[ROM][AOSP 2.1][19-10-11] VanillaEclair 6.2 "Older can be better!!"

Search This thread

CrazyDelta

Aug 17, 2010
Would someone kindly please repost the lightscript.
I am loving this Rom. It is so fast.
Something I thought impossible on Hero anymore.

Also if anyone has links to DPI changer 160, and Gallery 2D. It would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

CrazyDelta

Aug 17, 2010
The links to those are in the post previous to yours: VE options.

I have another problem,
my market seems to begin downloads but never really start downloading..
Any suggestions?

Oh. Thanks for letting me know. I didn't notice.

Regarding your downloads problem, Have you flashed Flykernel13. I am not sure if it is related.
Or you can go to Applications, find market and clear data/cache.
Just something worth trying.

And if anyone out there has the lightscript, please provide a link to download.

Thanks.

CakeMonitor

Oct 2, 2008
Earlier this week I flashed my HTC Hero to VanillaEclair 6.2 and for the most part things are looking great - but I've only been able to get online via wifi - I've not been able to pick up a data connection over the cellular network at all! (and on a previous rom I used to be able to pick up a data connection from this phone in the same locations without any issue)

I've tried a different radio version in case that was causing my problem, but it didn't help.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance :)

Is there anything else I can try?
Either restore an old APN backup or manually enter your carrier's APN.

*Edit: Just remembered that the actual setting for data MIGHT be turned off. There was an older ROM (Floyo 1.2?) that had data disabled upon first boot up to prevent data usage if user only had a small monthly amount.

Last edited:

CrazyDelta

Aug 17, 2010
The links to those are in the post previous to yours: VE options.

I have another problem,
my market seems to begin downloads but never really start downloading..
Any suggestions?

I have noticed this on a couple of occasions now. Not sure about the culprit. Sometimes I just leave them downloading, and then restart the phone. After a while, they are downloaded.

Dominguez_213

Jul 18, 2010
HELP T__T

i flash vannila eclair 6.2 but the problem is i forgot to put flykernel 13 on my sd card... what should i do?? :'( need urgent help here.... should i reboot my phone?

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
i flash vannila eclair 6.2 but the problem is i forgot to put flykernel 13 on my sd card... what should i do?? :'( need urgent help here.... should i reboot my phone?

you can reboot. the rom has its own kernel :). though I suggest flashing LV Kernel 1.2 because it is most up to date (This month). or if you are afraid you can start in recovery mode, plug in the phone, press the Usb Mount option and then put kernel on your sdcard. flash it and you're done :)

schetz

Jul 4, 2011
Rijeka
hm..maybe I need a different version...

my icons are small, need a large version :) I presumed it's 160 DPI...

btw, link is not working for me, that's why I asked :)

"This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright. "

Halmo

Oct 3, 2010
Waterloo
hm..maybe I need a different version...

my icons are small, need a large version :) I presumed it's 160 DPI...

btw, link is not working for me, that's why I asked :)

"This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright. "

Same issue and the ones on MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?ua9c36392cj1tgn) are downloading at like 1kbps and when it finishes the zip is corrupt.

Edit: Mediafire must have been having issue got it off Mediafire now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.2 is now released!!! Thanks to Lirasina!!!

Well since I got drawn to a rom that got bumped that was like from the stone age and everyone one was like, Man this is awesome it is so fast blabla :p
    I decided to give it a go and when I ran it I was thinking like, Man this is awesome it is so fast... :eek:
    So then there I was. Sitting on my confy chair thinking later on. Man this is crap... It is outdated and meh...
    Then I decided to update stuff change some stuff make it more well... ME.
    Like I did on Speedmachine V4 from Elelinux I did the same with this ROM but this time I changed some more. To make it more now. And not so 2010...

Ok now that useless story is said.. If you read it your lifeless but still. :p
    Now to the ROM part but fist...

I am in no way responsible for broken phones, bad working phones, or some other stuff that may is some unlikelihood may happen during installation of this ROM.

In short I am not responsible for stuff that can not happen if you flash this. And stuff that may happen.

BTW I am no developer in anyway. I am good in breaking roms and somehow get them fixed again... Got no idea what the code does I leave that to the guru's

This rom is based of VanillaEclair 4.0 made by RaduG so credits to him for that.
    The version is Sense themed with a DPI off 140.

The DPI is the screen density. The lower the numer the smaller the stuff is on the screen so you can have more on the screen then 160. 160 is Hero native.

I did not make the theme so I am not going to take credit for it. I used the Speedmachine V5 theme files. So credits to Elelinux for those.

Ok to the stuff I added or changed (updated)

Code:
    Clicker.apk (For HTC_IME)
    Gallery3D.apk (Cuss it is so fancy)
    HTC_IME.apk (I hate LatinIME, but because I love you all I did not remove it)
    LauncherPro.apk (Still the best one for me)
    [COLOR="Red"]Maps.apk [/COLOR](Version 5.5.0, as an option to download)
    Superuser.apk (Updated to the latest + Binaries)
    Vending.apk (Updated to the one from Elelinux 2.1 Reloaded)

Lightscript: The folowing apps will be removed by this script. Run this right after the ROM flash! MultiUpload

Code:
    Development.apk (I don't use it)
    Email.apk (I don't use it)
    GenieWidget.apk (I use BW)
    LiveWallpaperPicker.apk (Runs crap on the Hero anyway)
    Music.apk (Use an alternative better one from the market)
    SoundRecorder.apk (I don't use it)
    Stk.apk (Useless with KPN anyway)
    Talk.apk (Noone I know uses it)
    VoiceDialer.apk (Don't use it)

Ok that was all the APPS.

Now to some other stuff.

-This rom now supports multitouch, in maps atleast.
    -Changed the OpenGL to 2.0 so Vector maps (3D Maps) may work, Don't shoot me if it doesnt.
    -GPS Conf is set to Europe. Mostly Holland cuss I live there. If you want to change it, look in this topic and download the correct one for your place. Credits to AngelDeath for those files.
    -Added some sounds. Well some allarms and 1 notification ringtone. Both set to default.
    -Changed boot animation to one I love, Credits to ZduneX25 for that one.
    -Changed on 2 version the DPI to 140. Thanks to RaduG who gave me that idea a long time ago with some rom. Tastysomething..
    -I killed myself to get the Sensethemed one to look good. Till I saw this topic from Ohsaka. That made my day so credits to him for that tool.
    -Also for the themed version I used the UOT Kitchen so credit to all those guys who made it.
    -Well like noted updated apps and stuff.

Bugs :(
    -Well one. Gallery3D acts a little weird on first startup. Just wait that out and it runs fine after. Just do some other stuff. :rolleyes:
    -No reboot menu. I was planning to do that. But when I saw the guide on that I was like. Ehm nah. to long and not in the mood to do so. If someone managed to do it. And want me to make an update.zip (well want me to try) I will and put it up as an option.
    -With LVX 0.6.2 there may be USB mounting problems. Switch to Fly to fix that.
    -LVX may have the bad habit to have crappier battery life then Fly13. My experience is that Fly13 is more stable. And less power using.
    -Camerazoom aint working.

That is all I think. Prob forgot a lot but who cared. Everyone jumps down to the download link anyway and then download it. And go like. Music.apk is missing from my ROM.. Why is that??

Instalation!!

-Install the rom you want
    -Download FlyKernel 13 from this topic, or Fly11C cuss Don loves it. Credits to Erasmux for all his work on that.
    -You can also use Las Venturax from this topic. Again thanks to Erasmux and Riemer for that.
    -Install Flykernel 13 or LV right after you installed the ROM, Which the updater script commands you to anyway. (Well it commands you to use Fly)
    -Flash lightscript if you like.
    -Boot into the ROM.
    -Flash options or themes if you like to do so. :D
    -Enjoy!!

So to the download links.

ROM:

MultiUpload

Link to 6.1 Thanks to Wupper OLD ROM 6.1!!

Options:

-140 DPI Changer: MultiUpload
    -160 DPI Changer: MultiUpload
    -Gallery2D: MultiUpload. This will remove Gallery3D and install Gallery2D (Duhh) (Since I love you all so much)
    -Maps 5.5.0: MultiUpload
    -Wazefix for 6.2: MultiUpload
    -Wazeunfix for 6.2: MultiUpload Revers EGL to the old one.

Themes:

-Stock theme: MultiUpload
    -Sense theme (Stock theme in the ROM): MultiUpload Old theme from 6.1!! Will work on 6.2
    -BStyle Naked Simplicity by Habarug Will also work on 6.1. No framework files have been edited.
    -MEIZU by Habarug
    -Nicetheme simplisomething from a dude with to much free time.. XD
    -Crystal theme from the same dude :p

Change log:

19-10-2011
    -Version 6.2 Released (Thanks to Lirasina)
    -Small theme change to be more polished
    -Superuser updated to 3.0.5 + Binary (small bug. The icon does not show)
    -New boot animation (I like it as well :D) (Credits to some youtube poster)
    -EGL Downgrade to 1.0 With the 1.1 EGL file
    -Wazefix for 6.2: MultiUpload
    -Wazeunfix for 6.2: MultiUpload Revers EGL to the old one.

I did not downgrade EGL to 1.0. (old file) Then you will have the rotary bug. I will release a patch wich will have the EGL file for 1.0 so then people can use waze.

Keep in mind that the Wazefix will put back the rotation bug in most apps even in waze!!

The reason why I did not include FlyKernel. Simple actually. I was lazy and well I always flash it after a rom flash with the speeds preset in the update script for my phone. So get used to that.

16-09-2011
    -Version 6.1 Released.
    -Theme packages edited to include themed HTC_IME
    -Options edited for 6.1
    -Added option for Maps 5.5.0

09-09-2011
    -Added google talk option. For the lovers of that. (Not me though :p )
    -DPI changer update packages
    -Theme update packages to switch
    -Sense Theme change, Notification items to white background with black text. Instead of the grey. As update package.

08-09-2011
    -Initial release
    -Gallery2D Update package

Todo:

-Reboot menu (Will try my luck. but help is always nice :D )
    link for 6.2 is down
    could anyone reupload?

edit: all multiupload links for that matter..

**Edit: I've upped files to Mediafire because of too much traffic to Dropbox (Since signing in 1.5 hours ago I've received 70+ auto emails saying too much bandwidth..... uh this is spam right?)

VE6.1
    http://bit.ly/AlaO0r

VE6.2
    http://bit.ly/zICwsH

VE Options
    http://bit.ly/Ab6kKz

VE Themes
    http://bit.ly/Aep1iy
    I've uploaded the roms to my server in case you can't acces multiupload :). Over here
    Nice :) is the HTC IME looking ok with the density change? Everytime I've tried it has become totally messed up :-S

sent with love from me to you

Yea it looks fine :D and I made it look nice with the sense theme to and the stock version has a different color one. To make it look nice with that theme.

I uploaded a screen so you can see it :D