( Z011 / Z011D / Z011DD )
    What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led
    • GPS
    What's not working :

• Speakers don't work on ZE601KL model ( workaround )
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model (ZE551KL, ZD551KL, ZE601KL):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Credits :

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM-13.0 for ZF2 Laser (1080p), ROM for the Zenfone 2 Laser

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-02-18
    Last Updated 2016-10-11
    Starting from 20160702 nightly build we require MM firmware.
    If you're running LP firmware it should fail saying that "asus.verify_trustzone" assert has failed.
    In order to update your firmware to MM one you can either flash ASUS MM rom in stock recovery or flash a package that will update your fw which you can download right here

################

Starting with 20160803 nightly we ship partial TFA9887 support for ZE601KL.
    All you have to do is flash this to have a working speaker.

Notes:
    - flashing this on pre 20160803 nightly builds will cause bootloop.
    - you have to flash it every nightly, I don't plan to add OTA survival script.

Thanks to TDAD68 who spent 10 hours with me testing this out lol.
    BTW we are official.
    Next builds will be available here: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=Z00T ( currently it shows `internal server error` as there are no builds ).