I have a weird problem. I am using my Xperia L, running 4.2.2 with the latest officia

Search This thread

Samarpan

Nov 13, 2013
Kolkata
I have a weird problem. I am using my Xperia L, running 4.2.2(Out of The Box) with the latest official Firmware. Its not rooted.
4.2.2+ supports moving Apps to SD without Root.

I have Noticed one thing. If youre going to Buy a New Phone Running 4.2.2+, If you start the phone for the first time(just after buying), with no memory card, after youve switched on the phone and try to move Apps to SD, it wont Happen!! The apps will only move to the Internal Storage.

But,if you start the phone(For the First Time) with memory card Inserted, then it will recognize the mem Card as Your external storage. From settings now you can move Apps to SD.

Why does this Happen??

Can anyone help me to solve this??

Thank You in Advance.

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Samarpan

Nov 13, 2013
Kolkata
The problem is weird indeed... never heard of it..
1. Are you trying to move the same app in both the phones?
2. Ig.you really want it.. just put your mmc and factory reset

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Factory reset Is an option i Know but I wanted to Know if Other solutions Existed.

I tested It with Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 and Moto E , by Inserting the Mem card first, Then Starting the Phone (for the First time). For Both of the phones, the Mem card was taken as the external and apps could be the Moved to SD via Settings.
But for my Xperia L, I didnt insert the Memory card and switched it on(just after buying) . When I inserted the Mem Card later, and tried to Move Movable apps to SD, the apps would only move to The Internal Memory.

Samarpan

Nov 13, 2013
Kolkata
Are u interested in rooting? If yes I'd suggest do that.. many advantages of rooting ... sorry for diverting from main question :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Rooting is Okay for Me. My a89 Was Rooted.:laugh: But I Thought of Using my Xperia L for Sometime Before Rooting it and Unlocking The Bootloader. Even Cyanogenmod 11 with 4.4.2 Kitkat is available for my phone. :)