[Q] Change Nordic 2.1 build.prop possible?

Search This thread

zanndoth

Oct 31, 2010
I'm currently running 2.1 Nordic on X10 mini pro. When my country's (SG) version 2.1 is out, is it possible to just change the build.prop in current Nordic version to SG and re-flash via SEUS?

Is there any other thing i should be aware of before i try that?

Thanx in advance.

gubshi

Oct 28, 2010
I tried for the purpose of test to flash Russian 2.1 over Nordic 2.1. It didn´t work.

****, because that's what i wanted to do when the german 2.1 is out. so, if that isn't possible, what do we do then?

edit: i read so much stuff on here the last days, what i'm going to try is de/reinstall SEUS after that, at least move or rename the /db/ folder.

Last edited:

vlissine

Jun 15, 2009
São Paulo
****, because that's what i wanted to do when the german 2.1 is out. so, if that isn't possible, what do we do then?

edit: i read so much stuff on here the last days, what i'm going to try is de/reinstall SEUS after that, at least move or rename the /db/ folder.

I stand corrected. you can´t downgrade to 1.6, but can switch to another version of 2.1 via editing build.prop

It is a good idea to reinstall seus, and delete all directories of Sony Ericssson before making any drastic changes.

zanndoth

Oct 31, 2010
I stand corrected. you can´t downgrade to 1.6, but can switch to another version of 2.1 via editing build.prop

It is a good idea to reinstall seus, and delete all directories of Sony Ericssson before making any drastic changes.

vlissine, can u list down which country version u're able to change to? Cuz i tried a few SG version but was unsuccessful.

knk1990

Aug 25, 2008
Yeh u can just delete the settings db and temp folders instead of reinstalling seus I think. Something like that anyway, don't remember the exact folders

Sent from my U20i using XDA App

zanndoth

Oct 31, 2010
For 1.6, all we need to do was change the country/product in build.prop and just update via seus. So i'm assuming the same applies to 2.1 as well, unless I'm wrong.

PS: U can't downgrade to 1.6 via SEUS but u can flash to 1.6 via flashtool.

porcupineadvocate

Aug 19, 2010
Apparently when you tell PC Companion to Repair, it will obey whatever is in build.prop regardless of the current firmware, thus allowing you to shuttle between different 2.1 firmwares.

Allegedly, anyway. I haven't test this myself.

badboybiky

Oct 31, 2010
london
i just put báck the original build.prop and my phone went into infinite boot loop ????????????/ so weird. any body can help me...