XZU stop recognising USB is plugged in.

Search This thread

diji1

Aug 26, 2006
Adelaide, SA
Over the past few days I've had an issue where my XZU seems to stop recognising it's plugged in to a USB port. It will work fine then it stops charging and I can't see a device on Windows anymore. In other words it's as if it isn't plugged in anymore. Charging from AC still works normally.

I've tried unplugging the cable, swapping USB ports, rebooting XZU. The device won't mount as a mass storage device in CWM. Rebooting Windows is the only thing I've tried that fixes the issue but it happens again. So I gather it could be a Windows issue although I haven't changed anything on my Windows installation that I recall. I have however been flashing various firmwares onto my phone. ATM I'm using stock firmware and I *think* the issue has only happened with the stock firmware.

Edit: Now it's still happening when I reboot Windows :|

Can anyone suggest anything to try to fix this annoying problem?

Last edited:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Over the past few days I've had an issue where my XZU seems to stop recognising it's plugged in to a USB port. It will work fine then it stops charging and I can't see a device on Windows anymore. In other words it's as if it isn't plugged in anymore. Charging from AC still works normally.

I've tried unplugging the cable, swapping USB ports, rebooting XZU. The device won't mount as a mass storage device in CWM. Rebooting Windows is the only thing I've tried that fixes the issue but it happens again. So I gather it could be a Windows issue although I haven't changed anything on my Windows installation that I recall. I have however been flashing various firmwares onto my phone. ATM I'm using stock firmware and I *think* the issue has only happened with the stock firmware.

Upgrade to the latest OS version for your PC 14.4 ;)

I've had issues win win 8 and my ZU, never had them on win 7

Reactions: diji1

diji1

Aug 26, 2006
Adelaide, SA
So ... turns out I spoke too soon. It's still doing the same behaviour albeit in a different manner: now what's happening is it indicates it's charging when I plug the phone in then it quickly "disconnects" (no charging, no device in Windows Explorer). It won't connect again til I plug it in again.

And I know this sounds wierd but it *seems* to disconnect when I lay the phone down and I'm not holding it. It's like if it thinks you aren't holding it anymore it disconnects (or am I going crazy with this line of thought?).

I'm assuming this is an issue with .757 stock firmware and/or possibly DooMKernel since I don't recall it happening on either earlier stock versions or CM10/11 based roms.

Most frustrating :|

Edit: OK I just watched it start charging again by itself without me touching it so it's not motion. Bloody thing is driving me bonkers.

Edit #2: Its sitting there rock solid charging away ... I dont get it, I didn't do anything

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Upgrade to the latest OS version for your PC 14.4 ;)

I've had issues win win 8 and my ZU, never had them on win 7