adbLink v6.1

Search This thread

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Hi, where's the screenshot button gone?

Gone, but back in 2.05. In the meantime, open adbLink Console and paste the command:

Code:
adb shell screencap -p /sdcard/screenshot.png

Then pull the png file from /sdcard. Be aware that the screencap command is failing for some users running OS 5.x. In that case the png file created is zero bytes.

Rokkit

Jun 20, 2016
Can you explain how to use the ad hoc directory? Nothing I tried works even though I made the folders internally with Kodi.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Can you explain how to use the ad hoc directory? Nothing I tried works even though I made the folders internally with Kodi.

To work with a directory not in the preset, {i.e. /sdcard/xml/} simply type /sdcard/xml/ into the ad hoc field, then use the push/pull/del buttons. The clear button clears out the field. If you created directories with Kodi, they may be under .kodi directory.

MordredKLB

Jan 14, 2012
Looks like the llama options are gone. Will those be coming back or is that dead now?

In a less complainy vein, I got Kodi up and running in about 20 minutes with all my settings perfect using your app. Couldn't have been easier. Thanks so much!

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Looks like the llama options are gone. Will those be coming back or is that dead now?

In a less complainy vein, I got Kodi up and running in about 20 minutes with all my settings perfect using your app. Couldn't have been easier. Thanks so much!

Llama's been gone for many,many moons now. It does not work with OS 5x and the author no longer maintains it. Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad your setup went ok.

ftgftg

Aug 12, 2013
I just upgraded from a much older version and the first thing I noticed is that it BEEPs at me

Extremely annoying, how can I turn it off? I never, ever want a program to BEEP at me no matter what. It's doubly annoying when I have media playing.

(That my Fire TV also "clicks" all the time when using the remote is quite annoying as well. I don't see a setting to turn that off.)

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
I just upgraded from a much older version and the first thing I noticed is that it BEEPs at me

Extremely annoying, how can I turn it off? I never, ever want a program to BEEP at me no matter what. It's doubly annoying when I have media playing.

(That my Fire TV also "clicks" all the time when using the remote is quite annoying as well. I don't see a setting to turn that off.)

adbLink does not contain any sound output functions. There are no built-in beeps or sounds.

ftgftg

Aug 12, 2013
adbLink does not contain any sound output functions. There are no built-in beeps or sounds.

Gotcha, sorry.

Indeed, this is a system error beep. I thought I had taken out all of those. I certainly hadn't gotten any such beeps in a loooong time but apparently the popup window call used here uses one not used by my other programs that I had missed.

Thanks.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Gotcha, sorry.

Indeed, this is a system error beep. I thought I had taken out all of those. I certainly hadn't gotten any such beeps in a loooong time but apparently the popup window call used here uses one not used by my other programs that I had missed.

Thanks.

No prob, you're welcome.

thefamousmoe

Sep 22, 2010
When I move Kodi data to external HDD? Does that mean the Kodi data (cache, thumbnails, etc) will continue to be saved there? Or it is just moved there as sort of a backup?

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
adbLink 2.05 released

adbLink 2.05 changelog

View/copy Kodi log files

Bug condition in busybox installation fixed.

Screen capture function restored. See help.

"Device Unauthorized" help file added.

For drive mounting & samba please use
play store services.

http://www.jocala.com

Reactions: TX16095

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Just tried this, it looks really nice!

Just one question: since in Krypton the advancedsettings.xml cache settings have changed, how does one tell it what files to create/push?

In Krypton <cachemembuffersize> is renamed to <memorysize> and <readbufferfactor> is renamed to
<readfactor>. Additionally, cache settings now have their own tag <cache>, rather than being in
<network>.

adbLink 2.05 doesn't yet use these settings. 2.06 will allow you to choose between 16 and 17 for
advancedsettings.xml styles.

Reactions: krakout

krakout

In Krypton <cachemembuffersize> is renamed to <memorysize> and <readbufferfactor> is renamed to
<readfactor>. Additionally, cache settings now have their own tag <cache>, rather than being in
<network>.

adbLink 2.05 doesn't yet use these settings. 2.06 will allow you to choose between 16 and 17 for
advancedsettings.xml styles.

Ah, perfect! Thanks for letting us know :)

madmackem

Dec 19, 2005
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi, using this on a laptop Win10 with uhd screen, any way to change the settings so I can see all the info in the boxes?
As you can see its all squashed up!

Attachments

• adblink.jpg
    adblink.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 92

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
This is an unfortunate side effect of high-dpi systems.

It's addressed in adbLink 2.06 (not released yet), but this workaround may help:

Create a system environment variable: QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1

On Windows 7,8, and 10 you can do this by pressing the windows icon and typing
"environment". Choose "Edit the system environment variables" (this works in both system or
user environment variables).

On the window that appears, click the "Environment Variables" button and then click
"New". Input QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR for the variable name, and 1 for the variable value.

If you created this variable in the user variables, you will have to log out, and log in
for this change to take effect.

If created in the system variables, you must restart the system.

Reactions: madmackem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    04/12/24

Version 6.1

File manager dialog geometry saved between sessions.

Start program dialog: The Start program choice is now saved between sessions

Stop program dialog: The Stop program choice is now saved between sessions

Send text to device: Send text string to active input field on connected device

Quest headset (beta): Change various settings on the Quest headset. Tested with Quest 2/3. Changes are not persistent, and are cleared by rebooting the device.
    There are videos:

And help pages:

More help links at jocala.com and help within the adblink program itself. Have a look, feel free to post questions about anything you need clairification on.
    @jocala , the first thing I do when opening File Manager in adbLink is resize the window to a much larger size. Would it be possible to add an option/setting that would allow for the saving/remembering of the last window size for such windows? Thanks.

TBH, I don't know. I'll look into it.
    Hello all, please forgive me but I’ve never used adblink before yesterday. I was using filezilla and es file explorer to move my build around my devices. I recently acquired a new firestick, that has the android data file locked and my ild way of transferring my build isn’t working anymore. I tried using adblink to move my build from a windows laptop to the new firestick but couldn’t figure out how. Couldn’t really find any tutorials for a noob like myself. I would appreciate any help I can get. I’m running adblink version 6.0 thanks again 🙏

Edit one: I feel dumb for posting this but do I have to connect my laptop to adblink? Or is it considered connected since I have it installed? If I do have to connect it how do I do that? I managed to connect my new fire stick to it. But when I tried to connect my laptop it wasn’t working.
    Hi, My knowledge using Abdlink is limited, but yes you do need to connect each firestick to to abdlink via your FS network ip address. from your laptop.
    04/12/24

Version 6.1

File manager dialog geometry saved between sessions.
    Confirmed that this is working as-anticipated. Thanks for the quick inclusion.
    adbLink is a companion program for Kodi.

It works with Kodi for Windows, Mac,Linux and Android

Global Features

Manage multiple Kodi devices from one PC
    Edit XML and other files on your devices
    Clone Kodi setups to new devices
    Backup/Restore Kodi setups
    Custom Cache Support for Kodi
    Log file viewer for adbLink/Kodi logs
    Hyperlinked HTML Help

Android Features

Install Programs without Android SDK
    ADB/Fastboot enabled command-line
    Busybox for root and non-root
    Built-in WIFI/USB remote
    Move Kodi data to external drives
    Manage devices via USB or IP address
    Root-aware File Manager
    Install/Uninstall Apps

adbLink is available for Windows, macOS and Linux/ChromeOS

adbLink 3.6 released

adbLink v 3.6 released

/sdcard, /data/local/tmp, & /storage
    added to presets for file manager

Activity indicator for local restores
    now properly resets when job is done.

File manager checks that preset
    or ad hoc path exists prior to
    directory change via go button.

Android Debug Bridge updated
    Version 1.0.39 - 0.0.1-4500957

File manager updated to work with
    adb v1.0.39

Fastboot updated
    Version 0.0.1-4500957

08/08/22

adbLink 5.1 release

Internal script directory made
    uniform for all architectures.

Terminal selection expanded.
    Preferences now allows you to
    choose Windows Terminal or
    Command Prompt for Windows,
    Terminal or iTerm for macOS,
    and Gnome Terminal, KDE Console
    or XFCE4 Terminal for Linux.

Initial support for Intel ChromeOS.
    Tested with ChromeOS Flex.

adbLink 3.1 released

adbLink 3.1 changelog 05/01/17

The file manager is now root-aware. Perform common file management
    functions (copy,move,rename,mkdir,etc) on the /system and /data
    partitions if your device is rooted.

When upgrading adbLink versions, data is preserved. Tested
    with adbLink 2.04 and up.

The database and log files are now stored in a standard
    directory located in the user's $HOME. Mac users can
    now run adbLink without admin privileges.

The progress bar activity indicator is back.

Devices can be accessed on an ad hoc basis: double-clicking
    a USB serial number or entering an IP address on-the-fly
    allows interaction with the device w/o first creating
    a device record. In this case, Kodi defaults are assumed.

Notification messages: toast-style messages or normal style is
    now a preference, with normal set as default.

A global folder location for files copied from your device
    is set to your system $HOME. Changed to a global location of your
    preference, or overridden by a per-device preference in a
    device record.

Keypad now uses device address as dialog title

Log filename defaults to kodi.log or spmc.log depending on
    configuration

System help updated

New video for adbLink v3.1 will be available later this week.