[Q] Moving to AOKP

Search This thread

fairplay89

Jan 4, 2012
I'm currently rooted, but running stock ICS.

How do I get to AOKP without loosing my apps and their data safely?

I'm fairly comfortable with ROMs/rooting on my Droid phones. Just a little nervous with my spendy tablet.

Thanks guys.:)

fairplay89

Jan 4, 2012
Thank you! XDA doesn't have the latest version? Wha?

Man I am soooo nervous to unlock.

Also I guess my next question is with AOKP updates. How do I apply those without wiping cache/data and all that every time like on my Droid?

Last edited:

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area

Also I guess my next question is with AOKP updates. How do I apply those without wiping cache/data and all that every time like on my Droid?

Sorry, I would speak my mind about moderators around here, but I'd probably be banned for free speech.

It's easier to bash the President than it is to say anything negative about an XDA moderator.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Reactions: Epedemic

fairplay89

Jan 4, 2012
Sorry, I would speak my mind about moderators around here, but I'd probably be banned for free speech.

It's easier to bash the President than it is to say anything negative about an XDA moderator.

Glad to see freedom of speech is still alive and kicking. Hehe. Not the only forum with that problem.

And I wasn't trying to be negative. I thought that XDA was THEE place to go for Android stuff. Am I wrong? Where would I locate the newer version? AOKP.co? Just don't wanna download from Uncle Jimmy's used Android ROMs or anything.

Thanks. :)

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area
Glad to see freedom of speech is still alive and kicking. Hehe. Not the only forum with that problem.

And I wasn't trying to be negative. I thought that XDA was THEE place to go for Android stuff. Am I wrong? Where would I locate the newer version? AOKP.co? Just don't wanna download from Uncle Jimmy's used Android ROMs or anything.

I concur with you completely. I thought XDA was THE place to be. Apparently, there are other discos in town and there is a lot of fighting in between them.

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
all I ever do when trying a new rom, is back up with Titanium Back up and also with Clockwork.
I install the new rom and see if its working fine. Then reinstall my apps and I am good. If all else fails, i restore to a back up on Clockwork

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011

Yeah maybe its not a bad idea, it could be called 'Free Speech XDA Developers & Forums'

Sorry was hazying away from Topic while thinking about the freedom of speech thing.

But too many good devs and good people with great ideas get kicked out because many mods do not know how to not involve their personal feelings in their jobs as mods.

Last edited:

fairplay89

Jan 4, 2012
Of course I am ok with it. Those are the rules I agreed to. Do I think the mods are fair? It depends on the situation.

But simply put this is not a public board. It is a private board that the public at large may view and join as they wish. Grow up.

Grow up? I try to exercise my rights and you tell me to grow up? Maybe you should take a quick look at yourself before you judge others. ;)

I found Build 34 of AOKP and I think I am gonna go with that version. I also successfully got a backup made it Titanium so I think I am good to go. :)

Grow up? I try to exercise my rights and you tell me to grow up? Maybe you should take a quick look at yourself before you judge others. ;)

You are still having an issue understanding this.
You have no rights on this message board. This board is not in any way run by a government body and as such does not have to respect your rights.

If you want to test my assertion I suggest you try breaking a few of the rules and see what happens.

If you wish to go somewhere with no censoring may I suggest 4chan?

Congrats on finding what you were looking for.

SOTK

Oct 11, 2010
Pacific Northwest
You are still having an issue understanding this.
You have no rights on this message board. This board is not in any way run by a government body and as such does not have to respect your rights.

If you want to test my assertion I suggest you try breaking a few of the rules and see what happens.

If you wish to go somewhere with no censoring may I suggest 4chan?

Congrats on finding what you were looking for.

All of what you said is the reality but it doesn't make it right either. This is why my involvement here is limited. There are certainly other places to have community, a little more "free speech", and get Roms.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Spartan301

Jan 10, 2012
Tampa
Of course I am ok with it. Those are the rules I agreed to. Do I think the mods are fair? It depends on the situation.

But simply put this is not a public board. It is a private board that the public at large may view and join as they wish. Grow up.

I agree. It's just so bad for business, when you kick one of the most popular and one of the few devs for this device. I'm refreshing the competitors website more now then xda because my dev isn't here. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

fairplay89

Jan 4, 2012
It's this way on tons of forums out there. Someone becomes an admin, they think they rule the world and then it gets to their heads. Find a welcoming forum, and stick with it!

If you want to ban me for saying that. Go for it, I won't be stopping by here too often anymore anyways, just like many others. Just solidifies my views and quite honestly makes the XDA community look bad.

However I did find what I was looking for at a different site and the users there were very helpful and I was able to successfully get to AOKP, and they even helped me troubleshoot some other issues with CWM.

So I am sorry XDA, I've loved you for a long time, but there are much more welcoming places out there for Android Development. :(

And thank you for the users that did actually try to help me get to AOKP on XDA. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Titanium backup. Oh and if you want AOKP, you might want to check another site for the latest version.