Slimport adapter (Micro usb to HDMI)

Search This thread

saintcmb

Jan 11, 2016
what can i do to troubleshoot?

I bought the analogix slimport adaptor for my g3. it randomly cuts out, my tv goes black and says no signal. is it worth my time to play around and swap out hdmi cables? or do any of you guys have a better suggestion for troubleshooting this?
I suspect its the adaptor itself but I prefer to no for sure before I send it back.

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
I bought the analogix slimport adaptor for my g3. it randomly cuts out, my tv goes black and says no signal. is it worth my time to play around and swap out hdmi cables? or do any of you guys have a better suggestion for troubleshooting this?
I suspect its the adaptor itself but I prefer to no for sure before I send it back.

Sounds like the adapter is the culprit.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

I recommend the one I got from Monoprice.com

Haven't had any issues

I've purchased 4 different makes and models of the slim port adapters.

All randomly cut in and out. Different cables, different tvs, different adapters, same phone, same results.

Lg sells no official accessory either.

I'm kinda upset. Suggestions or links?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

saintcmb

Jan 11, 2016
update

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Haven't had any issues

I had a fellow G3 owner give the adapter a try, he had no problems. using the app ampere, I noticed the charging rate randomly changes, from 3000mah all the way down to 10mah, using different cables, chargers, and power sources. I suspect a bad or loose usb port.
I have one more idea, turn on usb debugging in developer options. if that doesn't work im almost 100% its the usb port.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Micromax MHL to LG G3 D690 not connected TV anyone can Help me Please

my understanding is that the g3 doesn't support mhl, only slimport.

nixeblue

Mar 9, 2016
They have a new product, SlimPort NANO•CONSOLE with 4k. It's available on Indiegogo. You should check it out. There is also a new SlimPort HDMI 4K UHD adapter available through Amazon in certain countries. I'm hoping it will ship to the US soon. I want to try it out.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Haven't had any issues

I have the official SlimPort HDMI SP1004 from Analogix and it's working great! Is this the one you have? Maybe yours is just defective. Why don't you contact SlimPort support. I'm sure they could help.

ToMeRv32

Feb 11, 2013
Hey, sorry for the bump.
I just ordered few days ago cheap MHL cable from eBay.. guess it won't work.
Can someone recommend me cable from eBay that does work? (I didn't udnerstand if MHL3.0 works or only SlimPort..)

Last edited:

eeo1122

Oct 9, 2016
San Diego
Does anyone know where to buy a good quality Slimport adapter from? I have an official Samsung MHL 2.0 cable but unfortunately LG phones don't support MHL :mad: MHL supports 4K output and Slimport doesn't. Really don't know why they don't go with MHL especially since the g3 has a 2K screen. Slimport can not output any higher than 1080p... makes the 4K video recording capability useless on the g3. I also wonder how the phones 2k screen output will look on 1080p tvs :confused:

I bought an Analogix Semiconductor SP1004 Slimport to HDMI Adapter which outputs Full 1080. I bought from 'demandport' on AMAZON.
I don't have a 4K TV but Analogix Semiconductor also has model SP6001 & is described as 4K Ultra HD (2160p).

Analogix Semiconductor is a quality product It.has lasted almost 2 years, used daily, without fail. I've purchased a cheaper brand prior that only output 720P and it broke after 6 months.

I believe SlimPort is aka MyDP (MyDisplayPort).

See www.demandport.com for details

Last edited:

Unionjackstar

Feb 15, 2010
Hello,

short question: is IT possible to get input via a slimport adapter onto mm LG G3 screen? Wohl like to connect to the graphiccard at my computer. I'd like to test of it's possible to get virtual reality onto my LG G3. :)

chichibud31

Jul 19, 2010
Toronto
Does anyone know where to buy a good quality Slimport adapter from? I have an official Samsung MHL 2.0 cable but unfortunately LG phones don't support MHL :mad: MHL supports 4K output and Slimport doesn't. Really don't know why they don't go with MHL especially since the g3 has a 2K screen. Slimport can not output any higher than 1080p... makes the 4K video recording capability useless on the g3. I also wonder how the phones 2k screen output will look on 1080p tvs :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

purchased all in one slimport adapter/ cable on amazon website.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimPort info

I have seen both mhl and slimport... I think it's slimport also but don't know ...A couple of the reviews stated multiple TV out .... But I know the g pro g2 flex use slimport

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

As a SlimPort spokesperson (and a new xda member), I can help to clarify the video output features for the G3. LG switched from MHL to SlimPort with the launch of the Nexus 4 in November 2012. All subsequent LG mobile devices are SlimPort-enabled. The G3 can shoot 4K videos. However, LG chose to not support the 4K output direct to the TV. The G3 will output full bandwidth 1080p video via the SlimPort/HDMI dongle. When connected to a 4K TV, the TV will detect the 1080p signal and properly scale it to 4K. To view the 4K content, the video must be transferred via USB to a media player that supports 4K. FYI – there are no devices that support both MHL and SlimPort.

Current certified SlimPort dongles on the market work with any SlimPort enabled phones. As mentioned, you can check with the SlimPort web site to get a current list of devices that support the format and of locations to order dongles. Last February, the SlimPort 4K receiver chip (used in the dongles), ANX7738, was introduced and you should see 4K dongle products on the market later this year.
    So it is confirmed the g3 won't work on the MHL 3.0 despite the LG staff confirmed that in the email?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    So it is confirmed the g3 won't work on the MHL 3.0 despite the LG staff confirmed that in the email?

Does seem odd that they said it supports 4k mhl, when the newer lg flagship phones claim to have ditched mhl in favor of slimport, maybe they know something we dont know, but i reckon it was a misunderstanding only. If it does support Mhl 3.0, this implies that the lg flagship series phones support usb 3.0, which we all know it doesnt simply because it does not have the 11 pin micro usb mhl connector, like samsung.

But interestingly enough, I do know that lg is considering usb 3.0 for g2 g3 and flex, simply because they actually HAVE added a NEW proprietary 11pin micro usb 3.0 port on all of these phones (take a look, you will see 3 extra pins on each side of the standard microusb tongue, deeper inside the connector, these are usb 3.0 lines!). Although this new connector is not compatible with mhl 3.0 connector, which implies it will likely support a different video out protocol like slimport 4k or 3.0 if you will.

Slimport 4k requires a higher bandwidth interface like usb 3.0, and since recent lg schematic drawings prove that they have wired up the new connector to handle usb 3.0, then once someone makes the 4k adapter and a mating 11 pin connector, we will then hopefully see all these phones capable of supporting 4k soon, in addition to usb 3.0 fast charging, and maybe even support usb 3.0 OTG interface!
    I don't care about 4k output actually. What I care is the support of use otg and screen output simultaneously. That's why mhl is more attractive than slimport atm. Would be disappointed if at the end G3 doesn't support mhl3.0.

Thank you for clarifying that. As you have stated that slimport 4k adapters will be released some time this year, can you confirm if the g3 will support these and be able to output in 4k rather than upscale?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

The new dongles will work on the G3, however, 4K output is not supported by the G3 circuitry so the output would still be high bitrate 1080p. A 4K TV would detect the 1080p signal and scale it to 4K. Best to check with LG on their product plans for 4K support in the future.