Unresponsive touch screen :(

Search This thread

rangers

Jul 22, 2010
OnePlus 6
The top part of my phone does not respond to touch anymore... it is impossible to bring down the notification bar... and once in a while the whole screen goes unresponsive.. tried factory reset but still the same problem..

ala1574

Aug 26, 2011
am having the same problem since 2 days back

after reading some of the posts i found that the Digitizer For HTC G6 Legend A6363 should be replaced with new one i ordered mine from ebay

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5039.m570.l1313&_nkw=Digitizer+For+HTC+G6+Legend+A6363&_sacat=See-All-Categories

waiting for the item to be delivered

nnssxx

Oct 12, 2010
I've also got a touchscreen issue: the area of the notification power widgets is unresponsive... the rest of the screen works fine, but I don't know for how long :/

nnssxx

Oct 12, 2010
I didn't know there was such thing as widgetlocker. I use CM7 latest nightly, never seen that thing.

ashras

Aug 26, 2011
I also facing this problem from last 2 weeks and i also think this is digitizer problem. If anyone else found the solution else changing the digitizer, then please post.

This is beautiful phone but htc added a poor quality things in it, due to which many users facing such problems.

Last edited:

nnssxx

Oct 12, 2010
well that's a shame, gotta buy a new digitizer on ebay after just over 1 year of use...

Asovse1

Oct 4, 2010
Edmonton
Depends on your carrier if you want suggestions for an upgrade.

...but that would drive the post off-topic.

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

ebaak

Sep 18, 2009
Beirut
I have the same problem. my screen doesnt work anymore because some water got in from the grill above the screen :S

should I try to take apart and dry off or shall I buy a new digitizer directly?

hulle

Oct 24, 2009
I think it may be a good idea to try disconnecting your digitizer and reconnect it as it just might be helping. I did it on my girlfriends legend and it has been working perfectly ever since. Maybe a good idea to at least try that before buying a new one. So i guess it could be in the connector to? At least this worked for me.

Earayil

Aug 5, 2011
Dubai
My touch screen dosent work at times. but after rebooting the phone the problem becomes solved. But the problem comes again after a week or so. Any suggestions guys??

Tanayar

Nov 17, 2010
My touch screen dosent work at times. but after rebooting the phone the problem becomes solved. But the problem comes again after a week or so. Any suggestions guys??

I also have this problem, but if I wait a couple of minutes the touchscreen
becomes responsive again. Half of the screen works when it's unresponsive (right half of the notification bar and down). It's quite annoying but I cannot afford a new phone at the moment.

I'm also wondering if this might be temperature related, this problem reoccurred very often during the summer but stopped during the winter. But now (spring) it's back again.

18inch

Apr 12, 2012
I also have this problem, but if I wait a couple of minutes the touchscreen
becomes responsive again. Half of the screen works when it's unresponsive (right half of the notification bar and down). It's quite annoying but I cannot afford a new phone at the moment.

I'm also wondering if this might be temperature related, this problem reoccurred very often during the summer but stopped during the winter. But now (spring) it's back again.

exact same problem here, mine works when it feels like working, totally random, I simply can't understand why, I doubt it's the temperature... I think its in the device theres something wrong, I smack it numerous time and it works right after a big smack on the screen, or rub your whole hands on the screen, also, the angle you are holding the phone affects this problem, if none of these work, a phone restart always makes it work at the beginning. Oh boy did my phone took and taking much beating... oh well, I wish I could permanatly fixed the problem here, as I was thinking of handing the phone to my brother when I upgrade, I'm using CM 6.1.

hulle

Oct 24, 2009
I still recommend the same thing that i posted earlier here, her screen still works perfect.

pasanjay

Feb 6, 2012
Colombo
I had the same problem few months ago. The problem is with the touch digitizer. I bought a digitizer on ebay and replaced it myself. After that my phone has been working fine. Its not that hard to replace it if you have a small knowledge about hardware.

kiiruchu

Apr 18, 2012
I use to get that unresponsive screen issue only in the summertime, plus it gets worse if I add humidity (read: sweat). I just need to give it some time then to dry off/ cool down outside my pocket, and it's all fine again.