TF101 and slider getting jelly bean after all?

Search This thread
L

LastStandingDroid

i tought so :) i after all have contact with ASUS and they were going to get some people for testing here at xda ;)

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
A more open Asus, with a beta test programme for technical users* would instantly do two things.

1) result in Asus shooting to the top of the cool list for tinker-types.
2) result in a more stable end product for non-technical types, with more bugs out of the system prior to OTA update.

*technical users being those that meet a minimum criteria of producing accurate and technical bug reports and not just "it doesn't work waaaaaaahhaaaaa".

If Asus doesn't do this, it's only a matter of time before someone else does it and takes the crown.

SavCom

Jan 11, 2006
vastmeridian.blogspot.com
A more open Asus, with a beta test programme for technical users* would instantly do two things.

1) result in Asus shooting to the top of the cool list for tinker-types.
2) result in a more stable end product for non-technical types, with more bugs out of the system prior to OTA update.

*technical users being those that meet a minimum criteria of producing accurate and technical bug reports and not just "it doesn't work waaaaaaahhaaaaa".

If Asus doesn't do this, it's only a matter of time before someone else does it and takes the crown.

Bear in mind that the TF101 still has issues with ICS, so don't hold your breath too long!! :eek:

MarkyG82

Oct 26, 2010
Bear in mind that the TF101 still has issues with ICS, so don't hold your breath too long!! :eek:

There is that. But Asus has had the code for a while and I think the bug fixing via XDA users will go a long way to fixing various issues.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
Quality bug reporting, not bug fixing, that's best left to Asus.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Her0o

Dec 15, 2010
Today received in drippler app

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

nattesh

Apr 17, 2012
Turin
may i'll get back stock after all XD..

seriously i hope asus will release jb for tf101, they said there would be updates for 18 months since the device came out.

84DGR

Oct 4, 2010
I would be saying more likely October, Given that they would want the take up on the Nexus devices first....

so probably here in time for christmas

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Information on Asus North American Facebook page indicates that the Tegra 3 stable will for sure get it, but it has to be determined which if any of their other devices will get it.

ASUS North America

Dear valued ASUS customer,

At ASUS, one of the key commitments we make to our customers is a relentless drive to deliver the best user experience. We constantly strive to achieve this goal through our ‘Design Thinking’ philosophy that includes regular software and firmware updates for our products.

We are pleased to announce that many of our tablet products are scheduled to receive an update to Android 4.1, Jelly Bean. The ASUS Transformer Pad, ASUS Transformer Pad Prime and ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity are all scheduled to receive Android 4.1 updates in the coming months. We will provide further guidance on our expected timeframes for these updates near their release.

We are still investigating Jelly Bean updates for other devices, but we are not in a position to confirm whether any other products will be eligible for an update at the moment.

Thank you for your continued support.

ASUS

Reactions: Friko

just lou

Dec 8, 2010
New York
Information on Asus North American Facebook page indicates that the Tegra 3 stable will for sure get it, but it has to be determined which if any of their other devices will get it.

ASUS North America

At ASUS, one of the key commitments we make to our customers is a relentless drive to deliver the best user experience. We constantly strive to achieve this goal through our ‘Design Thinking’ philosophy that includes regular software and firmware updates for our products.

We are pleased to announce that many of our tablet products are scheduled to receive an update to Android 4.1, Jelly Bean. The ASUS Transformer Pad, ASUS Transformer Pad Prime and ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity are all scheduled to receive Android 4.1 updates in the coming months. We will provide further guidance on our expected timeframes for these updates near their release.

We are still investigating Jelly Bean updates for other devices, but we are not in a position to confirm whether any other products will be eligible for an update at the moment.

ASUS

There seems to be some debate whether "Asus Transformer Pad" means only the TF300 or the TF300 and TF101. Either way, I would guess the TF101 will get stock JB considering the issues some people still have with ICS.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
There seems to be some debate whether "Asus Transformer Pad" means only the TF300 or the TF300 and TF101. Either way, I would guess the TF101 will get stock JB considering the issues some people still have with ICS.

Asus now calls our TF101s the Eee Pad Transformer and the TF300 the Transformer Pad. Subtle, I know, but enough to give them an out if they feel the need. It sounded to me like a for sure for Tegra 3 and we don't know yet for Tegra 2. It's already been proven to run great on Tegra 2 so there is really no excuse to withhold it from us. I'll probably run a custom ROM anyway so it really won't matter to me. It might be nice though to get some of the Asus parts for custom ROMs where they and nVidia should know the hardware and it's secrets better than we do.

just lou

Dec 8, 2010
New York
Asus now calls our TF101s the Eee Pad Transformer and the TF300 the Transformer Pad. Subtle, I know, but enough to give them an out if they feel the need. It sounded to me like a for sure for Tegra 3 and we don't know yet for Tegra 2. It's already been proven to run great on Tegra 2 so there is really no excuse to withhold it from us. I'll probably run a custom ROM anyway so it really won't matter to me. It might be nice though to get some of the Asus parts for custom ROMs where they and nVidia should know the hardware and it's secrets better than we do.

I most definitely will run a custom JB ROM if ASUS doesn't provide one. Chances are the dev. version will be better anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ASUS North America

ASUS