(DEV-REQ) BEATS Audio Feature for Desire HD

Search This thread

itzsnookums

Oct 22, 2009
Spokane, Wa
htc-beats-510x340.jpg

Ok so there are many people on the Desire HD/Inspire 4G forums looking for a Mod that can enable the beats audio on their devices....I have ran into several differnt ideas but considering the fact that i have absolutly no experience with developing anything, i can't do this...but i am hoping that a couple developers can help us out....

The General Idea​

The general idea actually sounds legit, its based off the fact that the software is what makes the beats feature what it is, just like the SRS/DOLBY Digital and many more Sound Enhancers, but what i was thinking is that the Beats Feature is just a few tweaks based off these features, they add a little bass here and a little treble there, oh and why not lets raise the vocals a little....so what i'm thinking is that we have a feature already that can act as a base and all we need is a friendly developer that can modify these bass,treble,vocals,etc. values or even show us how to modify these values ourselves so that we can make our own "Enhancer".....Sounds good right?? or maybe we can find a dev that can modify the beats feature to work on our devices....

ANY IDEAS???? Throw Them down, this thread is just for the Beats/Music Features and any questions you have about it (try and save some forums from answering 8 million questions about the feature)

Different Ways Of Getting Beats To Work Floating Around

BEATS AUDIO-Flashable ZIP, MODIFIED BY IN-Freak/FASTER STARTUP, WITHOUT SKIPPING SONGS

http://www.mediafire.com/?382u5cyyy8a1fpa

v 0.2 released!---09/18/2011

Changelog:

-More small fixes (maybe better performance)
-improved the request if there is a beats headset, so music player only switch once before playing a song (after the first try/start the music player doesn't switch between the songs, even if you plug out your headset and then plug it in!)
-Sounds is a little bit better for me now, but it could be that im not enough objective (need to be tested!)

btw, the new file is a lttle bit smaller

Try it and tell us how it works.....
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=723468&d=1316355882

[MOD] HTC Beats & Dolby Mobile for HTC Music
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1253447

Enable hidden audio sound enhancer options in HTC Music app
http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=17045891

Sensation XE With Beats Audio Show and Tell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYFfiftuKQM&feature=player_detailpage

Special Thanks To The Following People For Their Help
Maedhros
lyapota
IN-Freak

Last edited:

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Kinda sad that the beats dosen't work.... It had me tricked, but going back I realized the reason I was fooled was because I was using the Volume+ Equalizer.

I will go over the Files for the sensation to see if there is anyway to get it working for the DHD....

BTW... Links for any1 else interested is located here:

Here is another interesting tutorial:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=17045891

What I'm wondering is why can't we get it to start on dhd...

itzsnookums

Oct 22, 2009
Spokane, Wa
Kinda sad that the beats dosen't work.... It had me tricked, but going back I realized the reason I was fooled was because I was using the Volume+ Equalizer.

I will go over the Files for the sensation to see if there is anyway to get it working for the DHD....

Thanks i'm actually digging through the sensation xe files now trying some things to see what i can get....thanks for your help =-)

trh1341

Jun 13, 2011
MESA
I gave seen you around in rcmix thread and since you mentioned it I was wondering the same thing...I am a developer and I would be glad to help but I have no idea what beats audio sounds like or anything....if you could help me fine somthing to show me the equalizer or somthing that can help me get an idea that would help alot!:)

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

IN-Freak

Jan 4, 2011
Cologne
Would really appreciate if anybody could fix the beats sound.
Are you guys sure that atm it doesnt work on our dhd?

lyapota

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Kiev

I saw this treads? but really don't understand how code like this
----------------------------
.method public static setBeatsEffect(Z)V
.locals 0
.parameter "on"

.prologue
.line 446
return-void
.end method
can make working beats.

itzsnookums

Oct 22, 2009
Spokane, Wa
I saw this treads? but really don't understand how code like this
.method public static setBeatsEffect(Z)V
.locals 0
.parameter "on"

.prologue
.line 446
return-void
.end method
can make working beats.

i believe these mods are for the htcmusic app....so it will work on pre-sensation roms....but new roms with sense 3.0-3.5 use htclisten....so unless the underline code is the same i don't think this will work...does anyone know how i can rip apart the apk and look and see what i find....

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

I gave seen you around in rcmix thread and since you mentioned it I was wondering the same thing...I am a developer and I would be glad to help but I have no idea what beats audio sounds like or anything....if you could help me fine somthing to show me the equalizer or somthing that can help me get an idea that would help alot!:)

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Its a good point lol....we don't know what the beats feature sounds like....i would imagine that it would be better then SRS and Dolby Digital....but idk.....

IN-Freak

Jan 4, 2011
Cologne
i believe these mods are for the htcmusic app....so it will work on pre-sensation roms....but new roms with sense 3.0-3.5 use htclisten....so unless the underline code is the same i don't think this will work...does anyone know how i can rip apart the apk and look and see what i find....

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Its a good point lol....we don't know what the beats feature sounds like....i would imagine that it would be better then SRS and Dolby Digital....but idk.....

Im trying to find a value which sounds interesting but htclisten is complicated ....:(

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

lyapota

Aug 15, 2008
Kiev

I get underlined text from this mods HTCMusic. Method do nothing. Sensation roms can't support beats at all. Only one port from runny (HTCListen) try set beats properly, but it now not working on Desire HD. You can use apktool for disassemble apk.

itzsnookums

Oct 22, 2009
Spokane, Wa
I get underlined text from this mods HTCMusic. Method do nothing. Sensation roms can't support beats at all. Only one port from runny (HTCListen) try set beats properly, but it now not working on Desire HD. You can use apktool for disassemble apk.

Really??? they have the Sensation XE with beats working over in the sensation thread.....also there is a video of the Sensation XE with beats on youtube...found here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYFfiftuKQM

IN-Freak

Jan 4, 2011
Cologne
Htclisten.apk/smali/com /htc /music / HtcMusic ->
Look at isDolbyEnabled()z

But dont know which value to change :/

lyapota

Aug 15, 2008
Kiev
And HtcBeatsNotify.apk looks interesting too

HtcBeatsNotify only show gray or red beats icon in notification bar nothing more.
When HTCListen try set beats his send signal to HtcBeatsNotify, icons show, but sound system crashing and beats not working.

yxtl

Aug 31, 2011
heya all I like to said u for me beats mods work turn music on play a song and after 10 sec beats its on and working I try and this lyapota_HTCListen_Dolby&SRS_RunnyHD and work as well In my opinion both work fine srs dolby have more option to listen music Thx for your attention

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

and sicerelly i think beats its only for buy dr dre beats headset just pure marketing politics

itzsnookums

Oct 22, 2009
Spokane, Wa
I told about ports, not about sensation XE. Have You link to clear deodexed rom sensation XE?

no i was toying with the virtuous version.....tried playing with the framework and the services jar files...nothing...can't use the listen app off of it due to issues with resolution...may download the m10 tool and see what i can do....

IN-Freak

Jan 4, 2011
Cologne
Here, at the end of HtcMusic:

.line 5740
.end local v0 #bBeatsOn:Z
.end local v1 #styleIndex:I
:cond_1
:goto_1
return-void

.line 5722
.restart local v0 #bBeatsOn:Z
.restart local v1 #styleIndex:I
:cond_2
invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/htc/music/HtcMusic;->getApplicationContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v2

invoke-static {v2}, Lcom/htc/music/util/HeadSetHelper;->isBeatsHeadset(Landroid/content/Context;)Z

move-result v2

if-eqz v2, :cond_3

.line 5724
sget v1, Lcom/htc/music/util/SoundEffectHelper;->BEATS_Original:I

goto :goto_0

.line 5728
:cond_3
sget v1, Lcom/htc/music/util/SoundEffectHelper;->BEATS_SRS:I

.line 5737
:cond_4
invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/htc/music/HtcMusic;->plugOutBeatsHeadsetHandle()V

goto :goto_1
.end method

try to change it into

.line 5740
return-void

.line 5722
invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/htc/music/HtcMusic;->getApplicationContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v2

invoke-static {v2}, Lcom/htc/music/util/HeadSetHelper;->isBeatsHeadset(Landroid/content/Context;)Z

move-result v2

.line 5724
sget v1, Lcom/htc/music/util/SoundEffectHelper;->BEATS_Original:Z

.line 5728
sget v1, Lcom/htc/music/util/SoundEffectHelper;->BEATS_SRS:Z

.line 5737

and compile the new file....

.end method

Last edited:

itzsnookums

Oct 22, 2009
Spokane, Wa
Here, at the end of HtcMusic:

.line 5740
return-void

.line 5722

move-result-object v2

move-result v2

.line 5724
sget v1, Lcom/htc/music/util/SoundEffectHelper;->BEATS_Original:I

.line 5728
sget v1, Lcom/htc/music/util/SoundEffectHelper;->BEATS_SRS:I

.line 5737

.end method

try to change it into

.line 5740
return-void

.line 5722

move-result-object v2

move-result v2

.line 5724
sget v1, Lcom/htc/music/util/SoundEffectHelper;->BEATS_Original:Z

.line 5728
sget v1, Lcom/htc/music/util/SoundEffectHelper;->BEATS_SRS:Z

.line 5737

and compile the new file....

.end method

Can you post the finished product??? i wanna play with it lol

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

cause honestly, im way to tired to play with files tonight.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc-beats-510x340.jpg

Ok so there are many people on the Desire HD/Inspire 4G forums looking for a Mod that can enable the beats audio on their devices....I have ran into several differnt ideas but considering the fact that i have absolutly no experience with developing anything, i can't do this...but i am hoping that a couple developers can help us out....

The General Idea​

The general idea actually sounds legit, its based off the fact that the software is what makes the beats feature what it is, just like the SRS/DOLBY Digital and many more Sound Enhancers, but what i was thinking is that the Beats Feature is just a few tweaks based off these features, they add a little bass here and a little treble there, oh and why not lets raise the vocals a little....so what i'm thinking is that we have a feature already that can act as a base and all we need is a friendly developer that can modify these bass,treble,vocals,etc. values or even show us how to modify these values ourselves so that we can make our own "Enhancer".....Sounds good right?? or maybe we can find a dev that can modify the beats feature to work on our devices....

ANY IDEAS???? Throw Them down, this thread is just for the Beats/Music Features and any questions you have about it (try and save some forums from answering 8 million questions about the feature)

Different Ways Of Getting Beats To Work Floating Around

BEATS AUDIO-Flashable ZIP, MODIFIED BY IN-Freak/FASTER STARTUP, WITHOUT SKIPPING SONGS

http://www.mediafire.com/?382u5cyyy8a1fpa

v 0.2 released!---09/18/2011

Changelog:

-improved the request if there is a beats headset, so music player only switch once before playing a song (after the first try/start the music player doesn't switch between the songs, even if you plug out your headset and then plug it in!)
    -Sounds is a little bit better for me now, but it could be that im not enough objective (need to be tested!)

btw, the new file is a lttle bit smaller

Try it and tell us how it works.....
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=723468&d=1316355882

[MOD] HTC Beats & Dolby Mobile for HTC Music

Enable hidden audio sound enhancer options in HTC Music app
    http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=17045891

Sensation XE With Beats Audio Show and Tell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYFfiftuKQM&feature=player_detailpage

Special Thanks To The Following People For Their Help
    Maedhros
    lyapota
    IN-Freak
    IM RUNNING RUNNY BASED ROM FROM RC TEAM AND BEATS WORKS BUT AFTER SOME TESTING SRS ACTUALLY SOUNDS BETTER THAN THE BEATS SOFTWARE.

I TESTED USING MANHAIM STEAM ROLLERS FRESH AIR SONGS WITH THE HTC MUSIC APP AND SKULL CANDIES TITANIUM EAR BUDS.

BEATS SOUNDED FULLER THAN STOCK HTC ALONG WITH EXCELLENT BASS AND HIGHS.
    MIDS ARE SOMEWHAT MUDDLED AND CEILING IS NOT THAT HIGH.

I FOUND SRS BETTER SOUNDING THAN BEATS ( ARD 6.1). SMOOTHER
    BASS CRISP MIDS AND HIGHS.

MY PREFERENCE FOR SOUND IS SRS ALONG WITH POWERAMP PRO. MUCH MORE TWEAKS AND OPTIONS YOU CAN CHOOSE SRS, DOHLBY OR NONE AND EQUALIZER AND PRE AMP GIVE U SOUND FAR SUPERIOR.

IF BEATS HAD CUSTOM EQ AND PRE AMP MAYBE IT COUL SOUND BETTER. OR IF POWERAMP COULD USE THE BEATS ENGINE THA WOULD BE SOMETHING TO WATCH.

MI OPINION, ON THE HTC MUSIC APP ANYWAY, SRS

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

Caps lock says hello.
    v 0.2 released!

Changelog:

-Sounds is a little bit better for me now, but it could be that im not enough objective :p (need to be tested!)

btw, the new file is a lttle bit smaller :)

Try it and tell me how it works! :)
    First try guys :)
    I tweaked the HtcMusic smali in HtcListen...
    Just push the HtcListen.apk file with root explorer or adb in system/app und change the permissions!
    Always do a backup first, for me the new file works but its safer if you do a backup first.

But atm i dont know if the sound is better, please tell me if it is for you and beats is working ;)

enjoy!
    From what i understand is that the beats should be system wide...but we don't know at this moment...the biggest problem is that we don't have a beats device to compare our results to...we don't know what it should be like...you know what i mean....

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Ok so i am throwing this out there.....i was dissecting the sensation xe rom...and i found thaat it uses the htcmusic.apk not the htclisten.apk?????? make any sense????

Sensation xe is sense 3.0, we have 3.5 ...