Viper4Android not installing drivers.

Search This thread

Jamal Ahmed

Jun 23, 2012
Hi, I tried to install viper4android sound mod but it is not installing. It says please check if the device is rooted or busybox is installed or not.
I am on PA 17th August and Franco kernel, with busybox and full root naturally. Is there any explanation or solution to install drivers?

I've tried:
°Uninstalling app and re-installing…
°changing Roms and kernels…
°turning on "safe mode" and "compatible mode" in the app
°deleting dalvik cache
°selecting A8 drivers and A9 drivers too (users said both work).

But still it won't install, it gives the same error :( if someone can be of help, I'd be really grateful :D thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376980749627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376980749627.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 10,864

mohitgalaxy3

Apr 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi, I tried to install viper4android sound mod but it is not installing. It says please check if the device is rooted or busybox is installed or not.
I am on PA 17th August and Franco kernel, with busybox and full root naturally. Is there any explanation or solution to install drivers?

I've tried:
°deleting dalvik cache

But still it won't install, it gives the same error :( if someone can be of help, I'd be really grateful :D thanks!

Make sure that u have installed busybox by opening that busybox installer app, people get confused by installing app only.
Rest I don't know, I have install this mod yesterday only working fine.

Reactions: ajlanguagebarrier

Jamal Ahmed

Jun 23, 2012
Make sure that u have installed busybox by opening that busybox installer app, people get confused by installing app only.

I also have installed busybox through the app too! :/ it still won't work xD

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
I had this problem as well, try downloading supersu and updating the su binary via TWRP. viper somehow worked after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
Make sure you have the latest version by updating thru the in app settings. Also, superuser will not work. You must be using supersu for root.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: tm_muri

copy2050

Jun 14, 2013
Porto
i read this post because i have the same inssue on MTK6582 phone...i have root only by irrot aplication and installed the superSU app, updated via Normal mode, but i read somewhere i only can install the viper4 driver if i update my superSU via TWRP, is true? and if i dont have the TWRP installed can i update this way anyway? i dont want my phone get bootloop or anything...plz help!

Thanks

MNASWL

Oct 26, 2012
was also having problem with driver installing, updated supersu through recovery, driver was installed successfully but still no effect on audio, driver is reporting Abnormal and not supported.

Hjicons

Jan 26, 2016
Uninstall existing Viper APK. Locate XDA thread with viper_v2.3.3.0.zip in it (it also has 2 more tweak zips) and then first flash viper_v2.3.3.0.zip and then the other two from recovery. This flash wipes davlik cache so it takes some time to rebuild on boot. Then install Viper driver and boot again. Done.

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
same problem on device never had before

Uninstall existing Viper APK. Locate XDA thread with viper_v2.3.3.0.zip in it (it also has 2 more tweak zips) and then first flash viper_v2.3.3.0.zip and then the other two from recovery. This flash wipes davlik cache so it takes some time to rebuild on boot. Then install Viper driver and boot again. Done.

I'm having this broken busybox or not rooted completely/correctly error trying to install any version of viper4android as well. I have always had viper on this tablet, latest complete install of firmware is when problem started. But I have tried all fixes as everyone else has including using a cached buybox apk from previous install just to make sure something hadn't changed in Stericson's busybox, no go.
This is a real head scratcher!
Zach

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
Way late, but fix found

I've tried:
°deleting dalvik cache

Here is what I found that fixes this:

OK all I have a fix for installing Viper on the Tab S.

Use any file explorer and navigate to /system/vendor/etc
Copy the audio_effects.conf in that location
Navigate to /system/etc and paste the file you copied there
Once copied change the permissions to match the other files in the /system/etc folder

Install Viper and it should work this time, apparently the audio.effects.conf file is expected to be in the /system/etc location and is not there by default for some reason....*"

Even though this file was where it said to copy to, contents were different. Either way, afterwards all I had to do was open the V4A apk and it asked to install driver, BAM........!!!!!!! Worked!

Zach

lukzifer

Apr 1, 2016

Once copied change the permissions to match the other files in the /system/etc folder

Install Viper and it should work this time, apparently the audio.effects.conf file is expected to be in the /system/etc location and is not there by default for some reason....*"

Even though this file was where it said to copy to, contents were different. Either way, afterwards all I had to do was open the V4A apk and it asked to install driver, BAM........!!!!!!! Worked!

Zach

Thanks Thanks alot for this, i was navigate for hours!!! This really works, thanks ^^

K9-1000

Apr 6, 2016
Vancouver

Zach

OMG DUDE OMG BRO OOOOOOOMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFGGGGGGG. it worked. ****ing love you to death man

rauul95

Mar 13, 2016
driver still not working

my audio_effects.conf file it is system/etc and viper4android is still not installing that driver. please help me :(

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
thanks button :)

OMG DUDE OMG BRO OOOOOOOMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFGGGGGGG. it worked. ****ing love you to death man

Don't 4get the thanks button, :cool:

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Thanks Thanks alot for this, i was navigate for hours!!! This really works, thanks ^^
Don't 4get the thanks button, :cool:

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

my audio_effects.conf file it is system/etc and viper4android is still not installing that driver. please help me :(

like I said, my /etc had the file already as well, but by pasting over it, obviously changed contents, afterwards V4A installed drivers and worked.
I also found another mod that works, V4A FX, is 16ghz, but by downloading and installing V4A XHIFI, then installing the FX over it (you just activate the XHIFI, first check option under settings, then go back to FX), you get 32bit sound! Yeahhhh Baby!!!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Way late, but fix found

I've tried:
    °deleting dalvik cache

Zach

I've tried:
    °deleting dalvik cache

Make sure you have the latest version by updating thru the in app settings. Also, superuser will not work. You must be using supersu for root.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Set SELinux to permissive