S5 signal reception better than S3 & S4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Especially the Verizon version. M8 is about equal or slightly weaker than the S4. That metal body apparently needed a little more plastic strip areas.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
As far the M8, it seems no better or 1 to 2 dBm points weaker than the S4. We also have a 5s and DNA to compare with. In order of reception:

DNA
5s
S4/M8

My family's comparison suggests the M8 is not a great device for radio reception on the Verizon network in the areas we live. The wifi also seems weaker on the M8. Too much metal?

The one phone we have not tested yet is the S5, so as per the topic, does it have better reception than previous Samsung models to the S4? I am not juggling anymore phones and my son
is an HTC fan. Loves the DNA and the M8.

Diceroll

Sep 15, 2013
I would like to know this as well before I make the jump

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

jonno95

Dec 2, 2010
I live in an area where I'm a tenth of a mile in any direction I can get good 4g signal, but at my house I can't even get a string signal on my roof, so I feel like I have good perspective on signal strength. I had 2 note 3's and one was better than the other but both pretty poor and would loose signal 75% of the time. The s4 and s4 mini have the best. The HTC one was in between those two extremes. So far with the s5 I feel like it is a bit better than the s4 and on our with the s4 mini.

sdsubball23

Jan 12, 2012
I live in an area where I'm a tenth of a mile in any direction I can get good 4g signal, but at my house I can't even get a string signal on my roof, so I feel like I have good perspective on signal strength. I had 2 note 3's and one was better than the other but both pretty poor and would loose signal 75% of the time. The s4 and s4 mini have the best. The HTC one was in between those two extremes. So far with the s5 I feel like it is a bit better than the s4 and on our with the s4 mini.

That's impressive. I hope this is true for the San Diego area because I currently have a HTC rezound from over 2 years ago and looking to upgrade possibly to the gs5. The rezound has great reception in my opinion and I'm hoping if I do get the gs5 that it will be just as good if not better.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Especially the Verizon version. M8 is about equal or slightly weaker than the S4. That metal body apparently needed a little more plastic strip areas.

Is this a question? or a statement? or what?

M8 has stronger signal than S4, HTC radios are MUCH better than Sammy's. As are Moto's.