[OFFICIAL][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 - Xiaomi Mi3 [cancro]

Search This thread

linuxxxx

Sep 22, 2013
twuf4.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
All information and files — both in source and compiled form — are provided on an as is basis. 
No guarantees or warranties are given or implied. The user assumes all risks of any damages
that may occur, including but not limited to loss of data, damages to hardware, or loss of
business profits. Please use at your own risk. Note that unless explicitly allowed by the warranty
covering your device, it should be assumed that any warranty accompanying your device will
be voided if you tamper with either the system software or the hardware.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Wiki
Official LineageOS Wiki: http://wiki.lineageos.org/cancro_info.html

Installation
First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your Xiaomi Mi3:
  • Read the official Wiki page
  • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
  • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 14.1 zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Perform factory reset
  • Flash the LineageOS 14.1 zip from SD card
  • Flash GApps from SD card
  • Reboot
Upgrading from CyanogenMod 14.1 :
  • Download the experimental migration build to your SD card
  • Download the latest lineageOS nightly build to your SD card
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Flash the experimental migration build
  • Reboot and wait until it's ready
  • Reboot into Recovery again
  • Flash the nightly build
  • Reboot

Supported devices
  • Mi3w
  • Mi4 (WCDMA)
These devices are supported, but the maintainer WILL NOT fix bugs that are reproduceable just in those devices
  • Mi4 LTE

Downloads
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting bugs
  • Model (Mi3 / Mi4 / Mi4 LTE)
  • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs reported in the lastest 5 pages of this thread. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
Phone Informations
* Phone model (Mi3 / Mi4 / Mi4 LTE)
* LineageOS version
* Gapps version
What you did:
* Wipe data: y/n
* Upgrade from previous official LineageOS build: y/n
* Restore with titanium backup: y/n
You're using (if yes write which one) :
* Task killer
* Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
* Non-stock kernel
* Modified kernel settings
* Other mods
Bug info:
* Last version it worked on
* Repro steps

F.A.Q.
  • I get error 7 while flashing this rom, what does it mean?
  • Read what the recovery says: "You're running on an unsupported (Kitkat) baseband". In order to flash the lastest CM builds you must have Miui MM baseband and partition layout installed. Visit http://bit.ly/cancroCMBaseband to learn how to update these
  • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
  • Root has been removed from LineageOS builds, to allow people who are not interested in root access to enjoy apps such as PokemonGo or banking apps. A zip to re-enable root will be provided next days. Other packages such as SuperSu, magisk or others are not supported and might cause problems
  • Why no nightly today?
  • Build failed. Check again tomorrow
  • When do I have to wipe data?
  • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channe (this applies to 13.0 -> 14.1 upgrades too)
  • Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
  • I won't. If you write it, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 - Xiaomi Mi3 [cancro], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3

Contributors
linuxxxx
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2017-01-31
Last Updated 2017-01-31

Last edited:

AndroidWolf59

Oct 19, 2012
Sooo nice.
I'm testing on my Mi3 with a data-only SIM card. Having done experimental->23 nightly->30 nightly
Till now I haven't found bugs, just some lags.
No themes, but I can live without :)
I know I can't say anything about calls, BT issues and so on, but LineageOS just made my Mi3 "new" again

chiwawa10

Sep 19, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
help requested.

struck at
detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system

Yes, this happens to me as well. It's kinda misleading BUT behind the scene it is running alright. It took a while to finish (there is not even a success message being shown). Just continue to flash GApps or reboot to system when its done. Should be fine. It works for me.

sunil_defy

Sep 3, 2012
Excellent build. Good battery life

1. Wallpaper scroll doesn't work
2. Bluetooth telephony didn't work
3. Browser closes sudenly

xdarkstar

Dec 25, 2016
is there a fix for battery counter dropping drastically after a reboot. Otherwise extremely happy with the ROM .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twuf4.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    All information and files — both in source and compiled form — are provided on an as is basis. 
    No guarantees or warranties are given or implied. The user assumes all risks of any damages
    that may occur, including but not limited to loss of data, damages to hardware, or loss of
    business profits. Please use at your own risk. Note that unless explicitly allowed by the warranty
    covering your device, it should be assumed that any warranty accompanying your device will
    be voided if you tamper with either the system software or the hardware.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Wiki
    Official LineageOS Wiki: http://wiki.lineageos.org/cancro_info.html

Installation
    First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your Xiaomi Mi3:
    • Read the official Wiki page
    • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
    • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 14.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash the LineageOS 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    • Reboot
    Upgrading from CyanogenMod 14.1 :
    • Download the experimental migration build to your SD card
    • Download the latest lineageOS nightly build to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the experimental migration build
    • Reboot and wait until it's ready
    • Reboot into Recovery again
    • Flash the nightly build
    • Reboot

Supported devices
    • Mi3w
    • Mi4 (WCDMA)
    These devices are supported, but the maintainer WILL NOT fix bugs that are reproduceable just in those devices
    • Mi4 LTE

Downloads
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting bugs
    • Model (Mi3 / Mi4 / Mi4 LTE)
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs reported in the lastest 5 pages of this thread. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    Phone Informations
    * Phone model (Mi3 / Mi4 / Mi4 LTE)
    * LineageOS version
    * Gapps version
    What you did:
    * Wipe data: y/n
    * Upgrade from previous official LineageOS build: y/n
    * Restore with titanium backup: y/n
    You're using (if yes write which one) :
    * Task killer
    * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
    * Non-stock kernel
    * Modified kernel settings
    * Other mods
    Bug info:
    * Last version it worked on
    * Repro steps

F.A.Q.
    • I get error 7 while flashing this rom, what does it mean?
    • Read what the recovery says: "You're running on an unsupported (Kitkat) baseband". In order to flash the lastest CM builds you must have Miui MM baseband and partition layout installed. Visit http://bit.ly/cancroCMBaseband to learn how to update these
    • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
    • Root has been removed from LineageOS builds, to allow people who are not interested in root access to enjoy apps such as PokemonGo or banking apps. A zip to re-enable root will be provided next days. Other packages such as SuperSu, magisk or others are not supported and might cause problems
    • Why no nightly today?
    • Build failed. Check again tomorrow
    • When do I have to wipe data?
    • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channe (this applies to 13.0 -> 14.1 upgrades too)
    • Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
    • I won't. If you write it, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 - Xiaomi Mi3 [cancro], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3

Contributors
    linuxxxx
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2017-01-31
    Last Updated 2017-01-31
    How bad dev you are? How much time do you need to make this ROM stable? I am following you from August'16. U delivered some snapshot builds which were more worse then nightlies. Just because of ur kind of dev Cyanogenmod has to lay off its staff etc. Please stop making builds and sell bhajiya paav. That's what u deserve.
    Don't tell bull**** me, ROM is free bla bla. This is official ROM so there must be some perks.

First who are you, to even make a post in this manner....When all should be saying THANK YOU, that includes you, but since you have been around since 2013, with a whole 54 posts, I see you have been providing to XDA.........not at all...

So instead of posting in this manner, why dont you say Thank you or better yet, take up some development and learn something, and do for yourself or again provide to XDA.

Thread Cleaned
    Dev @linuxxx
    As Camera HAL1 resupported by the team, can we expect ooficial lineage OS 15.1 for mi 3/mi4 soon...?
    When will be the official lineage 15.1 released for this device
    Does anyone know ??
    :angel:

+1
    My proximity sensor is buggy.
    My screen turns off if someone call me or i call someone. I have to wait to cut the call to view screen back on. Any way to turn off or disable proxhmity sensor or turn the screen on during call? Default dialer do not have this option but miui dialer had this covered