MichyPrima presents: ROM WM6.1 B21042 R6.1 Reloaded - Full

Search This thread

michyprima

Sep 30, 2007
twitter.com
ROM WM6.1 B21042 R6.1 Reloaded

allf.jpg

screen07v.jpg

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/226811479/X7510_R6.1_Full_Reloaded_WM6.1_B21042.rar.html

Anyway, if you like what i do, don't forget to donate using the link in the signature. Thanks.

Last edited:

youmeus

Jul 6, 2005
THANK YOU!

Michy I just wanted to say a big thanks from all of us at the x7510 thread for all your hard work. This has been fun working with you...

Hi Michelle- great work here! I've got this on my O2 XDA Flint and it really rocks- very fast and seems stable so far!

I'm really surprised how good PointUI has become- I've used Mobile Shell 2 and 3 till now, but may keep PointUI for the time being.

RAM after a SR seems a little low at 48MB- does PointUI grab a lot of memory?

What have you taken out of this build in the Lite version? I may try the Lite if I can't get enough RAM for iGO8 to work (not tried it yet but it usually likes 50MB free to run)

Thx again

michyprima

Sep 30, 2007
twitter.com
just checked : pointui is using 8.85mb ram according to the fdc taskmanager.

edit: the light vrsion is just like the full, but is only the clean operating system.

Last edited:

embassy

Feb 21, 2008
Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this project.

I have installed all three versions and have settled with the 6.1 Light, I am ver interested in a Manilla version of 6.1, is this possible ?

I will be making donation to your beer fund for sure!

Spb Mobile Shell 3 :)

Michy: Yes- it does seem to vary, but currently mine is using 10MB for PointUI, so I don't know why it was initially 16MB!

Good news is that iGO8 runs fine even with PointUI loaded, and even better in this ROM, iGO actually exits correctly, which it doesn't in the stock O2 ROM.

I may still try the Lite version!

Donation on its way :)

rsawoseyin

May 26, 2007
Lagos
Needs some work

I think this Full version needs some more work. The Light version seems much better. First, to be left with only 34MB of program memory after installation is terrible - the Light version leaves me with 64MB. Secondly, when I selected PCM Keyboard Ext for my input, the input selection simply froze. No input keyboard would come up, and I could not even select any other keyboard.

Last edited:
I think this Full version needs some more work. The Light version seems much better. First, to be left with only 34MB of program memory after installation is terrible - the Light version leaves me with 64MB. Secondly, when I selected PCM Keyboard Ext for my input, the input selection simply froze. No input keyboard would come up, and I could not even select any other keyboard.

Possibly somethig went wrong with the installation? Did you do a hard reset immediately after the ROM flash? That sometimes clears some temporary files that can remain behind.

I had 47MB program memory after a soft reset with PointUI loaded and 57MB with it unloaded. The Lite version gave me 61MB after the ROM flash, going down to 48MB with Spb Mobile Shell 3, Touchpal and Spb Weather installed, so the 2 ROMs are quite similar. I've seen no major difference in performance between the Lite and Full versions, but have opted for Lite as I hate Opera and prefer to have it removed, and I prefer Touchpal as my SIP :)

I didn't try the PCM keyboard whan I had the full version installed, but have had the same freezing on both my previous X7510 and Diamonds so maybe its an application issue?

natrix-iva

May 3, 2009
Turin
May be this question is outside of this thread but the problem occured with this new ROM.
Previously on SIM changing all new parameters of internet connection were received automatically from mobile operator. Now they aren't.
I like this version and I don't to go back to old original slow version... and I can't get settings from mobile operator (Vodafone CZ) to setup them manually.
What it could be? And how it can be solved?

rsawoseyin

May 26, 2007
Lagos
Possibly somethig went wrong with the installation? Did you do a hard reset immediately after the ROM flash? That sometimes clears some temporary files that can remain behind.
The installation went smoothly. I make it a rule to always do a hard reset after any flashing.

I didn't try the PCM keyboard whan I had the full version installed, but have had the same freezing on both my previous X7510 and Diamonds so maybe its an application issue?

If PCM Keyboard is buggy, it should not be part of the ROM. I had used PCM Keyboard before and it was ok. It was the PCM Keyboard Ext I tried and the device froze.

Sorry - I meant the PCM-Ext one! I don't even know what it's supposed to do as each time I tried it on older devices it froze!

Your RAM issue - I can only assume some sort of flashing error as you have done everything by the book. I can only repeat that I had around 45MB free. Maybe Michy can confirm the expected figures?

Anyway from your other post, I presume you are now using Lite?

@ natrix- yes, this ROM omits the HTC Connection Setup program so you need to find the correct settings. Can you ask Voda CZ tech support?

embassy

Feb 21, 2008
Sorry - I meant the PCM-Ext one! I don't even know what it's supposed to do as each time I tried it on older devices it froze!

Your RAM issue - I can only assume some sort of flashing error as you have done everything by the book. I can only repeat that I had around 45MB free. Maybe Michy can confirm the expected figures?

Anyway from your other post, I presume you are now using Lite?

@ natrix- yes, this ROM omits the HTC Connection Setup program so you need to find the correct settings. Can you ask Voda CZ tech support?

Neil,

I see from your site review of the Flint, you tested it with the O2Menu software installed the rebrabded Mobile shell app.

Any chance you can hook us up with a Cab to install ? or point is to a link for DL ?

Neil,

I see from your site review of the Flint, you tested it with the O2Menu software installed the rebrabded Mobile shell app.

Any chance you can hook us up with a Cab to install ? or point is to a link for DL ?

It may not have been clear from the review, but the reviewer, Dave, was using the standard Spb Mobile Shell application on his Flint. The O2 Menu application comes with the O2 Zest which he also reviewed, but I don't know if anyone has extracted it yet.

It may be worth your while registering on 4WM, and posing the question in the Flint review thread- you may get a better answer!