Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

fil3s

Hi. I asked this a while ago, but no one's gonna answer there so I ll ask here.

"Hi ?

I got a Nokia 5 on pie with twrp and root. My prob is the adopted storage.. I've got a trusty 64gb SanDisk Ultra and an 128gb SanDisk sdcard I would like to use as my internal storage as I've installed all needed apps leaving me just 1.28gb of internal storage.

I try to use both cards and get the following errors:

1. Slow sdcard , instert faster sdcard or use as portable storage

2. I proceed and particularly the Facebook app & messenger apps force close , also, file manager shows as empty.

Any tips on how to get a adopted setup without error? Thx ."

Edit: problem fixed. I now have 130gb free :)

Last edited:

s_m_a_s_h

Jul 23, 2011
Guys, any reason why the ';' wait function within the dial pad won't work? It'll let me set the [number '; wait' extension number], but for the last week won't dial out on any number containing a wait ';'.. Help to resolve please, I've attempted to google it but not sure I'm using the correct wording as I've found nothing yet.

---
smash'n

bump!

Darshanmodi

Nov 2, 2018
Hey guys can i change the grid size of emui quick setting tiles using adb without rooting
The native emui quick setting configuration sucks.
I'm using honor 7a aum al20

Xing-Xong

Mar 14, 2019
@SubwayChamp

Okay so i booted into fastboot mode
And after running those scripts
I can see few dots in reply and nothing else

Then i searched on internet about this .. on a discussion in hovatek forum they were saying that a person asked in Huawei website for the unlocking code but they replied that it's impossible .. and i also noticed that they were saying a chinese firmware have its bootloader unlocked .. any help now ?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
@SubwayChamp

Okay so i booted into fastboot mode
And after running those scripts
I can see few dots in reply and nothing else

Then i searched on internet about this .. on a discussion in hovatek forum they were saying that a person asked in Huawei website for the unlocking code but they replied that it's impossible .. and i also noticed that they were saying a chinese firmware have its bootloader unlocked .. any help now ?

Since a year ago Huawei did stop to provide unlock codes so no chance if your device turned lock again, the guy that mentioned that has the bootloader unlocked did it or got a code before this period.

Provide a screenshot about commands on fastboot, it couldn´t be these symbols the same consecutive responses to the three codes.

On Flashify older versions there´s an option to flash by the normal way versus the TWRP method that ever worked better for me, try it and also try with other apps like Rashr or Root essentials.

Reactions: Xing-Xong

Xing-Xong

Mar 14, 2019
Since a year ago Huawei did stop to provide unlock codes so no chance if your device turned lock again, the guy that mentioned that has the bootloader unlocked did it or got a code before this period.

Provide a screenshot about commands on fastboot, it couldn´t be these symbols the same consecutive responses to the three codes.

On Flashify older versions there´s an option to flash by the normal way versus the TWRP method that ever worked better for me, try it and also try with other apps like Rashr or Root essentials.

No he didn't got any code .. And he also didn't succeed in unlocking the boot loader ..

And i'll send the screenshot and try other apps .. Soon .. Then i'll tell you how it goes ..:fingers-crossed::p

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hey guys can i change the grid size of emui quick setting tiles using adb without rooting
I doubt it, unless you can find some kind of theming app that has the ability to do this without rooting.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: GOOGLE_USER

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
where I go, there I've been.
PERHAPS?

I doubt it, unless you can find some kind of theming app that has the ability to do this without rooting.

Along that thought, perhaps POWER SHADE application would suit your needs?
Paid version is required for the function you desire.
And be forewarned, it is NOT cheap!
However, if you click in-app purchase option then proceed to the precipice of purchase and then choose to cancel, you will most likely be offered a Google Credit of [X] amount toward the purchase.
Initially it was $2.50 credit. But now only $1.00.
Greater amount may be diminished if not utilized upon your initial visit in there.
So, be prepared to purchase the first time you check it out.
One may always request a refund that will be granted so long as you have not abused the ability.
I use the free offering and it is nice. I would expect paid version to be equally so.

Raresh T

Jul 14, 2014
Hello, is there a way to change the default app in samsung ultra power saving mode (formerly known as maximum power saving mode) ?
Galaxy-Note-9-Power-Saving-Mode-Max-Settings-2.jpg.webp

i know about UPSM Manager, i mean if i can change the settings app and the browser app to something else, like the Kiwi Browser for example.

Raketa92

Jun 25, 2018
Hi
I am looking for 7 "android head unit to 300 €, can you recommend me something ? Thank you

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
DETAILS

Hi,
is there any possibility that i can save my tablet when it is in a boot loop and i can't enter boot menu or fastboot?

There may be a possibility.
You will need to provide details about the device model, number, and options -specifications, in general.
And it would be helpful if you could describe how you have arrived at your current state of boot-looping.
Then one of the knowledgeable members here may have some experience to share with you to try and help.

Reactions: Ssssss8622

Johanno

May 14, 2019
There may be a possibility.
You will need to provide details about the device model, number, and options -specifications, in general.
And it would be helpful if you could describe how you have arrived at your current state of boot-looping.
Then one of the knowledgeable members here may have some experience to share with you to try and help.

I have an Bq Aquaris M10.
It had ubuntu touch installed and i tried to flash android on it. so i flashed via fastboot boot.img, system.img and recover.img
well and that didn't work.

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
I have an Bq Aquaris M10.
It had ubuntu touch installed and i tried to flash android on it. so i flashed via fastboot boot.img, system.img and recover.img
well and that didn't work.

Excellent, now they have something to work with and ring bells if they possess experience with this, or any similar, device.
Unfortunately, that's not me. But you are in the right place!
You may want to try a FORUM SEARCH, too. Just in case there is an active thread for your device.
Never mind, I did it for you since I was typing about it. CLICK HERE.
Still okay that you've asked here, but you might find your answers there first while you wait for a response.
Always search first.
Welcome to XDA!

Last edited:

Gheddox

May 15, 2019
So i recently bought 2 LG Stylo 4 off ebay, I saw that they used SIM cards so i assumed they were GSM phones, through research i found out that the carrier which is tracfone is cdma only. So my question is. Is there a way through software or hardware modification that I could get them to work or should I just buy 2 GSM mother boards and just replace them?:eek::eek:

Reactions: GOOGLE_USER

Isaac Zackary

May 15, 2019
First post and complete noob!

I've been searching the web for some answers and keep getting directed to XDA-Developers. So here it goes.

I'm looking to replace my Windows Phone and my frugalness tells me to buy an Android phone instead of an iPhone. The whole reason I'm looking to replace my phone is that Microsoft is ending support for it this December. But everything I read says that most Android phones get security updates for only 2 years, with the exception of Google phones that get 3. The problem is that I really don't want to have to pay for another phone just yet. But if I'm going to have to anyway, it would be nice to have a phone that lasts a while, not just a couple years. So my questions are:

Is keeping an Android Phone for 5 years or so reasonable?
Do security updates really end after only 2 years?
How important is it to keep up with having the latest Android version?
Would installing a custom ROM or OS be the way to go to keep up with the latest security updates?
Does it matter which phone I get?
How hard could it be to install a custom ROM on a phone?

Thank you in advance!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
So i recently bought 2 LG Stylo 4 off ebay, I saw that they used SIM cards so i assumed they were GSM phones, through research i found out that the carrier which is tracfone is cdma only. So my question is. Is there a way through software or hardware modification that I could get them to work or should I just buy 2 GSM mother boards and just replace them?:eek::eek:
There is a difference in hardware, not just software, if it's CDMA then you're stuck with CDMA. There is one exception, "some" CDMA devices have been known to have a GSM(Global) mode that allows them to be used on GSM network, I doubt that a TracFone device is one of them.

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
WHEW!

There is a difference in hardware, not just software, if it's CDMA then you're stuck with CDMA. There is one exception, "some" CDMA devices have been known to have a GSM(Global) mode that allows them to be used on GSM network, I doubt that a TracFone device is one of them.

Oh, thank goodness you are here!
These questions from these new members are topics that I could speak on but I lack the depth of knowledge to provide concrete answers. Furthermore, I was paralyzed by the thought of follow-up inquiries. I didn't know where everyone was!? But now, here you are. WHEW!

@Johanno, were you able to find any information amongst those threads that helped you?

@Gheddox, I have a Stylo 4,, CDMA originally via Comcast -a Verizon MVNO-, and I now am using as a GSM just as @Droidriven has described [correctly] as being one of these uncommon examples of a device possessing this capability. The question to determine is does the specific Tracphone variant maintain this capability and I'm kind of leaning towards similar doubts, as expressed by @Droidriven.
Under SETTINGS - NETWORK & INTERNET - MOBILE NETWORKS - SYSTEM SELECT you may find the ability to choose GLOBAL option. Though I'm uncertain that would guarantee operation with your prospective service provider. IF you have the GLOBAL option then, by all means, seek confirmation through that provider.
You might also Google search on GSMArena.com or similar sights for Tracphone device specific interoperability with GSM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts