3.2 Update Problem US.

Search This thread

Hawk777th

Jun 24, 2011
Hey guys just pulled my 3.2 update from Samsung over wifi for my non Verizon 10.1 Tab.

Downloaded the 67Mb file and installed. Halfway through the update got stuck and failed. My about screen now says I have 3.2 but now I cannot connect to any networks and every-time the device boots it says it has failed...

My Tab is bone stock.

Any help?

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011
You can try a factory reset but that will wipe all your data. You can also flash CWM and load a custom ROM.

linuxJockey

Jul 12, 2007
My about screen now says I have 3.2 but now I cannot connect to any networks and every-time the device boots it says it has failed...

My Tab is bone stock.

Any help?

Try setting your network preferences to Static IP and enter all the data that shows gray below. I was able to connect after setting a static IP. I'm on with Samsung support now.

marcchelala

Aug 6, 2010
Just updated my Tab. Asks me to update firmware through Kies.
I also can't connect to Wifi.... it's always trying to Acquire IP Address.
And Kies isn't recognizing my Tab, so I cannot connect to my computer to do the firmware update.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Also, screen auto-rotation doesn't work anymore....

Broken

Jul 13, 2006
Lewiston, ID
Just updated my Tab. Asks me to update firmware through Kies.
I also can't connect to Wifi.... it's always trying to Acquire IP Address.
And Kies isn't recognizing my Tab, so I cannot connect to my computer to do the firmware update.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Also, screen auto-rotation doesn't work anymore....

Same here. No wiring and auto rotate broken. Nice Samsung. Regretting trading my Transformer for this.

linuxJockey

Jul 12, 2007
In other words, DONT UPDATE. Wait for TASKS version.

+1 Don't Update.

Samsung support confirmed to me that it is the 3.2 update. Wants me to back up everything and do a "Factory Reset". Not holding my breath that this will fix it. I can get internet if I set up a static IP.

Here's hoping for a quick patch.

marcchelala

Aug 6, 2010
+1 Don't Update.

Samsung support confirmed to me that it is the 3.2 update. Wants me to back up everything and do a "Factory Reset". Not holding my breath that this will fix it. I can get internet if I set up a static IP.

Here's hoping for a quick patch.

Problem is, I don't know if it's the same thing for you, but since I updated Kies 2 days ago, it won't even recognize the Tab... So I can't even back up...

bouyark

May 7, 2006
New York
Update went well via Kies

It took a while but I was able to successfully update my USA 10.1 wifi tablet via Kies.
I pretty much left it alone and let it install the update by itself.

I do not have any broken wifi and all settings and applications remains the same.

One excellent feature so far is the browser. It is faster and more stable. Web pages loads in the desktop mode by default. I can finally watch HBO GO with messing with the browser uastring. Good job Samsung.

bouyark

May 7, 2006
New York
Do the web pages load any quicker than before the update?

For me it does. I tested it by opening up multiple pages in the browser at the same time.
All the web pages loaded without any issues. Before the update, the browser would freeze and some sites would not load at all. HBO GO still buffers at start up but then everything plays quite well.

Reactions: UKseagull

marcchelala

Aug 6, 2010
How did you get Kies to recognize the Tab? What version of Kies do you have?
I am running 1.0.2.1112_3_1 for Mac.

meharich

Mar 12, 2010
me too the same as you.
to go back i install clockworkmod
and i install back my backup 3.1 uekme .

Last edited:

bouyark

May 7, 2006
New York
me too the same as you.....whats up please help.

I am not sure why you are unable to update via Kies. If you have the latest version and you connect to your PC via usb connection and launch Kies, and it recognizes your device, it should notify you that there is a firmware update. It is a long process but if you leave it alone it will install itself.

Top Liked Posts