[APP] XBMC remote modified for Gtab

Search This thread

WickedStyx

Jun 18, 2010
EDIT: Official version on the market has been updated to support tablets.

I modified the official XBMC remote app so it scales properly on the Gtab. You now get a huge ass 10" remote control :)

beta 1.1:
- Fixed force close when Official XBMC Remote app not installed. You need to uninstall the old version sorry.

beta 1:
- Remote control scales to full screen in portait and landscape.
- Status bar displayed when using remote control (so you can use soft back, menu, home buttons).
- Playback controls on "Now Playing" view scales to screen width.

Todo:
- Gesture remote full screen
- Layout fixes for Library view
- Landscape view for library, now playing, etc

Credits to Team XBMC for the original app.

Disclaimer: This app will probably cause your device to explode so don't use it.

Last edited:

shredness

Nov 23, 2010
I installed it, replacing the official xbmc App. It fired up and connected to our xbmc hosts. Wife walked by, saw the scaled out remote control buttons and laughed.

Cool beans and thanks.

Avenger069

Apr 11, 2010
Follow up:

I started with a clean VEGAn ROM.

Installed your XBMC remote and was getting the forced close after trying to run the app. I then installed the official app from the market and the forced close for your app went away. I then uninstalled the official app and the forced close for your app returned.

shredness: Do you have both apps installed (official plus this one)?

WickedStyx

Jun 18, 2010
I did change the app at the last minute so it wouldn't replace the official app. Must have missed something. I'll fix when I get a chance.

EDIT:
This is fixed. You need to uninstall the old version of my app first sorry.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WickedStyx

Jun 18, 2010
I installed it, replacing the official xbmc App. It fired up and connected to our xbmc hosts. Wife walked by, saw the scaled out remote control buttons and laughed.

Cool beans and thanks.

Haha the remote could do with a redesign for our screens. Suggestions welcome :)

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rramoutar

Dec 8, 2010
Used Your mod on Dell Streak

Happened to be playing around with the official XBMC Remote app and it worked, except it wasn't scaling properly. I came across your mod decided to give a go and it works at least as well as the official app. Everything is scaled a lot better. About the only issues I observed on the Streak is the movie posters does not fix that very large dvd frame and the slider to filter movies...actors...files...whatever, looks a little cramped.

Thanks guys...will be following this closely.

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
I modified the official XBMC remote app so it scales properly on the Gtab. You now get a huge ass 10" remote control :)

beta 1.1:
- Fixed force close when Official XBMC Remote app not installed. You need to uninstall the old version sorry.

beta 1:
- Status bar displayed when using remote control (so you can use soft back, menu, home buttons).

Todo:

Disclaimer: This app will probably cause your device to explode so don't use it.

Would you please look into doing this for Nook Color?

freezy3k

May 31, 2010

beta 1.1:

beta 1:

Todo:

Looks good!

Any way you could share the code so I can make it go upstream? A diff would be most appreciated. And BTW at forum.xbmc.org there is a board for the remote, so you'll probably reach more people looking for issues concerning the remote there.

Cheers,

-freezy.

WickedStyx

Jun 18, 2010
Looks good!

Any way you could share the code so I can make it go upstream? A diff would be most appreciated. And BTW at forum.xbmc.org there is a board for the remote, so you'll probably reach more people looking for issues concerning the remote there.

Cheers,

-freezy.

PM'd you the changes.

freezy3k

May 31, 2010
Committed in r717*. At least the remote screen. Now playing and others will be done soon.

code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote/source/detail?r=717

Reactions: WickedStyx

freezy3k

May 31, 2010
However once I can I'll post the link to a build. Would be great if you guys could test it and if it crashes, post a log.

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Official version on the market has been updated to support tablets.

beta 1.1:

beta 1:

Todo:

I installed this but when I try running the app I get a forced close.
    Committed in r717*. At least the remote screen. Now playing and others will be done soon.

code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote/source/detail?r=717
    Alright. I'll probably render a hires version of the remote and pack it into a new app specially for tablets.

Got a PM from xboxexpert saying that it's working well on Nook Color 7" :)
    Yeah so some quick update, gesture mode should be fixed too in current SVN. After "now playing" I'll probably push out a new market version.