Note 3 N9005 hangs frequently !!!

Search This thread

akramnawaaz

Sep 24, 2009
I have Note 3 N9005XXUENC2... recently i have updated it to 4.4.2 usin OTA, but now after update it hangs some time. There is no fix app on which it hangs, sometimes it hangs even in opening the dialer. I have tried doing a reset from recovery and wiped the cash also but still the problem is same.
plz help....:(

I am thinking of trying official 4.4.2 firmware of some other region may be it could solve the problem
Which region should I try for it ???
can I directly flash it through odin..??? will it trip the Knox???

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
I have Note 3 N9005XXUENC2... recently i have updated it to 4.4.2 usin OTA, but now after update it hangs some time. There is no fix app on which it hangs, sometimes it hangs even in opening the dialer. I have tried doing a reset from recovery and wiped the cash also but still the problem is same.

I am thinking of trying official 4.4.2 firmware of some other region may be it could solve the problem

Search for samsung phone info in playstore to check you region or csc.
You could keep the same region as your current phone. Just download the firmware from sammobile or samsung live updates. Then flash with odin. Flashing official fw won't trip knox
Edit:
Just to be safe don't downgrade to 4.3 if you do care about knox. Also it could soft brick your phone

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York

OTA updates can sometimes cause issues with people's devices, try the Odin method.

Flashing directly via Odin can fix the issues OTA update brings.

akramnawaaz

Sep 24, 2009
I am unable to find the appropriate firmware.....in sammobile & samsung live
details of my phone are
CSC: N9005VFGENA4
PDA: N9005XXUENC2

akramnawaaz

Sep 24, 2009
OTA updates can sometimes cause issues with people's devices, try the Odin method.

Flashing directly via Odin can fix the issues OTA update brings.

I am unable to find the appropriate firmware on sammobile

details are given below
PDA N9005XXUENC
CSC N9005XXUENC2

However in Phone INFO *SAMSUNG* app
CSC info is shown as SM-N9005ZKEVOD

and under firmware info it is showing CSC as N9005VFGENA4 ...........now this is confusing me.....which region firmware should i try..?

darkshaft

Jul 21, 2013
I am unable to find the appropriate firmware.....in sammobile & samsung live
details of my phone are
CSC: N9005VFGENA4
PDA: N9005XXUENC2

plug your phone into your computer open Kies and it will tell you your phone's country then download firmware from sammobile or through Kies if they have an update for you.

akramnawaaz

Sep 24, 2009
Note 3 has the best ram & decent processor which can take anything you throw at it, shutting them off is up to you.

today i noticed a strange thing in my note 3....when i wake up and pressed the home button....in the lock screen it was showing the time 4.30AM and in the notification panel it was 9.15AM .... actual time was 9.15AM .... power saving mode was off and with no software installed...not even thw updates...

another thing is that right from the beginning and even after flashing there has been a problem like for example whatsap .... some times i dont get the messeges delvrd to my mobile as i turn on the wifi...i need to open the whatsapp to get the messeges ...nd some times it works fine
there is problem with background process not only with whatsapp but some other apps are behaving same...

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
today i noticed a strange thing in my note 3....when i wake up and pressed the home button....in the lock screen it was showing the time 4.30AM and in the notification panel it was 9.15AM .... actual time was 9.15AM .... power saving mode was off and with no software installed...not even thw updates...

another thing is that right from the beginning and even after flashing there has been a problem like for example whatsap .... some times i dont get the messeges delvrd to my mobile as i turn on the wifi...i need to open the whatsapp to get the messeges ...nd some times it works fine
there is problem with background process not only with whatsapp but some other apps are behaving same...

Do u keep wifi on during sleep? Or no?

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.