[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Search This thread

markheloking

Oct 27, 2012
I was running fk-r112-anykernel2 before on lineage-14.1-20171122-nightly-hammerhead-signed without issues. I reformatted my Nexus 5 however, and am now installing lineage-14.1-20180510-nightly-hammerhead-signed. It installs (including gapps pico) and runs fine. If I then install fk-r114-anykernel2 from TWRP 3.2.1-1 (older versions don't seem to be up on the website :( ) and reboot to system, it reboots, I get the bootlogo (not boot animation), it reboots again and then enters back into recovery automatically.
Tried /data and /cache partitioned in F2FS as well, didn't change anything either.

I mean: it's so simple... Am I doing anything wrong or something?

[edit]
I'm blind lol, I figured the newest version would be sorted to top on the franco website... it's not, so I flashed the 8.1.0 Kernel on 7.1.2... Yeah, that's not going to work.

Last edited:

rodierguez

Jul 21, 2017
"Same problem" but you didn't give me any information that can help me try and figure it out. It's likely not FK's fault since it uses all the commits it needs.

Issues with the latest P4Block's LOS 15.1 ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Labs

Sorry for not explain the problem, but at the time I didn't have the words to describe it but here I go now: After flashing the kernel and getting the first start, my device stays on the homescreen only with the statusbar activated, without the navigation buttons. That is, without being able to do anything.

I try restarting (via holding a few seconds the power button because none other button responds) but on the restart the result was the same.

Thanks for your work and reply!

No clue to be honest.

That's not Kernel related.

Same issue in Unlegacy Android 20180509. Is the problem in both ROMS or in my device?

Last edited:

matusala

Oct 19, 2014
The only real problem for me in this kernel is that it does not have kexec-hardboot patch! It's needed to dual boot with other versions of android or alternative OSs with main android OS.
Can you please add support for dual boot? Or how can i add support for dualboot in this kernel. This kernel is the best for nexus devices. If you have nexus device you should use francos kernel. Glad to see nexus 5 kernel for newer roms. Also it's dissapointing there is no franco kernel for nexus 4 for marshmallow, nougat and oreo roms :(

h00ch

Mar 7, 2012
How do I remove this kernel? Since installing, my CPU usage is high, phone runs hotter and phone is sluggish.

Apr 12, 2015
I'm using Official RR Oreo & Just flashed this kernel. I'm not familiar with kernel modifications. Someone give some settings configuration

Galaxon

Mar 24, 2018
Hi. Ich want to make my display brightnes brighter with your kernel App. But every time in restart the phone it is automaticly disabled. Can you Help me please

cycloneblast

Oct 14, 2012
Johor Bahru
[Issue] Instagram videos/stories/IGTV won't play

Hi, long time user of your kernel. Currently using r114 on the unofficial version of LOS15.1, performance is as good as ever.
However, after much investigation, I've found out that Instagram videos/stories/IGTV [Any form of video playback in Instagram] won't play. It will, however, play if I force close the app and launch it again. But, only the first video that shows up on the screen will start playback. Any other videos after that will not play/freeze until I force close it again. I haven't done any modifications to the kernel in my testings.
Attached below is a screenshot of my Instagram app, showing that the stories on my screen won't play, but a circle will keep spinning on the top right corner, indicating that it's loading.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your efforts in supporting the N5 family till this day. :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_Instagram_20180722-155504.jpg
    Screenshot_Instagram_20180722-155504.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 500
Reactions: SnokeHUN

SnokeHUN

Jan 13, 2012
Budapest
Xiaomi Mi 8
Hi, long time user of your kernel. Currently using r114 on the unofficial version of LOS15.1, performance is as good as ever.
However, after much investigation, I've found out that Instagram videos/stories/IGTV [Any form of video playback in Instagram] won't play. It will, however, play if I force close the app and launch it again. But, only the first video that shows up on the screen will start playback. Any other videos after that will not play/freeze until I force close it again. I haven't done any modifications to the kernel in my testings.
Attached below is a screenshot of my Instagram app, showing that the stories on my screen won't play, but a circle will keep spinning on the top right corner, indicating that it's loading.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your efforts in supporting the N5 family till this day. :D

Me too. And some GIF in 9gag do this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180723-074502.jpg
    Screenshot_20180723-074502.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 591
Reactions: cycloneblast

kherboucha

Nov 30, 2012
Hi all, i would like to give my little experience about two kernels on my N5 with Resurrection Remix Oreo :

ElementalX has sweep gesture and tap gestures of Many kinds, very stable and responsive ( gestures ) and runs very smooth but battery life is very bad even when you keep the phone locked on airplane mode, the idle consumption goes up to more than 10% per hour sometimes while using greenfy for doze.

Franko kernel on the other hand doesn't have any
gestures support but gives way better battery life results, idle consumption with data enabled goes maximum to 3% per hour, which gives many more hours to use your phone.

Does anyone know if franko is planning to add like a DT2W ( double tap to wake gesture ), and could anyone tell me if the wake gesture affect battery life ? I know that it does but is it that much ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

patacca0

Aug 16, 2018
The LiveDisplay functionality doesn't seem to work on LineageOS 15.1 with this kernel.
Is it just for me or this kernel doesn't support LiveDisplay?

guanto96

Apr 4, 2016
Hi all, i would like to give my little experience about two kernels on my N5 with Resurrection Remix Oreo :

ElementalX has sweep gesture and tap gestures of Many kinds, very stable and responsive ( gestures ) and runs very smooth but battery life is very bad even when you keep the phone locked on airplane mode, the idle consumption goes up to more than 10% per hour sometimes while using greenfy for doze.

Franko kernel on the other hand doesn't have any
gestures support but gives way better battery life results, idle consumption with data enabled goes maximum to 3% per hour, which gives many more hours to use your phone.

Does anyone know if franko is planning to add like a DT2W ( double tap to wake gesture ), and could anyone tell me if the wake gesture affect battery life ? I know that it does but is it that much ?
Yes dt2w consumes a bit of battery, better use some apps that use proximity sensor to wake up the screen

psrkallez06

Dec 3, 2011
Hello! I've been using this kernel with Linage os 14.1 and worked perfectly. Now i have upgraded to Dirty Unicorn 12.5 (android 8.1) + Magisk for root. But when i flash the latest franco kernel in TWRP, and then reboot the phone i just see the google logo, then it jumps back to recovery so i can't boot. Any idea why this is? I really love the DU rom, and of course this kernel, i would love to use them both. Thanks!

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Just in case you haven't updated or checked this update (released it 2-3 days ago but forgot to post on the forums). A man's gotta eat!
New FK Kernel Manager update http://get.franciscofranco.xyz
3.6 is here! Please review the app on the Play Store, it helps me tremendously!

1. Added Screen on & Screen off stats widgets. Stats are gathered when the Battery Monitor is active and running!
2. Added a bunch of Kernel tunables: ZRAM on/off, size, swappiness, dirty_ratio, etc;
3. Per-App Profiles bugfixing and improvements based on user feedback;
4. Night Shift bugfixing - it should be reliable now;
5. Added stune settings;
6. Some "quality of life" improvements

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r65) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r72) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r76) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r97) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds (starting with r114) are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

This does not work with "CAF" roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/hammerhead

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    [KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r14

Reserved
    r33 is pushed! Thanks for all the tests during this last 5-6 weeks. Before you ask yes this build is newer than the last r33-test. Most of you that followed the changes know basically what changed, so this is a generic changelog:

* FK does not work with CM or derivates anymore so don't flash if you're in one of those roms. Also make sure you're not undervolting too much, this new build might be a little extra nervous regarding low voltages
    * This is a huge release with more than 1 month of consecutive testing. It contains probably more than 250 new commits which include a lot of patches from Codeaurora with fixes, performance improvements and battery improvements. Subsystems like cpufreq, audio, video, display, thermal, power management etc have been improved. For a complete list of changes please visit my github repository
    * My hotplug driver has been improved as in having a complete new set of tunables for advanced users. Visit my repository for the documentation of each tunable

Enjoy!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

From my part thanks a lot for the great 2 months since the N5 was released, that, for me, is a great gift, thank you all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Pushed r37 with exciting features:

* Misc patches with small fixes
    * Remove duplicated GPU frequencies
    * Add minimum backlight tunable /sys/module/parameters/lm3630_bl/min_brightness
    * Add RGB display calibration /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
    * Merged some memory routine optimizations from Motorola

Cool stuff :)