[GUIDE] How to Fix Rolling CWM Recovery P7510 WIFI & 3g p7500 (24\06\12)

Search This thread

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton
isimobile along with pershoot has found a faster and better way of fixing this!:good:

I suggest you use isimobile's method found " HERE !!"
Don't forget to thank him!!! or we'll fallow you home and poop in your driveway!

If for some reason that does not work try my method!

Sorry Mods I wasn't sure which forum I should put this in please move if incorrect!

A little history before I continue!

I recently decided to Root my TELUS GT-P7510/16GB/WIFI so I went to the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android Development Forum and fallowed S0ckM0nk3y's [ACSyndicate] [How-To] Root/Unroot The SGT 10.1 GT-P7510 USA Retail WiFi Only
Everything was going fine until I was to put it into Recovery Mode (At this point Its CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7) to Flash Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip, but as soon as it booted into Recovery the screen was scrolling as shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhGm6kq_4dg&feature=player_embedded by castiel19.
There is nothing you can do to correct this except fallow my Guide (OR) download and install the only CWM Recovery that works for us with this problem which is ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar
... I have tried all of them and this is the only one that works....For me anyways!

I was not satisfied with this as I Purchased ROM Manager and it shows that the latest update for my device is V4.0.0.4, so I decided to try all I could to find a solution and I did.... By accident!

Before You continue, Please back up all your personal stuff to your PC or any other media but do not leave anything you can not loose on the TAB it will be gone if you continue!

Meat, Potatoes and Gravy!

Follow S0ckM0nk3y's Guide HERE you want to follow the Unroot part!

Click on the very first Blue DOWNLOAD link in his guide which will open another forum with a similar layout and click the first Blue DOWNLOAD link at the top of that guide save it to your desktop. The file is called sgt10.1_root_unroot.zip and it is 381MB. Once downloaded, extract to a new folder on your desktop, now open that new folder on your desktop and extract the ODIN3_v1.85.zip!

Put your Tab 10.1 into Download Mode by using S0ckM0nk3y's guide.
Open Odin3_v1.85.exe that is in the folder that you extracted the two downloads too on the desktop.
Click the PDA button and choose P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar.md5.
Plug the USB into your PC
Plug the other end into the Tab
In the Odin Software on your PC the box below ID:COM should be yellow with stuff in it click the start button it will take a few minutes. 1min 59sec for me. once finished the Tab will reboot and do some stuff then it will reboot again to the OS.

Your Unrooted with an to up to date stock ROM!

This is optional but recommended! Power off your device now, and then put it in Recovery Mode.
Once Android System Recovery comes up click "wipe data/factory reset" then click "wipe cache partition" then click "reboot system".

Now Root using HERE and install any of the appropriate CWM Recovery versions without having the rolling screens!

I will clean this up later it is 2am and I have to Tow a car 800km tomorrow! There are fellow members that need this so it was rushed sorry!

I would like feedback on this as to wether it works or not for you!

I had my wife follow this guide with her Tab that was doing the same thing and it worked for her first time, but i'm more worried that my wording might not be understood by some and if that is the case it may not work for you and i would like to help you understand!

Update: 1

I can not confirm this but thanks to "isimobile and vladin79" it also works on 3g P7500 version!

Update: 2

P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar.md5 is now included in S0ckM0nk3y's Package! Upated this guide to reflect that change.

Update: 3

After you fallow this Guide and all goes well but then you notice that when your screen goes to sleep then you wake it up and it is scrambled in the center of the screen and the only way you can stop it is to reboot, follow this Guide! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1680738

Major Update: 4 Major Thanks To "isimobile"

Please Read his post Here I am going to test it and will post back!

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button over there! -------------------------------->

Last edited:

ddup1

Dec 29, 2010
Hi

I have same behaviour with the recovery, i fond the overcome recovery who works fine.

But if i install a rom i get same behaviour as recovery during boot. The only way to get endless scroll off is to lock and unlock the screen

Does your process remove endless scroll off curtom rom too?

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton
Yes you should be able to install any CWM without the screen rolling, I'm thinking that there is something about the stock software that came on our particular Tabs that is trying to stop us from replacing Stock Recovery!

I flashed every CWM version mentioned in the Tab 10.1 WIFI forum and the only one that did not roll in Recovery was v5.5.0.4 and if I flash another CWM with the working one installed I would boot up to a rolling CWM Recovery until I reflash the v5.5.0.4.

This is the stock info that was causing CWM to screen roll!

SKU: GTP7510UWR
SW-VER: VLKL2
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3se.infra@SEP-77 #1
Build Number: HTJ85B.VLKL2 P7510VLKL2

Last edited:

Azertouf

Aug 9, 2009
Did anyone tests this method ?

I don't have enought time during this week, but I'll try this week end.
I'm interessed to know if you succeed to install roms (and not recovery) without flickering.

Thanks

Neums

Aug 2, 2008
n3ums.blogspot.fr
Omg, u rocks :D

I will test this method this evening (since the time I was looking for)... I hope it works !!

In facts, I think this issue is due to the version of stock (EUKL1 when I bought my GT... then passed to KL2 but same issue).
But, with Task ROM #14 and stock Kernel KMP I have no problem. Once I install Pershoot's Kernel, I have the rolling boot screen (same as CWM) => Turn off / turn on the Unlock screen and is ok.

Have you tried to install Pershoot's Kernel after your handling ?

Last edited:
Reactions: bugs9477

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton
Omg, u rocks :D

I will test this method this evening (since the time I was looking for)... I hope it works !!

In facts, I think this issue is due to the version of stock (EUKL1 when I bought my GT... then passed to KL2 but same issue).
But, with Task ROM #14 and stock Kernel KMP I have no problem. Once I install Pershoot's Kernel, I have the rolling boot screen (same as CWM) => Turn off / turn on the Unlock screen and is ok.

Have you tried to install Pershoot's Kernel after your handling ?

I currently am trying the CWM Recovery from pershoot's thread HERE Works a treat! Thanks Pershoot " not sure if it's CWM but Superuser cannot see a network connection to get updated Binaries it just says fail, going to Unroot and start over and see if it is something I missed!<------NEVER MIND THIS! "

Edit

It seems Gmail doesn't like something either, I click on it and it opens and closes repeatedly about 15 times can’t see my Gmail! Time to wipe!<------NEVER MIND THIS!

Last edited:

Neums

Aug 2, 2008
n3ums.blogspot.fr
Hey, dude, it works perfectly !

I can install Pershoot's CWM, Pershoot's Kernel and all others ICS Roms without any freacking rolling screen !!

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Did anyone tests this method ?

I don't have enought time during this week, but I'll try this week end.
I'm interessed to know if you succeed to install roms (and not recovery) without flickering.

Thanks

Try to install AOKP Build 28, it works perfectly !

Azertouf

Aug 9, 2009
Perfect, that works !!
I'm now on CWM 5.0.2.7 and AOKP Build 28 and no more screen flickering.

PERFECTS, thank's a lot !

ray2jerry

Dec 11, 2010
This post also very much helped me... so thanks again good sir! :D

You mentioned you got yours from Telus, I got my 32GB WIFI version from Futureshop, so maybe it's a Canadian version thing?

rAy

PS: I was also very disappointed to find that it has a white back when all of the googled pics of it had a black one... and the fact that it is white is not shown on the Futureshop website, nor shown or written anywhere on the box is baffling! It was almost a deal-breaker as I do NOT endorse white gadgets, but I'll give it a chance first haha.

vladin79

Oct 23, 2011
Varna
I have P7500 model, which is 3G version. I decided to root it and installed several CWM recoveries, but all of them caused a scrolling screen when booted in recovery. Then I came to your guide and installed the ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar from your first post. It worked like a charm and the screen was steady as a rock. No more scrolling. Then I used it and rooted my tab.

Thank you so much for your efforts!

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion
I have P7500 model, which is 3G version. I decided to root it and installed several CWM recoveries, but all of them caused a scrolling screen when booted in recovery. Then I came to your guide and installed the ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar from your first post. It worked like a charm and the screen was steady as a rock. No more scrolling. Then I used it and rooted my tab.

I can confirm, also did it on a 3g(P7500) version, it worked. Thanks!

[Edit1] If you flash ICS, screen also scrolls. :(

[Edit2] Flashed the 7510 ROM mentioned in first post on the 7500. It worked. So I could flash then latest recovery from Pershoot. :D Flashed ICS, no Scrolling in ROM.

OP maybe you can edit first post to say it also works on the 7500?

Last edited:

hylde

Feb 13, 2010
Auckland
Wow!!!! It DOES work!!!! After days of researching.

I bumped to your thread before but it wasn't make sense, why the hell should the stock ROM interfere with the process lol?
But it makes sense now, like S-OFF concept on the phone, NA stock is "s-off" while my stock (NZ) is not!

Thanks again man! CM9 + latest pershoot kernel now, all smooth no flickering :)

marjoejoejoe

Apr 5, 2011
Taipei
i've used your guide, thanks it works...the only problem i get now, is screen on/off (screen doesn't switch on after a screen lock or sleep..i can hear email notifications when i send it a mail)

this happens only after i flash Task 14..doesnt happen on the stock ROM for unrooting

so, i used your guide but instead, used Asian firmware to flash stock rom..however CWM screen flicker is back, and the only way for me to flash Task is to use Overcome CWM

I will maybe try your method again and flash ICS (just to test since i really need the camera)

I'm now really thinking there is something in the Asian Tabs that is doing this...

hylde

Feb 13, 2010
Auckland
i've used your guide, thanks it works...the only problem i get now, is screen on/off (screen doesn't switch on after a screen lock or sleep..i can hear email notifications when i send it a mail)

this happens only after i flash Task 14..doesnt happen on the stock ROM for unrooting

so, i used your guide but instead, used Asian firmware to flash stock rom..however CWM screen flicker is back, and the only way for me to flash Task is to use Overcome CWM

I will maybe try your method again and flash ICS (just to test since i really need the camera)

I'm now really thinking there is something in the Asian Tabs that is doing this...

Just the Asian stock, it might have other settings which prevents custom kernels and CWM from being fully functional. I have an Asian Tab but stocked it with American :) How you say, ummm Asian skin American flesh lol

marjoejoejoe

Apr 5, 2011
Taipei
Just the Asian stock, it might have other settings which prevents custom kernels and CWM from being fully functional. I have an Asian Tab but stocked it with American :) How you say, ummm Asian skin American flesh lol

finally another one with an asian tab..

did you get the screen off/on problem after flashing task 14?

i want to try out ICS since this method (Stocking with US firmware) removes screen rolling of CWM and successfully applies the necessary CWM for pershoots ICS...have you already flashed ICS in yours?

but then, its May and official ICS might be rolling out soon (i hope)

** which US firmware did you flash? im lookin to try that out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    isimobile along with pershoot has found a faster and better way of fixing this!:good:

I suggest you use isimobile's method found " HERE !!"
    Don't forget to thank him!!! or we'll fallow you home and poop in your driveway!

If for some reason that does not work try my method!

Sorry Mods I wasn't sure which forum I should put this in please move if incorrect!

A little history before I continue!

I recently decided to Root my TELUS GT-P7510/16GB/WIFI so I went to the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android Development Forum and fallowed S0ckM0nk3y's [ACSyndicate] [How-To] Root/Unroot The SGT 10.1 GT-P7510 USA Retail WiFi Only
    Everything was going fine until I was to put it into Recovery Mode (At this point Its CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7) to Flash Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip, but as soon as it booted into Recovery the screen was scrolling as shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhGm6kq_4dg&feature=player_embedded by castiel19.
    There is nothing you can do to correct this except fallow my Guide (OR) download and install the only CWM Recovery that works for us with this problem which is ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar
    ... I have tried all of them and this is the only one that works....For me anyways!

I was not satisfied with this as I Purchased ROM Manager and it shows that the latest update for my device is V4.0.0.4, so I decided to try all I could to find a solution and I did.... By accident!

Before You continue, Please back up all your personal stuff to your PC or any other media but do not leave anything you can not loose on the TAB it will be gone if you continue!

Meat, Potatoes and Gravy!

Follow S0ckM0nk3y's Guide HERE you want to follow the Unroot part!

Click on the very first Blue DOWNLOAD link in his guide which will open another forum with a similar layout and click the first Blue DOWNLOAD link at the top of that guide save it to your desktop. The file is called sgt10.1_root_unroot.zip and it is 381MB. Once downloaded, extract to a new folder on your desktop, now open that new folder on your desktop and extract the ODIN3_v1.85.zip!

Put your Tab 10.1 into Download Mode by using S0ckM0nk3y's guide.
    Open Odin3_v1.85.exe that is in the folder that you extracted the two downloads too on the desktop.
    Click the PDA button and choose P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar.md5.
    Plug the USB into your PC
    Plug the other end into the Tab
    In the Odin Software on your PC the box below ID:COM should be yellow with stuff in it click the start button it will take a few minutes. 1min 59sec for me. once finished the Tab will reboot and do some stuff then it will reboot again to the OS.

Your Unrooted with an to up to date stock ROM!

This is optional but recommended! Power off your device now, and then put it in Recovery Mode.
    Once Android System Recovery comes up click "wipe data/factory reset" then click "wipe cache partition" then click "reboot system".

Now Root using HERE and install any of the appropriate CWM Recovery versions without having the rolling screens!

I will clean this up later it is 2am and I have to Tow a car 800km tomorrow! There are fellow members that need this so it was rushed sorry!

I would like feedback on this as to wether it works or not for you!

I had my wife follow this guide with her Tab that was doing the same thing and it worked for her first time, but i'm more worried that my wording might not be understood by some and if that is the case it may not work for you and i would like to help you understand!

Update: 1

I can not confirm this but thanks to "isimobile and vladin79" it also works on 3g P7500 version!

Update: 2

P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar.md5 is now included in S0ckM0nk3y's Package! Upated this guide to reflect that change.

Update: 3

After you fallow this Guide and all goes well but then you notice that when your screen goes to sleep then you wake it up and it is scrambled in the center of the screen and the only way you can stop it is to reboot, follow this Guide! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1680738

Major Update: 4 Major Thanks To "isimobile"

Please Read his post Here I am going to test it and will post back!

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button over there! -------------------------------->
    Hi Guys,

I had the same issue, so I used this method to run ICS, thanks bugs9477!

I then had some issues and I then reloaded 3.2 HC, then when I tried to go back to ICS, the rolling recovery was back. So with pershoot's help I got it working again in a shorter method by just flashing the bootloader.bin in odin not the complete ROM. See Below.

This will work for first time users as well.

odin.jpg

Installation instructions:
    • Download bootloader.
    • Start Odin 1.85
    • Select BOOTLOADER and choose downloaded file
    • Put tab in download mode (press power+ vol down, vol up to select download mode)
    • Connect tab to PC with USB cable
    • Press Start.
    • Tab should restart itself.
    • done.

You can download the file from here

Hope this helps out.

OP maybe update the first post with the instructions if you do not mind?
    Hi Guys,

It should work now! I was just a dumb @ss sorry :eek:

The md5 should now match and it should work.
    A while ago in pershoot's thread he posted a link to a US ICS bootloader variant and a version of CWM that worked with it. Later, he pulled the recovery because using it was causing problems. However, it doesn't roll, and installing that bootloader causes the ROM not to roll. Knowing that this recovery DID not roll with the pershoot bootloader, which is still fine and available in his CM9 p4wifi folder, I used that recovery to flash a different non-rolling recovery.

I am using TWRP now which doesn't roll (2.2.2.0 for P7510) so what I did was this (for US ICS base...the bootloader may not work if you're not using the US stock rom):

1) Download the latest TWRP flashable zip for your device and make sure it's on the root of your tablet
    2) Flash the pershoot bootloader variant with Odin
    3) Reboot to download, flash the (broken but doesn't roll, I think CWM non-touch 6.0.1.1) recovery with Odin
    4) Reboot to new recovery. DO NOT TAKE A BACKUP as something is wrong with the recovery.
    5) Flash your zip to root. Do NOT exit recovery. Then, immediately after, flash the TWRP recovery zip.
    6) Reboot.

You should be good from there with non-rolling ROM and non-rolling TWRP 2.2.2.0 recovery.

The only down side to this method is that you can't take a Nandroid backup of your unrooted rom. That didn't really matter to me though, if I wanted to go back to unrooted I'd simply flash the stock firmware.

Please don't yell at me if this doesn't work for you - it worked for me on the US ICS (LPL) base and you should have some idea of what you're doing before you undertake this even though it isn't really complicated. You can find the TWRP flashable zip in the Dev forum easily, and the bootloader in pershoot's CM9 folder (droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/). You may have to dig a bit to find the recovery though...I think pershoot said the recovery in his CM10 folder works. Check his thread/posts (his kernel thread) to be sure

EDIT: Come to think of it...I suppose you could probably just Odin the newest TWRP with that bootloader. LOL