[Q] Screen replacement - volume flex cable. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search This thread

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi,

I just attempted to repalce the screen of my E975. I bought a complete replacement assembly with housing, to make things easier for myself.

However, on the original phone there is a little metal plate where the volume flex cable connects to the motherboard. On the repalcement part, there is no such thing(see pics). I took the volume flex cable and moved it to the new screen assembly and put a piece of doublesided mobile tape on the replacement part, to make it hold and elevate the connector to the same hight as with the metal plate. But now my volume buttons arent working anymore?

Has anybody had some similar problems or could someone help me out how to get my volume buttons to work with this new screen???

I looked everywhere, and all the complete screen assemblies you can buy for the e975, look just like the one i got. So there are none that have that metal plate?

Attachments

• CAM00036.jpg
    CAM00036.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 354
  • CAM00037.jpg
    CAM00037.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 392

cherini@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2012
I have the same problem! I thought I broke the flex, so I bought a replacement, but it doesn't work either. ¿Did you resolve it in anyway?

joraloma

Aug 19, 2013
Hi ! I broke the lcd on november haha, I ordered a new assembly lcd. Please ask me your problem, I dont understand that hehe. I think I could help you ! Haha

PD: Works volumen buttoms ! ;)

Please give a better pictures :)

hardcorekb

Nov 9, 2011
Hi,

I just attempted to repalce the screen of my E975. I bought a complete replacement assembly with housing, to make things easier for myself.

However, on the original phone there is a little metal plate where the volume flex cable connects to the motherboard. On the repalcement part, there is no such thing(see pics). I took the volume flex cable and moved it to the new screen assembly and put a piece of doublesided mobile tape on the replacement part, to make it hold and elevate the connector to the same hight as with the metal plate. But now my volume buttons arent working anymore?

Has anybody had some similar problems or could someone help me out how to get my volume buttons to work with this new screen???

I looked everywhere, and all the complete screen assemblies you can buy for the e975, look just like the one i got. So there are none that have that metal plate?

Hi. I've got the same problem as you. How did you manage to solve it ?

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi. I've got the same problem as you. How did you manage to solve it ?

The little metal plate is supposed to sit on the flex volume cable. Turned out i had separated it from the volume flex cable when disassembling the phone.... I bought a cheap replacement volume cable and that did the trick

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app