[Q] Recovery mode and clockword mode

Search This thread

rohith.gm

Aug 24, 2013
Kerala
OnePlus 7
Hi,

I am new to android world. Can you please tell me the difference between recovery mode and clockword mode ??? I want to install a zip file to my galaxy ace (s5830, not rooted, Gingerbread ) but it is not working. The website says clockwork mode is required for this . Will i be able to use the recovery mode in samsung phones for this ??

I tried to update using recovery mode on ace but it doesnt seem to work.

How can i put this to work??

Please help!

Thanks in advance

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*
Hi,

I am new to android world. Can you please tell me the difference between recovery mode and clockword mode ??? I want to install a zip file to my galaxy ace (s5830, not rooted, Gingerbread ) but it is not working. The website says clockwork mode is required for this . Will i be able to use the recovery mode in samsung phones for this ??

Please help!

Thanks in advance

root your device and then flash cwm ..

and this is s5830i section..so ask youe question in s5830 section :)

ѕєηт ƒяσм αcє-ι-cσσρєяνє

Reactions: rohith.gm
D

Deleted member 5617821

Hi,

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Recovery mode is usually the place which will allow you to flash roms, kernels, scripts, etc. By default, you have Samsung's stock recovery mode. Clockwork Mode or CWM is a custom recovery mode that offer much more option than the stock recovery mode. Now assuming that you have Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and not Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i, here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace,

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

Download Root.zip from that link and place it in your sd card. Now switch off the device and boot in to recovery mode (Home+ Power button). Now select "Apply Update from SD Card" and then choose Root.zip. Done. Now you have successfully rooted the device. Follow the same steps for installing CWM too.

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Hope I Helped :)

G

GalaxyAce05

While installing CWM by terminal emulator it shows

"E:invalid command argument
E:Cant Open /tmp/recovery.log"

Code i used was

Su
Recovery -update_package=/sdcard/recovery.img

I hav done by teminal coz my volume buttons are not working so.for up-down navigation volume buttons are needed bt its not working so i tried with code bt its showing me error. And while flashing in rom install it shows "Error:cant locate recovery partion"
Please help for install zip of cwm without volume button.
Please giv me solution

Please help me.

Device: Samsung galaxy ace S5830i

Sent from my GT-S5830i using XDA Free mobile app

ehsanotaku

Dec 16, 2014
While installing CWM by terminal emulator it shows

"E:invalid command argument
E:Cant Open /tmp/recovery.log"

Code i used was

Su
Recovery -update_package=/sdcard/recovery.img

I hav done by teminal coz my volume buttons are not working so.for up-down navigation volume buttons are needed bt its not working so i tried with code bt its showing me error. And while flashing in rom install it shows "Error:cant locate recovery partion"
Please help for install zip of cwm without volume button.
Please giv me solution

Please help me.

Device: Samsung galaxy ace S5830i

Sent from my GT-S5830i using XDA Free mobile app

We have several standard method for installing/using custom Recovery console such as flashing "recovery.tar.md5" over Odin 3.07 ( single entry PDA ) >> Obviously you can not access to Download mode , because of your Volume malfunctions . However we can use ADB commands to access stock recovery and Download mode , yet again totally useless , due to critical keys malfunctions >> Android debugging bridge must be enabled inside your developer settings of your device /proper drivers installed inside your PC / USB cable ready at hands / Android SDK tools installed inside your PC or use platform tools as an alternative >> adb reboot Download << >>>adb reboot recovery <<< for accessing both modes without using traditional hardware combo keys.

2. Terminal emulator method >> Rooted phone/busybox from play store installed /correct recovery.img must be present for instance inside root of your sd card /super user or su app must be updated to preferably 3.1.3 ; su binary inside of your super user app must be 3.1.1 ( flashing this file su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip would solve the outdated binary , yet again you have key malfunctions )
after su you may try >
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
(and press enter)
Now, normally reboot to recovery and enjoy new recovery!
if not wait for #
now type reboot recovery
or
this line after su, depends on the sd card block inside your s5830i, fill xx >>
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p<xx>

Caution : S5830i/C/M/5839i known as cooperVE do require dedicated CWM recovery console . Unless you ported your CWM image from here and you have synced the source, updated it and setup the build environment for creating your "recovery.img" ( which i highly doubt that you are capable of such things ) . Sources for your device : 1 ; 2 ; 3
There are 2 types of CWM involved in this process : 1- Temporary zip file which does not come with buit-in kernel inside , so you have to flash it every time through stock e3
2. Comes with kernel for the permanent access to custom recovery upon executing recovery command .

Be advised older temp- CWM ( 5.0.2.6 AND 5.0.2.8) are best suited for stock firmware and custom Roms based on stock firmwares, because of native support for your RFS partitions .
CWM + 6 ported for cooperVE only supports ext2/3/4 and MTD , so do not flash it on stock or the type of rom I did mention

3, Droid manager method : rooted phone/adb enabled inside your device/Net Framework 4. installed /ADB drivers installed /

This is the GUI version and will perform many things such as fie manager capabilities/manage Nandroid backups from a custom recovery/supports both of the major recoveries ClockworkMod and TWRP/fastboot and many functions.

last word , after getting into your CWM presumably how the heck you want to move without your volume keys being active LOL GET IT FIXED .

Hope I did help you and for God sake don't use your wrong recovery.img through Terminal , You will **** it up royally indeed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    Hi,

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Recovery mode is usually the place which will allow you to flash roms, kernels, scripts, etc. By default, you have Samsung's stock recovery mode. Clockwork Mode or CWM is a custom recovery mode that offer much more option than the stock recovery mode. Now assuming that you have Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and not Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i, here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace,

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

Download Root.zip from that link and place it in your sd card. Now switch off the device and boot in to recovery mode (Home+ Power button). Now select "Apply Update from SD Card" and then choose Root.zip. Done. Now you have successfully rooted the device. Follow the same steps for installing CWM too.

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Hope I Helped :)
    Hi,

Please help!

Thanks in advance

root your device and then flash cwm ..

and this is s5830i section..so ask youe question in s5830 section :)

ѕєηт ƒяσм αcє-ι-cσσρєяνє