Chromecast app disconnecting after screen mirroring selected

Search This thread

RaphaRevolution

Aug 18, 2014
Hey if anyone has the same problem and could share a solution i would be thakful. I'm trying to mirror my cell phone screen throug chromecast app. When in click in cast screen, the app finds my chromecast device connected to the TV. Then i select it, the connection is then stablished, the cell phone screen appears on TV, but imediatelly the chromecast app shows the "Disconnecting" message, automaticaly. After that, the chromecast app can't find the device on my wifi network anymore, just a few minutes later after a new search the device becomes identifiable again. Seems that the app is somehow making the Chromecast device to disconnect from the network. I've tryied to reset the chromecast device, to reinstall the chromecast app and i've disabled the AP isolation in my router and even tryied to disable the firewall, nothing worked what makes me belive it's an app issue.

Cell phone: Samsung S4 mini DualSim GT-I9192 with Andorid 4.4.2
Chromecast app: Version 1.7.4
Chromecast device firmware: 17977
TV: LG LM476200
Router: ARRIS TG862

Sorry for the english and thanks in advance.

maufinelli

Sep 4, 2014
Hey if anyone has the same problem and could share a solution i would be thakful. I'm trying to mirror my cell phone screen throug chromecast app. When in click in cast screen, the app finds my chromecast device connected to the TV. Then i select it, the connection is then stablished, the cell phone screen appears on TV, but imediatelly the chromecast app shows the "Disconnecting" message, automaticaly. After that, the chromecast app can't find the device on my wifi network anymore, just a few minutes later after a new search the device becomes identifiable again. Seems that the app is somehow making the Chromecast device to disconnect from the network. I've tryied to reset the chromecast device, to reinstall the chromecast app and i've disabled the AP isolation in my router and even tryied to disable the firewall, nothing worked what makes me belive it's an app issue.

Same here, same devices.

Reactions: RaphaRevolution

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
With my Note10.1 2014, a supported device, the CC app showed on tv, but the Note froze, which never happened before.
I haven't given it a second try, I'm 99% sure that this will happen every time, and I don't know any variation of the mirroring process or device setup, which might possibly lead to success.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
With my Note10.1 2014, a supported device, the CC app showed on tv, but the Note froze, which never happened before.
I haven't given it a second try, I'm 99% sure that this will happen every time, and I don't know any variation of the mirroring process or device setup, which might possibly lead to success.

If the device is supported for Cast Screen and it is using the stock ROM, then it should work. If it's not using the stock ROM, there is no guarantee of success.

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
Sometimes I find the casting is flaky if I'm connected to a 5 GHz wifi network, as the phone has to communicate via the router rather than directly with the Chromecast at 2.4 GHz.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bhiga

Oct 13, 2010
Still stock & non rooted.
I'd try it again. Screen Casting is high load on the system, so it could be heat or stress related.
My Galaxy S3 casts solidly as long as the battery isn't low, it's not overheating from being charged while casting, and the WiFi is strong.

Sometimes I find the casting is flaky if I'm connected to a 5 GHz wifi network, as the phone has to communicate via the router rather than directly with the Chromecast at 2.4 GHz.
It still communicates through your router in both cases. It's not WiFi Direct like Miracast. That said, I have seen reduced stability when casting from a 5 GHz device in newer firmware builds. It's still less bandwidth load on the bands, but it can be subject to issues if the router doesn't bridge the two networks efficiently.

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
I'd try it again. Screen Casting is high load on the system, so it could be heat or stress related.
My Galaxy S3 casts solidly as long as the battery isn't low, it's not overheating from being charged while casting, and the WiFi is strong.

It still communicates through your router in both cases. It's not WiFi Direct like Miracast. That said, I have seen reduced stability when casting from a 5 GHz device in newer firmware builds. It's still less bandwidth load on the bands, but it can be subject to issues if the router doesn't bridge the two networks efficiently.

Interesting, I was always under the impression that devices on a wireless LAN could talk to each other directly if they were capable of seeing each other's signal. I guess not, then.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bhiga

Oct 13, 2010
Interesting, I was always under the impression that devices on a wireless LAN could talk to each other directly if they were capable of seeing each other's signal. I guess not, then.
Standard AP/Infrastructure mode routes everything back through the router - it's a star topology. Easiest to manage and control, but you can be limited by the router/AP's processing speed (hence the different classifications for Wireless N, and the different real-world speeds even within those classifications).
Ad Hoc mode is peer-to-peer but has some limitations (fixed channel, limited range, etc)..
WiFi Direct is more of a small-scale AP setup and requires some hardware/driver support.

Things might change with the promise of "cast without being on the host's WiFi network" that was announced, but we'll have to wait and see.

TheGaffler

May 21, 2015
Did anyone find a fix to the original problem? I'm having the same issue on my S7 Edge. It worked fine, then one day I tried to mirror my screen and it says "Connecting" then immediately afterwards it says "Disconnecting". However, Chromecast can mirror screen just fine on my S4 that's on the same network.

Setup: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935T), Chromecast is connected via Mobile Hotspot. Samsung Galaxy S4 is connected to Mobile Hotspot as well. I DO NOT have a wireless router nor do I plan on getting one. Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.

KQC

Sep 8, 2017
Hi,
Managed to fix this by allowing microphone in permissions for all Google apps including Google play services and Google play services for Instant apps.
Hope this fixes your problem. :good:

TheGaffler

May 21, 2015
Hey! Found a fix for this on the S7 Edge. I think it did have something to do with the 5 ghz band.
1: Turn on your phone's wifi
2: Allow it to connect to your chromecast
3: Turn on Smart Network Switch
4: Allow Aggressive Switching
5: Turn on your Mobile Hotspot
6: Allow your Chromecast to connect
7: Once the Chromecast is connected to the Mobile Hotspot, Pull down menu and click to turn wifi off, wait one second, then turn back on.

You should be able to mirror and cast then.

Hope this helps. Not an engineer, can't tell you why this works, maybe there is a more simplified way. I've also heard of clearing the data and cache from the Google home app, but that stopped working for me as I'm sure this method will someday too.
But for now, enjoy!
Best Regards,
- The Gaffler

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
I have 1gen and 2gen Chromecast and both stopped screen casting (mirroring) with Pixel running Oreo. Works fine on Nexus with 7.1.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Same here, same devices.