[SSPL & USPL] Flash any ROM to your Pharos

Search This thread

poldo964

May 25, 2008
Hi guys,

Good work.
Error here :(
"ERROR [270] : UPDATE ERROR The image file is corrupted. Please check your Update Utility"
Any ideia?

same here... all seems ok, i can enter in the bootloader following your instructions but when i try to flash at the 2% get this error:mad:
I've tried with HARD-SPL patch and with new WM6.1 ROM provided by Tom... same result :confused:

suracha

Oct 18, 2007
Bangkok
Instructions

Hi guys,

Here is my recommendation for unlocking your Pharos;

1. Set Button 3 (Camera) to <None>.
  2. After run the JumpSPL.exe and get the file list, press Camera first; then press Power. This is little difficult, if you pressed Power too long; you device may be turn off.
  3. Tab the Pharos_JumpSPL.nb file, it must be tabbed while Camera & Power button are pressed.
After above, you should get grey background screen.
You can flash the HardSPL at this point.

If the flash success, you will get SPL 1.11Mobiz instead of original SPL 1.11.0001. This means the device is already unlocked.

It does work for me and I already flash Tom's WM6.1 ROM.

poldo964

May 25, 2008
Hi guys,

Here is my recommendation for unlocking your Pharos;

1. Set Button 3 (Camera) to <None>.
  2. After run the JumpSPL.exe and get the file list, press Camera first; then press Power. This is little difficult, if you pressed Power too long; you device may be turn off.
  3. Tab the Pharos_JumpSPL.nb file, it must be tabbed while Camera & Power button are pressed.
After above, you should get grey background screen.
You can flash the HardSPL at this point.

If the flash success, you will get SPL 1.11Mobiz instead of original SPL 1.11.0001. This means the device is already unlocked.

It does work for me and I already flash Tom's WM6.1 ROM.

its exactly what i've done about 10 times... and once again before this reply :)

but nothing, dont works :(:(

poldo964

May 25, 2008
to suracha:

same here... all seems ok, i can enter in the bootloader following your instructions but when i try to flash at the 2% get this error:mad:
I've tried with HARD-SPL patch and with new WM6.1 ROM provided by Tom... same result :confused:

yes.. infact my first intention was to flash ROM not HardSPL..
i think that i will wait for other replies in this thread and see if its my own prob or not

tnx suracha

Last edited:

galtony

Mar 5, 2007
I have tried it 10x, my pharos just hangs and only a reset get's it going again.
:mad: any more ideas anyone?

After try 11 it worked....

Last edited:

suracha

Oct 18, 2007
Bangkok
Official ROM

Guys,

If it didn't work for you, it is possible that the ROM comes with your device is different from me.

If you could provide me a URL to your official ROM (such Dutch, French, etc …) I believe that we can work it out.

We just need to see your original ROM so we can figure out what we should modify.

ahuenna

May 19, 2008
Saint-Petersburg
Guys,

If it didn't work for you, it is possible that the ROM comes with your device is different from me.

If you could provide me a URL to your official ROM (such Dutch, French, etc …) I believe that we can work it out.

We just need to see your original ROM so we can figure out what we should modify.
On my Pharos it doesn't work too.. tried many times :( I have russian ROM, link is available here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=394682

Last edited:

artoner974

Oct 10, 2007
Paris
my phone stucks at bootscreen

ipl 1.11.0000
spl 1.11.0001
i've a french orange rom and i tried to flash it with da PHAROS_WM6.1_V01_TOM and it stucks at "smart mobility" , i tried hard reset too, but, nothing...

any ideas?????????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a SSPL for use with esteve & pof's JumpSPL along with the HardSPL. It enables you to flash any ROM to your Pharos.

If you wanted to permanently unlock your device, the HardSPL was also available.

JumpSPL & HardSPL Instructions:
    1. Transfer the extracted files (JumpSPL.exe & Pharos_JumpSPL.nb) to your device and execute.
    2. Use 0x10000000 as Jump Address.
    3. After getting the Open File Dialog, press [Camera] & [Power] like you are going to enter Boot Loader, then tab on the Pharos_JumpSPL.nb file (Pharos_JumpSPL.nb).

You will get the grey background screen, you can flash any ROM to your device at this point.

In some case, you may need to unplug and then plug the USB cable again.
    4. If you wanted to permanently unlock your device, why not, simply flash it with the HardSPL once and you are done.

After HardSPL, you will notice your SPL version change when boot;

From SPL 1.11.0001
      To SPL 1.11Mobiz

Recommended:
    • To make it easier, I recommend changing Button 3 (Camera) to <None> or the Camera may disturb you.

Download: Pharos_JumpSPL Rapid Share (165KB)
    Download: Pharos_HardSPL 1.11 Rapid Share (672KB)

Thank you to esteve & pof for the JumpSPL.
    Thank you to Mr. Ru Chonburi who create the Pharos_JumpSPL.nb.

I am just the tester and author of this article, all work was done by Mr. Ru Chonburi of PDA Mobiz (http://www.pdamobiz.com).

Enjoy flashing ...