[ROM] LinaroDroid | 4.4.3.2.1 | OPENMASTER | Hammerhead | Nightlies

Search This thread

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
h2z5.png

Code:
I take no responsability if your phone crashes,burns,explodes,kills your daughter/son/pet/wife or starts a thermonuclear war, when using my ROM,I try to do my best to keep things safe,but one never knows

So,here it is
A really close to AOSP experience with Linaro,AOSP Openmaster,CodeAuroraForum[Qualcomm guys] optimizations
Built from Linaro KitKat sources,with their special ARM optimized toolchain,
With load of optimizations in a wide variety of projects(and more are to come)
Compiled with Google's Kernel for MSM(planning to switch to a custom kernel with more and more optimizations) to have a perfectly working build and very stable.
Includes ART fixes to allow the usage of previously incompatible apps at install time,however there are some apps which require calls to dalvik specific code(e.g. Titanium Backup which will continue to not work and there's not much I can do till developers update their code)
ROM comes without gapps(obviously),feel free to download the ones you like most.

Install instructions for EXT4:
Reboot to recovery
Make a backup
Flash my rom
Flash gapps if you want
Reboot and enjoy
If rom gets stuck at boot(or crashes without a reason),
Reboot to recovery(hint: hold power button for 10 seconds and phone will reboot)
Do a factory reset
Reboot and enjoy

Install instructions for F2FS:
Nothing to see here,yet.

Download:
Beta 1.0

Nightlies:
AndroidFileHost link

For more infos go to linaro site

I plan to build builds almost daily(Only if there are relevant changes and if I have time to build)
I accept any feature request,both for rom and kernel(and I'm open to switch to any kernel you might want,as long as a majority requests it)

Source code
Source code which isn't 100% linaro will be on LinaroDroid github account
Kernel source code is in here [URL="https://github.com/LinaroDroid/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/kk4.4"]LinaroDroid kernel/lge/hammerhead

[/URL]
Kang at will and feel free to comment submit pull requests

Scheduled features:
F2FS - Testing stage
Navbar customization - WIP

I am currently seeking for contributors to the project,anyone is free to commit features and port this to any other device

XDA:DevDB Information
LinaroDroid ROM, a ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
helicopter88, xboxfanj, Linaro guys
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked device,custom recovery
Based On: Linaro AOSP Source code,AOSP Master source code

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2013-11-21

Created 2013-11-21
Last Updated 2014-01-05

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
Reserved

You can talk directly with me through various ways:
Google+
XDA
Gmail
or on Freenode,channel #neopeek (when I'm not near my pc/phone,drop a line to awaycopter88,I'll read it once I will turn on my pc)

Last edited:
Reactions: Z1cK and beekay201

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
Reserved

Just to make building supereasy,I made something quick for you
assuming you are running linux,just run this
Code:
curl https://raw.github.com/helicopter88/linaro_scripts/kk4.4/builder.sh && chmod a+x builder.sh && source builder.sh
This will set up the environment and start a build(I did exclude vendor blobs as you might prefer to get 'em from your phone)

Last edited:

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
If you have any problem with boot,do a factory reset,and make sure it really reset your data

Reactions: Z1cK

jtwlbz

Apr 29, 2012
Earth
I am a big fan of linaro optimization. looking forward to this rom. so now pretty no additional features right?

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
I am a big fan of linaro optimization. looking forward to this rom. so now pretty no additional features right?

It's basically AOSP + Optimizations
I can merge things(be it settings,features,other optimizations,removal of things) from other repos and kernels,if you want

Reactions: Z1cK

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011
If I may ask, what is your philosophy with this ROM? Since you take all feature requests, do you intend on it branching far from the AOSP experience over time with heavy features? Or are you shooting for a simple and stable linaro optimized AOSP build? Only reason I ask is that I am extremely interested in the latter and would probably make this my daily driver :good: Either way, thanks for bringing this to us!!

::EDIT::
By the way, if you are looking for a custom kernel, might I recommend giving a shout to the maker of Bricked kernel. His kernel has linaro optimizations as well and is stable as hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: feedtheducks

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
Another tester (and me) had no issues with settings.. Tried WiFi,bluetooth and more..
Did you do a factory reset?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
If I may ask, what is your philosophy with this ROM? Since you take all feature requests, do you intend on it branching far from the AOSP experience over time with heavy features? Or are you shooting for a simple and stable linaro optimized AOSP build? Only reason I ask is that I am extremely interested in the latter and would probably make this my daily driver :good: Either way, thanks for bringing this to us!!

::EDIT::
By the way, if you are looking for a custom kernel, might I recommend giving a shout to the maker of Bricked kernel. His kernel has linaro optimizations as well and is stable as hell.

Since Linaro usually sticks to AOSP and just optimizes,most of the users would find 0 reasons to switch over from stock to this,instead,by adding some features(not the heavily bloated ones) I want to give you more reasons to try this..
Due to the speed of this phone on stock,I really doubt I can increase in any way its speed to be really noticeable
I will check kernels tomorrow after doing something interesting to the build(hint: https://lwn.net/Articles/518718/ )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    h2z5.png

Code:
    I take no responsability if your phone crashes,burns,explodes,kills your daughter/son/pet/wife or starts a thermonuclear war, when using my ROM,I try to do my best to keep things safe,but one never knows

So,here it is
    A really close to AOSP experience with Linaro,AOSP Openmaster,CodeAuroraForum[Qualcomm guys] optimizations
    Built from Linaro KitKat sources,with their special ARM optimized toolchain,
    With load of optimizations in a wide variety of projects(and more are to come)
    Compiled with Google's Kernel for MSM(planning to switch to a custom kernel with more and more optimizations) to have a perfectly working build and very stable.
    Includes ART fixes to allow the usage of previously incompatible apps at install time,however there are some apps which require calls to dalvik specific code(e.g. Titanium Backup which will continue to not work and there's not much I can do till developers update their code)
    ROM comes without gapps(obviously),feel free to download the ones you like most.

Install instructions for EXT4:
    Reboot to recovery
    Make a backup
    Flash my rom
    Flash gapps if you want
    Reboot and enjoy
    If rom gets stuck at boot(or crashes without a reason),
    Reboot to recovery(hint: hold power button for 10 seconds and phone will reboot)
    Do a factory reset
    Reboot and enjoy

Install instructions for F2FS:
    Nothing to see here,yet.

Download:
    Beta 1.0

Nightlies:
    AndroidFileHost link

For more infos go to linaro site

I plan to build builds almost daily(Only if there are relevant changes and if I have time to build)
    I accept any feature request,both for rom and kernel(and I'm open to switch to any kernel you might want,as long as a majority requests it)

Source code
    Source code which isn't 100% linaro will be on LinaroDroid github account
    Kernel source code is in here [URL="https://github.com/LinaroDroid/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/kk4.4"]LinaroDroid kernel/lge/hammerhead

[/URL]
    Kang at will and feel free to comment submit pull requests

Scheduled features:
    F2FS - Testing stage
    Navbar customization - WIP

I am currently seeking for contributors to the project,anyone is free to commit features and port this to any other device

XDA:DevDB Information
    LinaroDroid ROM, a ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    helicopter88, xboxfanj, Linaro guys
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked device,custom recovery
    Based On: Linaro AOSP Source code,AOSP Master source code

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2013-11-21

Created 2013-11-21
    Last Updated 2014-01-05
    Nightly 8 released
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760975683
    Short changelog:
    Merged 4.4.1,4.4.2
    Merged latest aosp openmaster code
    Updated art,bionic,dalvik
    Built with GCC 4.8 optmized by linaro guys

Long changelog https://gist.github.com/helicopter88/7943802
    I will try to add a changelog app to save me from the hassle of typing it
    New build uploaded!
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407567406
    Changelog:
    Updated kernel
    Updated display,media,audio and other qualcomm related parts
    Updated art,dalvik,bionic,sepolicy contexts and policies
    I'm finally trying to merge 4.4.1 to linarodroid will maybe have something later

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Nightly 9 is here
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196224

Short changelog: Fixed camera,fixed superuser,fixed mobile signal(it works here,4.4.2 bootloader and radio,coming from stock 4.4.2,after a factory reset)
    Updates in a lot of repos

Long changelog: https://gist.github.com/helicopter88/7943802
    I will also build this rom for Flo (Nexus 7 2013)