d2-tmo/att/vzw-ICS/JB[017]kernel for AOSP/AOKP/CM9/10.1 ROMs[Mar-12] + FauxSound

Search This thread

seksmeup

Feb 15, 2012

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
I can see why he might be confused:

It won't work with CM10, so if that's what he wants to know, it's understandable.

The title clearly said CM9... so my statement is still true.. It is compatible with ALL cyanogenmod based ROM that's derived from CM9.

The reason I don't want to add CM10 kernel support is because CM team is busily working on getting rid of all kernel based bugs for Jelly Bean... I rather directly contribute to CM10 kernel development than trying to add more bugs and confuse the bug reports to CM because they are running my kernel instead of the default kernel for CM10 (if they truly want to contribute to making CyanogenMod a stable ROM, they should run everything default and report all bugs rather than switching to another kernel which may worsen the problem further).

ipaq_101

Sep 19, 2011
Southern California
The title clearly said CM9... so my statement is still true.. It is compatible with ALL cyanogenmod based ROM that's derived from CM9.

The reason I don't want to add CM10 kernel support is because CM team is busily working on getting rid of all kernel based bugs for Jelly Bean... I rather directly contribute to CM10 kernel development than trying to add more bugs and confuse the bug reports to CM because they are running my kernel instead of the default kernel for CM10 (if they truly want to contribute to making CyanogenMod a stable ROM, they should run everything default and report all bugs rather than switching to another kernel which may worsen the problem further).

Hey it's pretty clear to me, I can read.

Thanks for all your hard work, some people just ask dumb questions no matter how many times you put it in the OP.

seksmeup

Feb 15, 2012

If you want to get into semantics, your statement is not true because it does not work with all cyanogenmod based ROM's. The set of cyanogenmod based ROM's includes the subset of CM10. While I agree that it is straightforward that your thread applies to CM9 based ROM's only, to some people, it may confuse them that the first sentence of the thread claims something that can be interpreted differently than what the title claims.

ipaq_101

Sep 19, 2011
Southern California
If you want to get into semantics, your statement is not true because it does not work with all cyanogenmod based ROM's. The set of cyanogenmod based ROM's includes the subset of CM10. While I agree that it is straightforward that your thread applies to CM9 based ROM's only, to some people, it may confuse them that the first sentence of the thread claims something that can be interpreted differently than what the title claims.

Here are some semantics, people don't have to use it if they don't want to.

Secondly, Faux put in a lot of time and hard work to make this, you can take a moment of your time with very little work to read through the forum carefully.

seksmeup

Feb 15, 2012
Here are some semantics, people don't have to use it if they don't want to.

Secondly, Faux put in a lot of time and hard work to make this, you can take a moment of your time with very little work to read through the forum carefully.

Whoa, calm down there. I'm not denying his effort nor am I denying the quality of his kernel; it's just that the first sentence is open to interpretation and can be confusing for some people. It's not about reading through the forum -- some people simply just don't get it.

hiazn

Jan 20, 2008
honolulu
Whoa, calm down there. I'm not denying his effort nor am I denying the quality of his kernel; it's just that the first sentence is open to interpretation and can be confusing for some people. It's not about reading through the forum -- some people simply just don't get it.

Most prolific developers have a basic op that they copy and paste. Typos and inaccuracies toward specific devices are common. Best to take what you read there as generalities and combine that with the more kernel specific thread title and changelogs... you shouldn't have any questions as to what the kernel does at that point.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Last edited:

IRIE4IPIER

Feb 25, 2009

If people go into a kernel thread and just read a few lines because they are lazy, then that is their problem. The OP clearly states CM9 and not one peep about CM10, if you. Actually read the OP, to find out all the features and advantages of the kernel, then you would know this is for CM9 only and wouldn't be confused. And you trying to correct the OP on something as little as this is disrespectful. This is a development thread as I'm sure are well aware of.

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Just downloaded...going to flash this tomorrow. Thank you!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

drewtang

Jun 29, 2010
Boise
Running it now, pretty impressive so far, snappiest my phone has felt running jb to date.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

nitefallz

Sep 26, 2006
Running latest "Team Kang & Whitehawkx's Official AOKP" from yesterday and having issues with both versions of the kernel. Some programs FC, some pop up on the screen then vanish. Wiped the cache and dalvik, booted once, let it sit for awhile, reboot and encountered the problems.

Anyone else?

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Running latest "Team Kang & Whitehawkx's Official AOKP" from yesterday and having issues with both versions of the kernel. Some programs FC, some pop up on the screen then vanish. Wiped the cache and dalvik, booted once, let it sit for awhile, reboot and encountered the problems.

Anyone else?

Try a clean install of the ROM and gapps. Let it boot up then go back into recovery and flash the kernel

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

jbzcar

Jun 8, 2007
Loved your work on my GNex, nice to see you kicking around the GSIII world.

I, being the fearless flasher that I am, went ahead and flashed this on my Verizon SGSIII. :cowboy:

I already knew that AT&T kernels worked, and since this was TMO/ATT, I thought it was worth a shot. :p

I am very pleased to report that it works great. No problems that I have been able to see thus far. :cool:

I understand you are not specifically supporting the d2vzw at this time, but if it works, it works, right?

Anyways, thanks for your work! :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

**************** JELLY BEAN ****************
    [ kernel file ]
    d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Mainline (OC'ed up to 1.62 GHz, should be 100% stable) m-version
    d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Ultimate (OC'ed up to 1.84 GHz, should be stable with most phones) u-version

http://faux.androidro.ms/d2tmo/jb42/
    http://faux.androidro.ms/d2vzw/jb42/

**************** ICE CREAM SANDWICH ****************
    [ kernel file ]
    The File ==> d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Mainline (OC'ed up to 1.62 GHz, should be 100% stable) <==

The File ==> d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Ultimate (OC'ed up to 1.84 GHz, should be stable with most phones <==

1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
    2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
    3. Open ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery" and select "OK"
    4. Once in recovery, select "wipe cache partition", select "Yes", then select "advanced", then select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", then select "Yes" again. Once finished, click the back button to go back to the main recovery menu. On that menu, select "Install Zip From SDCad", then select "Choose zip from SDCard", then go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
    5. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

[ Advanced Users: ]

[ Optional: ]

[ For Kernel Devlopers ONLY: ]

Not All CHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My github Complying with GPL and RootzWiki rulez
    biggrin.png

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Thanks] button below
    Quick Announcement:

I am redoing ALL of my SGS3 kernels.. please be patient.. "I'll be back" quoting ARRRRnold!
    Updated! CM 10.1 kernels are out!