[ROM][CM9][ICS] OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 9 for LG C800/MyTouch Q/Eclypse

Search This thread

chui101

Sep 9, 2010
Lexington, KY
devilsbsd.net
CyanogenMod 9
for the LG C800 (T-Mobile USA MyTouch Q, Bell/Virgin Mobile Canada Eclypse)
0qfpn.png

What is Cyanogenmod 9?
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is still in development, but you may find it stable enough for everyday use.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You may also track changes at BBQDroid Changelog

Known Issues
  • Camera: Panorama previews are inverted, actual file saves right side up.
  • MMC: Performance degradation with large media libraries
  • RIL: Random (short) service dropouts in some cases

Please let me know here what other bugs you run into.

How To Flash
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/*Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
* war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
* directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
* if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
* laugh at you.
*/

Coming from a PREVIOUS CM9 BUILD
You can flash without wiping if you are coming from another CM9 build.
  1. Copy CM9 zip to your SD card
  2. Reboot into recovery
  3. Do a nandroid backup (not required, but recommended in case anything goes wrong)
  4. Flash the CM9 zip.
  5. Reboot!

Coming from STOCK or OTHER BUILD
Before you begin:
Have CWM Recovery from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752704

2. Reboot into recovery
  3. MAKE A BACKUP!
  4. Flash the CM9 zip.
  5. Wipe data/factory reset in the CWM menu
  6. Optional: Go to Advanced->Reboot Recovery (if you skip this, sometimes zips won't flash. If that happens, you will need to do this)
  7. Flash the CM9 zip AGAIN (and now the 4/29 ICS gapps package if you desire Google Play and Talk and such, available at http://goo.im/gapps).
  8. Reboot!

Downloads
It's always recommended that you check the MD5sum of your download!

All builds by the CM build system can be found at:
http://get.cm/?device=c800

Older releases
2012-08-20 - MD5: fb1ee97b5ac35400244d9a616831bc4c
2012-08-10 - MD5: f3b194b200b3c0904ed02d16ab778aaf
2012-08-04 - MD5: ac88d34409495592e499ad2d8df1e773
2012-08-01 - MD5: 41a0ae86d32912a81cf856564a6b9d0e
2012-07-29 - MD5: 4ab402cbddbb121d2262eb8bca62f2ac

Last edited:

chui101

Sep 9, 2010
Lexington, KY
devilsbsd.net
FAQs
Q: Why is the touch keyboard slightly off screen?
A: The screen is too small (ICS is ideally for 800x480 or bigger screens) so to not obscure too much the bottom part of the keyboard is forced off screen. You can use a third-party keyboard like Swiftkey or Swype Beta instead.

Q: The keyboard buttons are all messed up...?
A: The physical keyboard contained some special keys that were handled by special code in LG's Android framework - which is of course proprietary. Some keys like 'SYM' and '.com' and the smiley face button don't really have good mappings in the stock android code. Let me know if you have any suggestions for what those keys can do.

Q: OMFG LAG?
A: There may be an issue with media scanner lagging the whole system in cases where large music libraries are present. You can try adding a .nomedia file to your music directory to fix this.

Q: How can I help?
A: All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. To learn how to begin with CyanogenMod Development, you can read up on how to build CyanogenMod here. The guide is written for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro), but just replace maguro with c800 where necessary and it's the same process :)
Of course, equipment donations or monetary contributions are welcomed as well!

Q: How about CM10? Jelly Bean?
A: I'm unable to develop CM10 at the moment due to lack of a 64-bit build system, but even if I had one, many things would not work currently because Qualcomm have not yet released any jellybean specific code for our device (msm7x30 family). They are expected to release code in the future, so don't rule out CM10 in the future!

Special Thanks To:
Developers
Kali-
arcee
mudtub
jeagoss
cyanogen

Donators
vtinoc
BfordW

And last but not least, my wonderful girlfriend who doesn't care if I hack away at her phone. :)

Changelog for old builds
20120820-
- LED Flash working completely
- Bluetooth kernel panics fixed
- Synced to latest CM9 code

20120810-
- Torch is now working. Camera flash will not work because proprietary Qualcomm mm-camera library does not seem to trigger it upon image capture.
- Bluetooth fixed
- Fixed some camera v4l2 errors that weren't really affecting anything visible.

20120804-
- Fixed screen colours

- Fixed camera for stills and video. Panorama is upside down.
- Improved colour... sometimes colours are still off. Trying to figure it out.

20120729-
- Initial release

Last edited:
A

ace7196

Did you upload the correct file? Or is this the one that wouldn't boot?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

chui101

Sep 9, 2010
Lexington, KY
devilsbsd.net
Did you upload the correct file? Or is this the one that wouldn't boot?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Yep, just tested, it boots on my phone.

Edit1: Oh, I'm an idiot. Forgot to remind everyone to do a full wipe in the instructions.

Edit2: Oh wait. I did. Maybe dsreyes forgot to wipe.

Edit3: So he reflashed and it worked apparently.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowScythe

dsreyes1014

Jul 13, 2012
Yea guys sorry. Everything went fine after I restored backup. The first attempt the screen hung on bootup with Cyanogenmod character in front. I did wipe everything, the data/reset, cache, and the davlik cache. So I restored backup and rebooted which turned out fine. Then I went back into recovery to
1)wipe data/reset,
2)mount sdcard (make sure you don't have USB connected to phone for this. I kept getting an error mounting the sdcard with USB connected.),
3)install zip from sdcard,
4)and install GAPPS zip from sdcard (optional).

For the most part it's running decent as CHUI said it still has bugs.

So I confirmed bugs with the camera/flash and bluetooth audio. After I finish school this week I will be digging in on how to develop and program to help CHUI. So far I'm a test dummie which is fine for now. :)

Thanks CHUI for the hard work.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowScythe

bunu

Nov 25, 2009
I love you dude <3. My only issue is that the colors look kinda faded on my screen. not sure if it is my phone or not

Also, can you make a cm7 ROM (if it is not too much work) until cm9 is fixed up?

Last edited:

vtinoc

May 8, 2009
Humble
This ROM is clean and fast granted everything don't work but it's so clean.
Yes the color is faded
And the screen is slightly over but nothing a change of dpi can't fix.
One feature I would love to have on cm9 is LG on screen
Other than that you did a fn good job
Thank you.

chui101

Sep 9, 2010
Lexington, KY
devilsbsd.net
I love you dude <3. My only issue is that the colors look kinda faded on my screen. not sure if it is my phone or not

Also, can you make a cm7 ROM (if it is not too much work) until cm9 is fixed up?

The pixel formats are probably just messed up slightly. Maybe the driver is outputting RGB565 when the screen is expecting RGB888 or something. It's a bit lower on my list of things to fix though - I'm just glad the screen works at all.

I can't build CM7 in my current build environment, I would have to downgrade a lot of my build utilities, and considering I'm doing more than phone development, that might not be a good idea.

bunu

Nov 25, 2009
The pixel formats are probably just messed up slightly. Maybe the driver is outputting RGB565 when the screen is expecting RGB888 or something. It's a bit lower on my list of things to fix though - I'm just glad the screen works at all.

I can't build CM7 in my current build environment, I would have to downgrade a lot of my build utilities, and considering I'm doing more than phone development, that might not be a good idea.

oh okay. I understand.

Any tweaks/tips on making this rom smoother? and I didn't know you can overclock to 1.5 ghz. Is that stable (in your experience)

gdc763

Jul 27, 2012
cm9 mod

i'm sorry if this has already been explained, and i know this is the UNOFFICIAL cm9, and that there are still a few bugs, but is there an issue with the home button? i'm unable to get to home screen if i'm using the browser, or anything in cm9, the back button works, but not the home button... also is there a problem with playstore? all i'm getting is a "server error" and one more thing... i can't sync with google/gmail, so none of the contacts i have show up. again, i know cm9 just came out, but are these known issues?

other then that, i'm diggin cm9 so far, it's awesome chui! great work =D

chui101

Sep 9, 2010
Lexington, KY
devilsbsd.net
So the e730/e739 uses the same camera sensor (MT9P017) as our camera, same I2C address, and everything... I copied over camera.victor.so, libcamera_client.so, and liboemcamera.so, properly relinked everything so it doesn't freak out on boot... but I'm still getting "Cannot connect to camera" errors... FML....

I do think it's something in the kernel at this point though, the userspace is sorted but i think it crashes waiting on the kernel to respond properly. I get a bunch of logspam in the dmesg:
Code:
<3>[  103.284305] msm_get_stats, qcmd is Null
<3>[  103.284335] msm_get_stats, qcmd is Null
<3>[  103.284366] msm_get_stats, qcmd is Null

dsreyes1014

Jul 13, 2012
So the e730/e739 uses the same camera sensor (MT9P017) as our camera, same I2C address, and everything... I copied over camera.victor.so, libcamera_client.so, and liboemcamera.so, properly relinked everything so it doesn't freak out on boot... but I'm still getting "Cannot connect to camera" errors... FML....

I do think it's something in the kernel at this point though, the userspace is sorted but i think it crashes waiting on the kernel to respond properly. I get a bunch of logspam in the dmesg:
Code:
<3>[  103.284305] msm_get_stats, qcmd is Null

Different driver?

chui101

Sep 9, 2010
Lexington, KY
devilsbsd.net
i'm sorry if this has already been explained, and i know this is the UNOFFICIAL cm9, and that there are still a few bugs, but is there an issue with the home button? i'm unable to get to home screen if i'm using the browser, or anything in cm9, the back button works, but not the home button... also is there a problem with playstore? all i'm getting is a "server error" and one more thing... i can't sync with google/gmail, so none of the contacts i have show up. again, i know cm9 just came out, but are these known issues?

other then that, i'm diggin cm9 so far, it's awesome chui! great work =D

Sounds like a bad flash and some of the files didn't copy correctly. Try wiping and flashing again?

Reactions: gdc763

gdc763

Jul 27, 2012
cm9

Sounds like a bad flash and some of the files didn't copy correctly. Try wiping and flashing again?

well i figured out what i did wrong, and it was as simple as turning the phone off, then back on again. that fixed the home button, and after i installed the correct g app onto the sd card (the ics g app, NOT the jb g app...), everything works now... :eek:. hey i'm a noob, and i'm still learning about this. thanks for all the help, and all you've done so far, and in such little time :)

vxbinaca

Jan 9, 2011
If you fix the camera and color depth (also the scanlines at the top of the screen), It's totally worthy of becoming a daily driver.

How do I remove trebuchet and replace it with Zeam?

Edit:

I'm also seeing horizontal scanlines on the top half of the screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 9
    for the LG C800 (T-Mobile USA MyTouch Q, Bell/Virgin Mobile Canada Eclypse)
    0qfpn.png

What is Cyanogenmod 9?
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is still in development, but you may find it stable enough for everyday use.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You may also track changes at BBQDroid Changelog

Known Issues
    • Camera: Panorama previews are inverted, actual file saves right side up.
    • MMC: Performance degradation with large media libraries
    • RIL: Random (short) service dropouts in some cases

Please let me know here what other bugs you run into.

How To Flash
    #include <std/disclaimer.h>
    /*Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
    * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
    * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
    * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
    * laugh at you.
    */

Coming from a PREVIOUS CM9 BUILD
    You can flash without wiping if you are coming from another CM9 build.
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Do a nandroid backup (not required, but recommended in case anything goes wrong)
    4. Flash the CM9 zip.
    5. Reboot!

Coming from STOCK or OTHER BUILD
    Before you begin:
    Have CWM Recovery from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752704

2. Reboot into recovery
    3. MAKE A BACKUP!
    4. Flash the CM9 zip.
    5. Wipe data/factory reset in the CWM menu
    6. Optional: Go to Advanced->Reboot Recovery (if you skip this, sometimes zips won't flash. If that happens, you will need to do this)
    7. Flash the CM9 zip AGAIN (and now the 4/29 ICS gapps package if you desire Google Play and Talk and such, available at http://goo.im/gapps).
    8. Reboot!

Downloads
    It's always recommended that you check the MD5sum of your download!

All builds by the CM build system can be found at:
    http://get.cm/?device=c800

Older releases
    2012-08-20 - MD5: fb1ee97b5ac35400244d9a616831bc4c
    2012-08-10 - MD5: f3b194b200b3c0904ed02d16ab778aaf
    2012-08-04 - MD5: ac88d34409495592e499ad2d8df1e773
    2012-08-01 - MD5: 41a0ae86d32912a81cf856564a6b9d0e
    2012-07-29 - MD5: 4ab402cbddbb121d2262eb8bca62f2ac
    FAQs
    Q: Why is the touch keyboard slightly off screen?
    A: The screen is too small (ICS is ideally for 800x480 or bigger screens) so to not obscure too much the bottom part of the keyboard is forced off screen. You can use a third-party keyboard like Swiftkey or Swype Beta instead.

Q: The keyboard buttons are all messed up...?
    A: The physical keyboard contained some special keys that were handled by special code in LG's Android framework - which is of course proprietary. Some keys like 'SYM' and '.com' and the smiley face button don't really have good mappings in the stock android code. Let me know if you have any suggestions for what those keys can do.

Q: OMFG LAG?
    A: There may be an issue with media scanner lagging the whole system in cases where large music libraries are present. You can try adding a .nomedia file to your music directory to fix this.

Q: How can I help?
    A: All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. To learn how to begin with CyanogenMod Development, you can read up on how to build CyanogenMod here. The guide is written for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro), but just replace maguro with c800 where necessary and it's the same process :)
    Of course, equipment donations or monetary contributions are welcomed as well!

Q: How about CM10? Jelly Bean?
    A: I'm unable to develop CM10 at the moment due to lack of a 64-bit build system, but even if I had one, many things would not work currently because Qualcomm have not yet released any jellybean specific code for our device (msm7x30 family). They are expected to release code in the future, so don't rule out CM10 in the future!

Special Thanks To:
    Developers
    Kali-
    arcee
    mudtub
    jeagoss
    cyanogen

Donators
    vtinoc
    BfordW

And last but not least, my wonderful girlfriend who doesn't care if I hack away at her phone. :)

Changelog for old builds
    20120820-
    - LED Flash working completely
    - Bluetooth kernel panics fixed
    - Synced to latest CM9 code

20120810-
    - Torch is now working. Camera flash will not work because proprietary Qualcomm mm-camera library does not seem to trigger it upon image capture.
    - Bluetooth fixed
    - Fixed some camera v4l2 errors that weren't really affecting anything visible.

20120804-
    - Fixed screen colours

- Fixed camera for stills and video. Panorama is upside down.
    - Improved colour... sometimes colours are still off. Trying to figure it out.

20120729-
    - Initial release

Had a revelation last night in my dreams and realized I was staring the workaround for the camera flash in the face all this time. It's now fixed.
    Basically hacked up the Camera app to recognize both "off" and "auto" for flash purposes. Helps to keep a broader perspective... I was all obsessed with reverse engineering the camera HAL!
    I had a kernel panic and now I have no connectivity at all. For some reason, the APN settings are wiped. Can someone please upload the apn settings?

Here is the APN info:

Name: T-Mobile US
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Proxy: (Not Set)
    Port: (Not Set)
    Username: (Not Set)
    Password: (Not Set)
    Sever: (Not Set)
    MMSC: http://mms.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: (Not Set)
    MMS Port: (Not Set)
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication Type: (Not Set)
    APN Type: default,supl,mms
    APN enable/disable: APN enabled (Box is checked)
    Bearer: Unspecified