GREATEST INSTRUCTIONS EVER! - How to ROOT your Samsung Galaxy Tab

Search This thread

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
I see. I prefer rooted of course. Just like to know how to revert when necessary.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

sam008

Feb 14, 2009
Guys
Does this work with the 16gb Wifi model (P7510MAYXAB)?

Also, with my device rooted, would I be able to receive Samsung/Google software updates in the future? I don't plan to install any custom ROMs. Just rooting to use some apps that need it

Thanks!

sam008

Feb 14, 2009
The first post on this thread states the root instructions are for tablets that haven't received any updates. I did receive a 200mb odd update about 3 days ago. Currently I run
Android Ver 3.1
Kernel Ver 2.6.36.3se.infra@SEP-52 #1
Build No. HMJ37.UEKMB P7510UEKMB

Thanks!

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
if you're on android 3.1 you are in the wrong forums.. sounds like a 10.1 Tab, not the 7" as official for the 7" is only 2.3.4

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
Maybe the OP is a fan of MOHAMMAD ALI-that's why the instructions are titled THE GREATEST:D:D:D

unfortunately,just like Mohammad Ali, the instructions don't work anymore!!

cheers!:D:D

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
Maybe the OP is a fan of MOHAMMAD ALI-that's why the instructions are titled THE GREATEST:D:D:D

haha... i think we can ask alexnguyen018 to update this thread already.

Again, the files I used were

Odin3 v1.7.zip and CF-Root-TAB7_XX_OXA_JQ1-v3.3-CWM3RFS.zip (comes from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=885734)

and instructions I used was from

Code:
http://droidangel.blogspot.com/2011/05/procedure-how-to-root-samsung-galaxy.html

As this thread keeps being on page 1, this helps a lot people who wanna root their P1000.

Last edited:

BKSea

May 4, 2010
Won't Boot... Need Help!

Hello,

I successfully rooted and was using my tablet. I then tried to install the desktop mod and now my tablet will not boot. I am stuck on the SAMSUNG screen. I have tried wiping and restoring and can not recover. I have a working backup saved on my PC but cannot get it on the tablet. I also cannot figure out how to get a Update.zip on the tablet. I can get to the clockwork mod recovery screen. Is there a way to get files from my PC to the tablet so I can restore or install from zip when I can not get it to boot?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

knotrkr

May 16, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm not going to dis your thread man. Yea Z4root is old but there maybe some people that didn't know. I just know I hate it when I write a thread and was already a known thing and I didn't know everyone knew and I got thrashed, lol. So thanks for the info, have yourself a good one..
kn0t.

wmwamidi

Jun 2, 2004
Oslo

It would be better to refrain from making fun of Mohammed Ali or any other icon, dead or alive. FYI, Mohammed Ali is still alive AND working.

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Got a great deal on an i-800 tab. I read a couple pages back that the method the OP suggests no longer works. This tab is running 2.3.5, but I'd like to root it.

Recommendations?

Suggestions?

(Thanks in advance!)

jkarlo76

Dec 10, 2011
Los Angeles
i have a T-mobile Galaxy Tab still running its stock 2.2 would this really work on my tab? Can you help me out on my galaxy tab? Since T-Mobile will never update to 2.3 Gingerbread am considering of hacking it myself. Can you help me out on what file to get? Thanks!

ChevanLemon

Jan 29, 2012
Dear guys,

I just download the z4root and I choose the temporary root but I still didn't see the superuser app in the application drawer instead several application gone missing.

so what do I miss?

dnd02220

Jun 19, 2010
It worked like a charm for me. I have the T-mobile version of the Galaxy tab
Build # FROYO.UVJJB
Kernel - 2.6.32.9
may.park@SEP-08 #1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are many guides out there on how to root your Tab, but I wanted to create one that explains the process in extremely detailed instructions to help new comers. Most guides I see have many ambiguities in them that would cause noobs to get stuck on and panic. I wanted to create a guide that makes them feel comfortable rooting their Tab, knowing that all the information is in front of them. (These instructions are meant for Galaxy Tabs that are running stock firmware that have not received any updates from their carriers and so forth. Specifically, these instructions were tested on newly bought Tabs from T-Mobile USA)

The Samsung Galaxy Tab can be rooted quite easily using an application (app) called z4root. The app can be downloaded here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833953 (Scroll down to the end of the FIRST post and you'll see the file under "Attached Files"

This guide will help you root your Tab using this app. The instructions that I will be providing are EXTREMELY detailed and will help anyone new to rooting accomplish this on their Tab(s) quite easily. Make sure to follow my instructions carefully so you don't miss anything and I guarantee you'll be successful. Let's begin!

1. Download the z4root app from the link above either from your Tab or a computer (I suggest using a computer to download it. You'll have to create an account on the website if you don't already have one in order to download the file. Once downloaded, transfer the file to your Tab using the data cable that came with it. Select "Mass Storage" on your Tab when prompted. I suggest copying the file into the main directory of your Tab [Tab's internal storage, not microSD card])

2. Once the file is on your Tab, search for an application called "ASTRO file manager" on the Android Market. Download and install it.

3. In order to install the downloaded z4root app, you'll need to:

Go to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > and check "UNKNOWN SOURCES"

4. Launch ASTRO and use it to navigate to the downloaded z4root file. If you downloaded the file from your Tab, it should be in the "DOWNLOAD" folder. If you transfered the file using a computer, just navigate to wherever it is you copied the file to.

Once you find it, select it. Choose "Open App Manager." Now choose "Install."

5. Go to SETTINGS > DEVELOPMENT > and check "USB debugging." Launch z4root then select the "PERMANENT" root option. The application should take anywhere between 30 seconds - 1 minute to successfully root your Tab. Once it's done, it should reboot your Tab automatically. (NOTE: If z4root gets stuck on the screen that says "Rebooting..." for more than about 5 minutes, try pressing the HOME button on your Tab. If you can get back to the home screen, manually reboot the Tab yourself. If the Tab is completely frozen at the "Rebooting..." screen, force the Tab off by holding the Power Button for about 6 seconds, or until the Tab shuts off then turn it back on.

6. Once the Tab is back on, open up the APPLICATIONS drawer. You should see an app called "SUPERUSER." If you see this application, then you're done! You have successfully ROOTED your Galaxy Tab. Nice work! If you don't see SUPERUSER, go back and repeat Steps 5 and 6.

Congratulations, you're now free to modify your Tab in ways that will enhance it's speed and performance by a great deal. The next thing that you would probably want to do to your Tab is to flash (install) an EXT4 kernel. This will convert the Tab's proprietary RFS file system to the EXT4 file system, which will increase speed and performance by a lot. Once you do that, it will be time to flash a ROM that has enhancements and modifications built into it that meets your needs. Rooting and flashing these ROMs will help you get the most out of your Tab. Tutorials like this one for flashing the EXT4 kernel and custom ROMs will be coming soon. Stay tuned!

If you have any questions, please contact me here on XDA for further assistance. Good luck!
    Why is it called one click when it is so complicated?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
    Pretty much Alex's guide is exactly how my rooting process went on my off-contract T-Mobile Tab. I will look forward to the next episode about flashing, unless I get up the courage to try myself.
    Agreed. If I could only get Kies to see my galaxy then maye I could actually try SuperOneClick.
    Hello dear friend and thanks for the instructions.
    However in my Tab there is no "Unknown sourc e" to enable. AT+T locked it for good.