[15.02.2012][TOOL]Boot Animation Creator-Make Android Boot Animations With Ease!

Search This thread

despotovski01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Thanks – works perfectly.
Is there by any chance a similar tool to compile a down animation (and a fastboot boot animation)? If not, how else can I make them? I tried just pasting new images into the .zip files using 7-zip with store mode (no compression), and I also tried using this tool, but I can't get it to work.
Thanks again for the great program.

This tool can't compile a down animation, because down animations are device-specific. For Samsung devices, they are in a different format than for HTC or LG devices. Maybe my new program will have this feature, who knows. ;)

Reactions: fdespotovski

Mazer.one

Jul 18, 2010
Hi despotovski01,
Firstly Thanks you for your tool, it works fine on my pc.
But i need some help, because i made a theme for htc wildfire s with an Animated Background, and when i use the same frames for make a bootanimation with your tool, when i restart the phone i have a black screen !
I don't understand why so if someone could help me, this will be cool .:)
Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad english.

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Wildfire S A510e

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Hi despotovski01,
Firstly Thanks you for your tool, it works fine on my pc.
But i need some help, because i made a theme for htc wildfire s with an Animated Background, and when i use the same frames for make a bootanimation with your tool, when i restart the phone i have a black screen !
I don't understand why so if someone could help me, this will be cool .:)
Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad english.

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Wildfire S A510e

I'm glad you like my program. Your attachment is corrupted. Would you mind to upload it again?
There can be several issues causing your boot animation not to work. Are your frames drawn in RGB 8bit or RGB 16bit color mode? Have you followed the instructions correctly? Have you used my program for your boot animation, or you made the desc.txt file and compressed the animation by yourself?

Reactions: Mazer.one

Mazer.one

Jul 18, 2010
I apologize, i remade my bootanimation with your tool and i put the ZIP in "system/customize/ressources" on my phone with RootExplorer and now it's working ! :D.
The problem was that I copied and paste the folder "part1" and the file "Desc.text" from the "bootanimation.zip" (generated by your tool) in my file "bootanimation.zip" of my theme!:rolleyes:

And now, i copied your "bootanimation.zip" (from your tool) in the folder "system/customize/ressources" of my "theme.zip" and now it's working.:D

Thanks again for your work and quick reply ! ;)

Sorry for my noob question.

ps: I re-uploaded my file (for curious)
and I used "uot kitchen" as a base with a "bootanimation" included to create my theme.

Last edited:

Roland Stone

Mar 12, 2010
I created a Star Trek Voyager boot animation. It plays fine in the previewer but Clockwork throws an error and won't install it on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I even tried the paid version of Boot Animation Changer Pro and it says its installed but it doesn't change my old animation. I haven't tried manually installing it because I don't know how and also because I'm afraid that if it chokes CWM then it may screw up my system. I have tried recreating the animation zip on a different computer but the same thing always happens. Does your program work for Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
I created a Star Trek Voyager boot animation. It plays fine in the previewer but Clockwork throws an error and won't install it on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I even tried the paid version of Boot Animation Changer Pro and it says its installed but it doesn't change my old animation. I haven't tried manually installing it because I don't know how and also because I'm afraid that if it chokes CWM then it may screw up my system. I have tried recreating the animation zip on a different computer but the same thing always happens. Does your program work for Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

You can't flash a boot animation with CWM, unless it's put in a flashable zip file. You'll have to copy it/push it manually to /data/local or /system/media. Don't worry - it won't do anything to your phone! And my program works for every phone out there, so your Galaxy Nexus is not an exception. In fact, it works best for AOSP ROMs.
Happy flashing! :)

jakeshelm

Mar 16, 2008
Please Help

Hi Guys

Can someone please upload the installation file to another server as I have been trying to download it, but haven't had any luck yet....:(

Thanks

jakeshelm

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Hi Guys

Can someone please upload the installation file to another server as I have been trying to download it, but haven't had any luck yet....:(

Thanks

jakeshelm

The server is down. Try again in a few moments. Sorry for the inconvenience, but there's nothing I can do about it. I can't reupload it now because I'm not at home and I'm not using my personal computer. :eek:

spartakush

Dec 20, 2011
Bucharest
Code:
Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Again is down.

Hellhound7

Mar 17, 2012
Goa
thanks for the tool dude. ......
but i hav a small problem....:(

after i create the boot animation and use bootanimation previewer i cant open the .zip file!!! it gives me some error and doesnt respond!!!!:(
am i doing something wrong or is there a bug in using the .zip option???
if i use the folder option i can see my bootanimation but after a few views i can only view the last image in part0???
what should i do????:( :( :eek:

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
thanks for the tool dude. ......
but i hav a small problem....:(

after i create the boot animation and use bootanimation previewer i cant open the .zip file!!! it gives me some error and doesnt respond!!!!:(
am i doing something wrong or is there a bug in using the .zip option???
if i use the folder option i can see my bootanimation but after a few views i can only view the last image in part0???
what should i do????:( :( :eek:

Hmm, that's a really weird problem. The program should be bugless. I have never experienced such issues, but I'll check the code again. I'm not updating Boot Animation Previewer and Creator, but am working on a new program called Boot Animation Factory, which should combine and improve all of the features present in both programs and even include new ones. Stay tuned to this thread, as I'm going to inform you all when Boot Animation Factory is released. :)
Again, sorry that I can't really help you now, but as I said, I don't have that bugs and I'm going to double-check the code for possible errors. :eek:

Hellhound7

Mar 17, 2012
Goa
Hmm, that's a really weird problem. The program should be bugless. I have never experienced such issues, but I'll check the code again. I'm not updating Boot Animation Previewer and Creator, but am working on a new program called Boot Animation Factory, which should combine and improve all of the features present in both programs and even include new ones. Stay tuned to this thread, as I'm going to inform you all when Boot Animation Factory is released. :)
Again, sorry that I can't really help you now, but as I said, I don't have that bugs and I'm going to double-check the code for possible errors. :eek:

No problem man.....just keep up your gr8 work!!!ill wait untill bootanimation factory is released :)

PS: I WOULD LOVE TO DONATE BUT I DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD!!

Reactions: despotovski01

Hellhound7

Mar 17, 2012
Goa
to be specific the error i get is
"index was out of range.must be non negative and less than the size of the collection
parameter name : index"
any suggestions???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROGRAM IS OBSOLETE AND WON'T BE RECEIVING UPDATES ANYMORE. FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE, PLEASE DOWNLOAD BOOT ANIMATION FACTORY. IT'S A NEW PROGRAM THAT HAS EVERYTHING THIS PROGRAM HAS, AND MUCH MORE. THANK YOU!
    Introduction
    I'm proud to present my program called "Boot Animation Creator"! It's a powerful tool that makes creating Android boot animations a lot easier job!

Features
    -Light on memory
    -Easy-to-use user interface
    -Makes boot animations in just three steps!
    -Auto-update functionality
    -Built-in updater
    -No limitations of any kind!
    -YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE DESC.TXT FILE AND THE COMPRESSION METHODS AT ALL!! BOOT ANIMATION CREATOR DOES THAT FOR YOU!

Requirements
    -Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    -All your frames drawn and organised into 'part' folders (the folders don't have to be called 'part')

How to use Boot Animation Creator
    1. Open Boot Animation Previewer. Read the introduction, and click 'Next'
    cap1j.png

2. Choose the folder in which your boot animation is(the parent folder of the 'part' folders) and click 'Next'
    cap2q.png

3. Click the 'Add a loop' button to add a loop. A new window will appear. Just set the properties and click 'Add'
    cap3h.png

*Optional: you can edit the width, height and speed of your animation by selecting the first property item and clicking on the 'Edit' button. A window will appear. Change the properties and click 'Set'
    cap35.png

4. Save the animation and click 'Next'
    cap4w.png

5. You're done! If you want, you can preview your boot animation by clicking the big 'Preview boot animation' button. You'll need the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use this feature.
    Finally, click Finish
    cap5g.png

Video tutorial

Download link
    Download Boot Animation Creator

Running Boot Animation Creator on Linux operating systems - thanks, kurdo_kolene!
    kurdo_kolene said:
    1.Install PlayOnLinux or PlayOnMac respectively

2.Open PlayOnWhatever and press Install

3.Choose "Install a non-listed program" & press Next on the next screen

4.Select "Install a program in a new virtual drive" & press Next

5.Type in a name for the new virtual drive e.g. BootAnimationCreator & press Next

6.Check the boxes "Configure Wine" and "Install libraries" & press Next

7.In the newly opened window go to the "Libraries" tab, type "mscoree" in the small box or choose it from the drop-down menu, then press "Add". Select it from the bottom box, press edit and set it to "Builtin(Wine)", and press "Apply"

8.Tick the box "POL/POM _ Install mono 2.10" and press Next. Wait for the download and installation to complete.

9.On the next screen, press "Browse" and select the "install_bootanimationcreator.msi" file & press Next

10.Follow the steps of the installation wizard. When the installation has completed, just press finish, without ticking the box "Launch Boot Animation Creator" (you could, but you still have to make shortcut for it later). When the "Choose a file to create a shortcut" window appears, select "Boot Animation Creator.exe", press Next, type in a name for the shortcut e.g Boot Animation Creator, press Next, after that's finished press "I don't want to make another shortcut" and press Next and you're done.
    Launch the application from your Desktop shortcut.
    I don't suggest running Boot Animation Creator on other operating system than Windows. It may not run correctly, and on some computers it may not ever run. Therefore, use it with caution (this only appeals for running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows)! If you get errors while running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows, and not on Windows itself, I won't provide support for them, because this program is not intended to run on other OS than Windows. Report bugs only if you're using Boot Animation Creator on Windows.

Final words
    That was about it. It was easy, wasn't it? Please post feedback and thoughts about my program, they are gladly appreciated. ;)
    Changelog

Code:
    Changelog:

v1.0.0.0 {25.08.2011}
    -Initial release

v1.0.1.0 {29.08.2011}
    -Bug fixes
    -Performance improvements

v1.1.0.0 {02.11.2011}
    -No folder limitations
    -New way of entering properties
    -The program detects the size of your frames, so you don't need to write them. Optionally, you can change the size values
    -The "Get Boot Animation Previewer" button in the Main Menu becomes "Launch Boot Animation Previewer" if you have Boot Animation Previewer installed. The download process of Boot Animation Previewer has changed as well
    -No need of Administrator privileges
    -New way of updating
    -New Updater
    -Higher-quality icon

v1.2.0.0 {04.01.2012}
    -Integrated with D01 Software Manager (the ugly old updater is gone)
    -Fixes (corrected the typo in the about box)

v1.2.1.0 {10.01.2012}
    -Bug fix – fixed the bug not recognizing D01 Software Manager
    -Improvements – when the Set Property Dialog is shown, the text box automatically gets focus
    -New feature – it tells you if your animation contains frames with indexed colors

v1.3.0.0 {17.01.2012}
    -New: Added support for loop delays
    -Updated Previewer (now you’ll see scroll bars if the animation’s size exceeds previewer’s window size)
    -…
    v1.4.0.0 {15.02.2012}
    -Improved user-interface (looks better and it’s easier to use)
    -Bug fixes
    -Lighter on size (the executable is only 363 KB!)
    -Removed unneeded files in the initial directory
    -The ‘Preview’ feature is Boot Animation Previewer-dependent (you must have the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use that feature) 
    -New program icon, banner and about screen
    Oh I'm definitely trying this out... :D Thanks!

Edit: Hehe... I'm one of our alpha software testers at work, so maybe I'm a bit too good at this..... But I found a small bug. :p If you cancel the 'select folder' dialog, the program crashes.. Just thought I'd let you know.

Other than that, works really nicely. :) If I could make a suggestion though: On step 2, maybe add a line below the 'First folder number of loops' that mentions using a value of '0' for infinite loops. For people who haven't read any tutorials or made any animations manually, they probably wouldn't know about that..
    Cam you make an Android version so we can do this awesome thing right on our phones?

Sent from another Galaxy... Note 3

Yes, I will make an Android app when I have more free time. :)
    Please give a new download link because I am getting error 404 not found:crying:

Here you go.