[Q] AOKP - can't add APN

Search This thread

jojo_whit3

Feb 26, 2011
Rockville, MD
Hi all. I recently got an Galaxy S2 (SGH-I777) and am using it on Straight Talk (with their AT&T SIM card). I've been testing out a few different ROMs to see which one I like the best. I've tried older GB ROMs like UnNamed and newer ICS ROMs like SHOStock2 and MIUI v4...and they've all worked fine so far. Last night, I wanted to try out AOKP. At the time, Build 4.21.2012 was the latest...I see there's now a Build 34 but I won't be able to try that until after work.

Anyway, I went to Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Access Point Names to add a new APN for Straight Talk service. Usually there's a couple default APNs already there, but my list was blank so I didn't have to delete anything. I then went to Menu > New APN, added the info, and finally hit Menu > Save. However, nothing was added to the list so I can't select an APN afterward. I tried multiple times but the list always stays empty. I tried reflashing the ROM but that didn't make any difference either.

AOKP is the only ROM I'm experiencing this on. I went back and flashed SHOStock2 and could add a new APN without any problems. Whenever I flash a new ROM, I always do...Reset data, Wipe cache, Wipe dalvik cache, and Format /system first.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

jojo_whit3

Feb 26, 2011
Rockville, MD
Try flashing a new modem first--I've never had this problem with AOKP.

I'll give that a try later. Since this is AOKP, do I have to use one of the Modems For CM7&9/MIUI ROMs from here? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1336958

I change my apns everytime a flash aokp.
This is my first time ever flashing AOKP, so I assumed I would have to anyway because I reset the data. I tried to add a new APN, but after I save it the list is blank. Since the list is always blank, I can't ever select an APN...its weird.

Do you know where the APN info is stored? I'm curious if it's just like an .xml file that I could then modify using root explorer or something.

jojo_whit3

Feb 26, 2011
Rockville, MD
I finally got this working....looks like all I had to do was reboot.

So I flashed Build 34 and had the same problem...every time I try to add an APN, nothing shows up in the list. I tried it about 5 times but nothing worked. I rebooted...I meant to go into recovery but accidentally did just a normal reboot. After it loaded up, I checked the APN settings...and sure enough all 5 APNs I added showed up as well as the default AT&T APN.

I'm not sure what happened, but all is working well now.

Reactions: Chief Geek

Phalanx7621

Jul 17, 2011
Delaware
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google Pixel 5a
The fact that this thread had to be started in the first place is beyond me. I had the same problem OP had, when the rom booted up I had no data connection. No apns listed in apn list. But before posting a question about it or jumping to a conclusion, I rebooted. And of course it worked. Because this forum isnt about hand holding, although we do help each other out and have a great fun time. But in the end, we should all be trying to fix as many of our own problems as we can. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.....teach him to fish.....anyway point is we need to get our own hands dirty peeplz. Don't rely solely on these awesome devs and mods to givez u magic. Go make the magic.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try flashing a new modem first--I've never had this problem with AOKP.
    I change my apns everytime a flash aokp.
    I finally got this working....looks like all I had to do was reboot.

So I flashed Build 34 and had the same problem...every time I try to add an APN, nothing shows up in the list. I tried it about 5 times but nothing worked. I rebooted...I meant to go into recovery but accidentally did just a normal reboot. After it loaded up, I checked the APN settings...and sure enough all 5 APNs I added showed up as well as the default AT&T APN.

I'm not sure what happened, but all is working well now.