[MOD] Uncapped Data / Liberty 1.0 / Gummy Jar 2.5 /Zoooommmm omg its so fast!!!!!

Search This thread

haledroid

Mar 27, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Zoooommmm omg its so fast!!!!!

.::Added Liberty 1.0 MOD::.

Attached is a modded services.jar file from the stock Gummy Jar 2.5 with bandwidth throttling removed.

Please install this file at your own risk.

This is a flashable.zip

to install
1. boot into clock work.
2. install zip from sdcard
3. choose the zip file you just downloaded.

If you get an error you might want to mount system then install the same file from zip. I didn't have to mount system.

How do I get throttling back if I decided I dont want to use this? All you have to do is flash the gummy jar 2.5 again. You dont need to format or clear cache. You wont lose any data. Or just do a backup before installing this mod.

What changes on my phone? This mod increases the upload and download speeds from the 3g network. The speeds were limited before. This takes that limit cap off.

Make sure you are getting a good signal. If you are getting a bad signal you will not notice a speed difference. If you are in a good area with full bars then yes you will notice a speed difference.

I attached a screen shot of my download speed after flashing the mod. I used the speedtest.net app from the market.

Attachments

• gummyjar2_5_bandwidth_throttling_remove.zip
    710.9 KB · Views: 1,410
  • snap20110111_133613.jpg
    snap20110111_133613.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4,739
  • liberty_1.0_bandwidth_throttling_remove.zip
    710.8 KB · Views: 1,841
Last edited:

deadpixell

Sep 22, 2010
Anyone else tested this? Seems interesting, never knew data was throttled on the x...

edit: any need to mount system or data?

Last edited:

Zudovex

Jan 12, 2011
Do you need to deodex before installing this mod? I am rooted and using gummyJAR 2.5 rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Reactions: jvward

dx1881

Dec 11, 2010
This rocks, thx u I've seen significant upload speed when im streaming

haledroid

Mar 27, 2010
Dallas, Tx
I am assuming we can flash this to roms other than Gummy, like Darkslide?

If you're on a different rom make a backup first before flashing.

Below is the reason why I edited the services.jar from the gummyjar rom:
Someone posted a services.jar file with throttling removed in a different thread, but it came from a different rom. The user that posted didn't specify which rom he was on. I decided to try it out and flash that to the gummyjar rom I was running. Everything worked out ok until I received a phone call. If I answered the call my phone would reboot. So something in the services.jar from the other rom didn't work right with gummyjar.

I'm moving to gummyjar's new rom Liberty. I'll post a services.jar for that rom some time tonight with throttling removed on the first page of this thread.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: jaskru

Ubermicro13

Sep 15, 2010
Andover
On the Thread for Liberty Rom it said he did not include the upcapped data mod because it caused problems elsewhere...have those been resolved or is this just doing it anyway?

mrcookjr

Oct 20, 2010
Confirmed and working on liberty. Youtube indeed will load HQ with no stops over 3G.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zoooommmm omg its so fast!!!!!

.::Added Liberty 1.0 MOD::.

Attached is a modded services.jar file from the stock Gummy Jar 2.5 with bandwidth throttling removed.

Please install this file at your own risk.

This is a flashable.zip

to install
    1. boot into clock work.
    2. install zip from sdcard
    3. choose the zip file you just downloaded.

If you get an error you might want to mount system then install the same file from zip. I didn't have to mount system.

How do I get throttling back if I decided I dont want to use this? All you have to do is flash the gummy jar 2.5 again. You dont need to format or clear cache. You wont lose any data. Or just do a backup before installing this mod.

What changes on my phone? This mod increases the upload and download speeds from the 3g network. The speeds were limited before. This takes that limit cap off.

Make sure you are getting a good signal. If you are getting a bad signal you will not notice a speed difference. If you are in a good area with full bars then yes you will notice a speed difference.

I attached a screen shot of my download speed after flashing the mod. I used the speedtest.net app from the market.
    i have a 90db signal and saw no speed gain at all.
    Do you need to deodex before installing this mod? I am rooted and using gummyJAR 2.5 rom.

Cool, thanks for your help

I am assuming we can flash this to roms other than Gummy, like Darkslide?

If you're on a different rom make a backup first before flashing.

Below is the reason why I edited the services.jar from the gummyjar rom:
    Someone posted a services.jar file with throttling removed in a different thread, but it came from a different rom. The user that posted didn't specify which rom he was on. I decided to try it out and flash that to the gummyjar rom I was running. Everything worked out ok until I received a phone call. If I answered the call my phone would reboot. So something in the services.jar from the other rom didn't work right with gummyjar.

I'm moving to gummyjar's new rom Liberty. I'll post a services.jar for that rom some time tonight with throttling removed on the first page of this thread.

Thanks