Give me your opinions! - Where would YOU start with a new Note

Search This thread

crowmallet

Dec 12, 2010
Right behind you
Hi all,
I've just won a Note 10.1 LTE from Verizon (through their Verizon Smart Rewards program. Never thought I'd actually win anything but here I am :laugh:). Being the android junkie I am, XDA is the first page I went to after submitting my award claim form.

I'm definitely not new to the android community and have flashed hundreds of roms and everything in between on my original samsung epic, nooks, and my aging galaxy nexus. I'm also familiar with the great input and advice the XDA forum members have to offer.

I know I can always just start at a basic root and work my way up from there, experimenting with different roms and kernels to see what fits my liking, and I certainly plan on doing so. But I thought it'd be fun to hear what some of you would do if a brand new one of these tablets plopped down in your lap. What would be your first steps and rom of choice? What have been your favorite combinations? Any must have apps in your opinion?

Thanks for anyone's input, and looking forward to spending plenty of time on these boards with you! :D

EDIT: From what I understand I'll be receiving the 2012 model and not the newer one (can't really complain, being free and all)

Last edited:

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
S - Pen features

Hi all,
I've just won a Note 10.1 LTE from Verizon (through their Verizon Smart Rewards program. Never thought I'd actually win anything but here I am :laugh:). Being the android junkie I am, XDA is the first page I went to after submitting my award claim form.

I'm definitely not new to the android community and have flashed hundreds of roms and everything in between on my original samsung epic, nooks, and my aging galaxy nexus. I'm also familiar with the great input and advice the XDA forum members have to offer.

I know I can always just start at a basic root and work my way up from there, experimenting with different roms and kernels to see what fits my liking, and I certainly plan on doing so. But I thought it'd be fun to hear what some of you would do if a brand new one of these tablets plopped down in your lap. What would be your first steps and rom of choice? What have been your favorite combinations? Any must have apps in your opinion?

Thanks for anyone's input, and looking forward to spending plenty of time on these boards with you! :D

EDIT: From what I understand I'll be receiving the 2012 model and not the newer one (can't really complain, being free and all)

My note is totally stock other then root . I think its a very capable device and you must use a touch whiz based rom or you loose the s-pen features of s- note and so on.Not to mention the Multi window and clip board features. The very Reason we bought the Note to begin with.
So I say Leave it alone and use it as its meant to be.
Get a nexus device to Tinker with.
I have the bluish back 10.1 with 32 gb storage... The note 10.1 is By Far above and Beyond the Most Productive android Device Ever

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
Hi all,

Hi & Welcome to our great community :D

What I did when I get my GT-N8000 1 yr ago was:
  1. Rooting
  2. Flashing custom recovery
  3. Flashing ARHD ROM
  4. Flashing custom kernel

I chose ARHD because I want to retain all S-Pen + Multiwindow capabilities without a glitch as ARHD is a close to stock & one of the most stable ROM.

fuadda

Sep 29, 2013
rooting go first in my list, after that delete all bloatware.. and costum kernel, if there're some good costum rom, install them too. :D