[rom] Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 for many AllWinner A10 tablets

Search This thread

Christian Troy

Sep 25, 2008
Venice (IT)
Supported tablets

* Mediacom 907c, Momo11 Bird, JXD S9000, Eken A90 (first revision) and clones need 907c_compatibility_1.2.x.zip.
* Visture V3 and clones need visturev3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
* Mediacom 910i, Teclast A10t and clones need 910i_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
* ICOO D90W and clones need d90w_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
* CEMA10N7 "unknown" device needs cema10n7_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
* Bmorn V99 needs v99_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Mediacom 711i, Momo9 and clones need 711i_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Protab2XXL needs protab2xxl_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Sanei N83 needs n83_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)
* Hyundai A7HD needs a7hd_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* MOMO9 needs momo9_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Onda Vi40 V3 needs vi40_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* LY-F1 and clones need lyf1_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Protab2XXLv2 needs protab2xxlv2_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* TNT Singularity and clones need singularity_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Eken T01 needs t01_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Eken T02 needs t02_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Eken T05a V1 needs t05a-v1_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Eken T05a V2 needs t05a-v2_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Eken T05a V3 needs t05a-v3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Eken T05a (unknown version) needs t05a-unk_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Eken T10 needs t10_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Eken T10 with mxc622x g-sensor needs t10-2axis_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
* Sanei N10 needs n10_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)
* Onda Vi30 Deluxe V3 needs vi30-deluxe-v3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
* Onda Vi40 Ultimate needs vi40-ultimate_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
* Onda Vi10 Elite needs vi10-elite_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
* Ainol Novo7 Elf needs elf_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
* Sanei N83 Deluxe needs n83-deluxe_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)

Tablets supported with legacy support (see FAQS section for more infos)

* Mediacom 917i and 927i need 917i-927i_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
* Gemei G2 needs g2_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
* Gemei G9 (those not working fine with "regular" 907c comp zip) needs g9_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
* Sanei N90 needs n90_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
* Ainol Novo7 Aurora v1 and v2 need aurora-v1-v2_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip
* Ainol Novo7 Aurora v3 needs aurora-v3_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip
* MK802 PC-on-a-stick needs mk802_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip

You can check "testing" section of my AndroidFileHost space to find out few more tablets that require some testing to be approved

You can get them on this website

Features

* Bluetooth USB dongle support (btusb and ath3k)
* USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* OpenVPN support (tun)
* NTFS and ExFat support
* Veno congestion control algorithm
* USB audio support

Instructions

* Upload zips to MicroSD or internal memory.
* Boot into CWM keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL- (or use Novo7 tools if it doesn't work for your device)
* Select "wipe data/factory reset"
* Select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" (or "choose zip from internal sdcard" if your files are into internal memory) and flash, in this order, rom / gapps / compatibility zip
* Now go back, and select "Reboot system now"
* Enjoy cm9

Note: when you update to a newer build you don't need to do a full wipe, you just have to wipe cache and dalvik cache

Changelog

Code:
[url=http://allwinner-cm9.googlecode.com/files/cm9_nightly_20120913.zip]2012-09-13[/url]
*** This will be the latest release. Rom development is now discontinued since I moved to other SoCs ***
* Full spoof as SGS2 (GT-I9100) for better GameLoft / EA compatibility
* Fixed FC on license check of some games (specially gameloft one)
* Bluetooth dongle now supports hotplug
* Cyanogenmod's option to hide status bar now will permanently hide it (not only if the app requests the FULLSCREEN flag). You can enable/disable this option using the included ToggleBar app or checking/unchecking the option from "combined bar"'s settings.
* Added WiFi wakelock (change WiFi sleep policy to "Never" or the tablet won't sleep)
* Updated upstream sources

2012-07-21
* updated: cm9 sources

2012-07-11
* !!! WARNING !!! Compatibility zip 1.2 is required !!! WARNING !!!
* bump kernel version to 3.0.36

2012-06-24
* added: devlistener, a small daemon to set write permissions for supported usb bluetooth dongles
* removed: u3gmonitor (tell me if your 3g dongle was working with previous version and now it doesn't)
* changed: build fingerprint to match SGS2
* changed: minor change to HDMI kernel code according to a patch submitted by Quarx2k that behaviour was consuming 5-8% of cpu for nothing

2012-06-15
* Do NOT flash "fix_mxc622x.zip"! It's already included
* added "gsensor special coordinate settings" menu entry that solves problems for some gsensor in some games (note that on mxc622x many games won't work because it has only 2 axis)
* added preliminary support for usb audio playback (thanks tsynik for the hint)
* updated kernel

2012-06-10
* !!! WARNING !!! You need to download a new compatibility zip, 907c/MOMO11/S9000 users now requires one too !!! WARNING !!!
* now rom is based on the community developed 3.0.31 kernel (every tablet but A7HD that now has a "legacy" support)
* changed some "cosmetic" things like a wrong buttons layout when sysbar volume control was disabled; prevent camera app from going to fullscreen when combined bar auto-hide is enabled; add menu options to enable (default) or disable gsensor orientation when HDMI cable is plugged in; fixed (thanks turl) screen off animation
* in "Misc" section of Update Me now you'll find an "Ad-Hoc enabler" zip. Flash it if you wanna connect to adhoc network but note that you'll lose WiFi Direct capabilities, WiFi AP should work anyway

2012-06-07
* fixed: ip-up sets up NAT, now wireless tether (from tablet) works
* added: smartassV2 new default governor (not on A7HD because it uses a different kernel, read my request on slatedroid if you wanna use it
* added: volume control from system bar (it can be controlled from display settings; press "recent app" button to apply changes after toggling the checkbox)

2012-06-04
* fixed: upside down problem of hw accelerated video playback on some devices
* added: forced landscape when connected to hdmi
* changed: wifi module with powersave options enabled (you can download the one without ps capabilities from Update Me)

2012-05-31
* fixed: (hopefully) hw accelerated flash videos random issues

2012-05-29
* added: some HID kernel module to enable PS3 usb gamepads and some generic/chinese gamepads
* added: minfree to tweak ram usage according to supercharger v6 recommended value for 1 gig devices

2012-05-26
* WARNING: 910i/a10t needs compatibility zip v1.0.5; V3 needs v1.0.4
* added: usb ethernet support (I need feedbacks because I don't have any usb nic)
* added: display settings now has an "HDMI resolution" menu entry
* fixed: missing apns, now supported 3g dongles should connect out of the box
* note: while connected to HDMI you have to enable 'combined bar auto hide' from 'settings - system - combined bar' to be able to watch them in fullscreen

2012-05-24
* added: tcp veno congestion control
* added: WiFi direct
* added: WiFi AP
* added: workaround for Ad-Hoc networks (have a look at Misc section of Update Me)
* fixed: WiFi driver now loads faster

2012-05-23
* !!!!!! you have to re-download compatibility zip (hopefully for the last time) !!!!!!
* fixed: hdmi audio playback
* changed: some things in compatibility zip, a10t/v3 users report if you have gsensor issues (you shouldnt)
* changed: init.rc to make it more cm9 compatible

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?cdp3dwofstcykx5"]2012-05-22[/URL]
* !!!!!! you have to re-download compatibility zip !!!!!!
* changed: some wifi related stuff (report if it works better)
* fixed: camera recording
* fixed:/dev/ppp is now writable and pppd shouldnt bother anymore
* removed: some useless kernel module to free some space and avoid errors on devices with only 256mb of space in system partition

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?ecf72r3qkri72wv"]2012-05-21[/URL]
* added: [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acquariusoft.UpdateMe"]Update Me[/URL]
* added: stagefright video hardware acceleration (flash, etc.)
* fixed: cyanogenmod's camera app

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?ngxt7uvvr5xt46w"]2012-05-19[/url]
* fixed: UMS now handles both internal and external memories
* fixed: "reboot -> recovery" from cyanogen's power menu
* changed: kernel/modules from MOMO11 Bird 20120515 rom ([u]you have to re-download compatibility zip[/u] to match this new kernel, link's been updated)
* removed: oc_daemon from startup, if you wanna use it you have to change permissions of file /system/etc/init.d/89virtuous_oc to 755 (remember that only performance and fantasy governors are working fine, the other can cause reboots; i suggest you fantasy, it's something like interactive/smartass)

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?4wdzork5fu74soq"]2012-05-18[/url]
* Works pretty much everything, it's an almost perfect daily use build.
Known bugs:
* I had to replace Cyanogen's camera app with Allwinner's because preview frame was incredibly huge and buttons couldn't be pressed.
* When you take a picture using camera the thumbnails that appears in Gallery are corrupted, but you can use an alternative (and better) app like [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder"]QuickPic[/url] as workaround. You can even disable Gallery app and use [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad"]MX Player[/url] as video player which works pretty fine in HW mode (you don't need any codec)
* Reboot to recovery doesn't work, it just reboots the tablet.

You can see upstream changelog here

Download link

* Androidfilehost.com

Gapps

* 2012-04-29

If you have a /system partition of 300+ MB you can flash "official" gapps from goo.im/gapps, you'll have a working Face UnLock as a bonus.

FAQ

* To manage volume from the sysbar you can install this app
* Legacy compatibility zips include stock kernel with extra modules (like bluetooth, gamepads, ecc.). It's enabled for ad-hoc and wifi direct won't work. USB Audio and DVB-T kernel modules won't work either.
* Sanei N10 users (and other with "internal sdcard" on /dev/block/nandj device) can use this version of cwm.

Sources

* Github repository

Screenshot

QBbE8l.png

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbbYuciA8A

Last edited:

VincentBlack666

Sep 29, 2009
Thank you Christian,
I really appreciate your work. After flashing this rom to my tablet (yarvik gotab exxa 9.7 - 907c clone) everything works great. Its noticably smoother and more responsive. I must say i was surprised that my 3g modem, bluetooth dongle and wireless mouse finnally started working. Althought there is one small issue. When I use internet browser (opera, chrome doplhin - doesnt matter) system periodically freezes for few seconds and after a moment everything is smooth again. Its very annoying and it will be great if you could check it and let know what is going on.

Reactions: Mr.trololol
Jul 10, 2012
LY-F1 clone regression in 1.2

Hi Christian,

I have a "Tomtop C1315" that appears to be an LY-F1 clone (I have pics online but can't post links yet). It's an A721 revision of the motherboard, with 4 DRAM chips rather than the A710's two (it still has 512MB like the A710). I just installed 2012-06-24 with 1.2 compatibility. Issues:

1. No touchscreen response at all.
  2. I cannot get back into recovery using the volume-power sequence. It goes straight into normal mode.
I reinstalled with 1.1 compatibility, and saw this improvement:

1. None of the three capacitive buttons works.
  2. Same issue with entering recovery mode via volume-power sequence. (I use adb reboot recovery or the power-off soft menu.)
Otherwise, camera/wifi/auto-rotation/sound are all perfect. I diffed the 1.2 and 1.1 compatibility zips, and among the ones that are changed, only ft5x_ts.ko is loaded on my device:

Code:
shell@android:/ $ lsmod | sort                                                 
8192cu 633465 0 - Live 0xbf116000
asix 12949 0 - Live 0xbf0fd000
[B]ft5x_ts 46997 0 - Live 0xbf096000[/B]
gc0308 15063 1 - Live 0xbf0d6000
gt2005 16071 0 - Live 0xbf0de000
hid_gaff 2539 0 - Live 0xbf007000
hid_pl 2357 0 - Live 0xbf00b000
hid_sony 2377 0 - Live 0xbf00f000
mali 149934 6 - Live 0xbf064000
mcs7830 6458 0 - Live 0xbf10a000
mma7660 6853 0 - Live 0xbf0c3000
qf9700 5927 0 - Live 0xbf105000
rtl8150 10281 0 - Live 0xbf10f000
snd_hwdep 5503 1 snd_usb_audio, Live 0xbf013000
snd_rawmidi 18637 1 snd_usbmidi_lib, Live 0xbf018000
snd_usb_audio 105702 0 - Live 0xbf02c000
snd_usbmidi_lib 25207 1 snd_usb_audio, Live 0xbf021000
sun4i_csi0 29299 0 - Live 0xbf0e6000
ump 47368 11 mali, Live 0xbf052000
usbnet 16905 3 mcs7830,qf9700,asix, Live 0xbf0f3000
videobuf_core 18987 2 sun4i_csi0,videobuf_dma_contig, Live 0xbf0c9000
videobuf_dma_contig 3717 1 sun4i_csi0, Live 0xbf0d2000
xpad 9362 0 - Live 0xbf000000

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that _ts stands for "touchscreen," so I suspect the change in that driver is responsible for the touchscreen regression in 1.2.

I have full hardware compatibility with a build called ICS-Seby_0.6.5_12.06.2012, but that one's available only in LiveSuit format, which is annoying if I want to keep my data. I'll re-flash that one and grab its touchscreen driver and see whether mixing/matching gives me better results. Anyway, hope this is helpful. I'd like to move over to your ROM because you stay pretty close to vanilla, use .zip update format, and put out new builds frequently. Thanks!

Christian Troy

Sep 25, 2008
Venice (IT)
because if you take a look at the OP you'll see that it says compatibility zip 1.1.x; they're for different kernel versions, of course touchscreen won't load ;)

to use capacitive buttons you have to use the comp zip another user posted on slatedroid, i've tried to use that module but touchscreen didnt work at all, btw it's minor since ICS has all the relevant stuff in the sysbar

Jul 10, 2012
because if you take a look at the OP you'll see that it says compatibility zip 1.1.x; they're for different kernel versions

I see. I misinterpreted the 1.2 series as a newer version of the 1.1 series. Thanks for the explanation!

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

to use capacitive buttons you have to use the comp zip another user posted on slatedroid, i've tried to use that module but touchscreen didnt work at all, btw it's minor since ICS has all the relevant stuff in the sysbar

Thanks for the hint. I found the long thread on SlateDroid where user neilgfoster posted a link to his lyf1_compatibility_1.1.0_NF.zip. I reinstalled your ROM, substituting that update for your 1.1, and I have everything working perfectly! I haven't tried entering recovery from the hard buttons, but even if that doesn't work, there are plenty of other ways to get into recovery, so I don't care. Thanks again!

UPDATE: For 7 July 2012 builds and later, you want compatibility 1.2, not 1.1. Fortunately neilgfoster has created a 1.2 version of his comp zip, too, so look for that one instead!

Last edited:
Reactions: Christian Troy

enomis74

Nov 20, 2010
big trouble no touchscreen

Hi I think I'm in big trouble

I have Onda elite vi40 v3

I wiped the cache and dalvin and I installed first the compatibility file and the the rom.
The system boots up but the screen is unresponsive.
How can I get into recovery now?
SC

Last edited:

Nalorokk

Mar 29, 2010
Vladivostok
After i update my device to latest version (for 1.2 compatibility), i cant find sound controls on taskbar =(. Why do you remove it?

love4chat

Mar 6, 2012
Bhiwandi
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Great Work Bro,Both AOKP N CM9 Made By U Rocks!!!

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Awesome Work Done By Troy!!!
Thanks For The CM9 Rom For My Ly-F1!!!

sas_sas

Sep 13, 2007
İzmir
SANEI N83 Deluxe

Tried to flashed several times the latest (11.07. ) CM9 did not work on my Sanei N83 Deluxe over the latest stocked Rom 4.0.3 rooted..

The both Gapps and compatibility failed the signature verification and aborted. When booted remained without touch support.

Anyway for the time being returned to stock Rom again. Not any bricking etc..

EDITED;

Re-downloaded all three zip files and flashed again and installed gapps this time successfully. But again compatibility.zip v1.2 did NOT install and when booted no touch support..
MD5 verified no problem..

What to do now ? compatibility is wrong ?

Ths in advance..

Last edited:

love4chat

Mar 6, 2012
Bhiwandi
Redmi Note 10 Pro
If (- new kernel_ and an old bug : DON'T set brightness too low, your display will go black) Happens!!!

Then What Should We Do To Just Make The Setting Proper Again And Dont Prefer To Go To CWM N Factory Reset,Please Show Any Other Way To Recover The Phone To Normal!!!

Jul 10, 2012
default.xml?

Christian, I'm thinking about a port of CM to the A10-based MK802 thumb PC, and I bet that your codebase would be a good place to start. But I wasn't able to find the root Android repository (the one containing default.xml) in your GitHub account. Do you have such a repository locally? If so, would you mind mirroring it to GitHub so that I can fork it? Otherwise I'll start with Quarx2k's repo, but I'd prefer yours because I like it more.

Christian Troy

Sep 25, 2008
Venice (IT)
there isnt, btw i had created a testing compatibility zip for mk802 but no one tested it... (i do "mount --o bind" the forked repos)

@love4chat connect it to a tv with an hdmi cable and reset brightness, it happens only on your model btw

Reactions: love4chat
Jul 10, 2012
there isnt, btw i had created a testing compatibility zip for mk802 but no one tested it... (i do "mount --o bind" the forked repos)

That's too bad about the android repo. Time for me to learn how to make one myself!

As for the mk802 compatibility zip not being tested by anyone, I wonder whether the problem was that so few people had received theirs until recently. The manufacturer wasn't expecting the high demand. I just got mine last week. Anyway, I looked at your androidfilehost.com file section and didn't see the zip anywhere; if you still have it, I'd be happy to test it.

bnmguy

Jun 20, 2010
Studio City
I have an unbranded 7" Allwinner A10 Tablet, seen at aliexpress. com/ snapshot/ 108105295 .html (sorry, I couldn't post the link, but thought it would be very useful). I actually opened the thing up to get some info on it, and I was hoping someone could recommend a Compatibility pack to flash and save me some trial and error (which I am currently doing one by one).

I know it uses the Goodix_TS, Realtec Wifi, mxc622x 2 axis sensor, 512MB DDR3 and 4G NAND. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? :)

Much appreciated if you do! If not, I'll post my results anyway. Thanks!

If a compatibility pack doesn't exist, I'll most likely figure out how to make one and then post it somewhere so others with my similar device can use it. :)

P.S.

Christian, you are the man!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Supported tablets

* Mediacom 907c, Momo11 Bird, JXD S9000, Eken A90 (first revision) and clones need 907c_compatibility_1.2.x.zip.
    * Visture V3 and clones need visturev3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * Mediacom 910i, Teclast A10t and clones need 910i_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * ICOO D90W and clones need d90w_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * CEMA10N7 "unknown" device needs cema10n7_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * Bmorn V99 needs v99_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Mediacom 711i, Momo9 and clones need 711i_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Protab2XXL needs protab2xxl_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Sanei N83 needs n83_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)
    * Hyundai A7HD needs a7hd_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * MOMO9 needs momo9_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Onda Vi40 V3 needs vi40_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * LY-F1 and clones need lyf1_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Protab2XXLv2 needs protab2xxlv2_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * TNT Singularity and clones need singularity_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T01 needs t01_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T02 needs t02_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a V1 needs t05a-v1_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a V2 needs t05a-v2_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a V3 needs t05a-v3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a (unknown version) needs t05a-unk_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T10 needs t10_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T10 with mxc622x g-sensor needs t10-2axis_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Sanei N10 needs n10_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)
    * Onda Vi30 Deluxe V3 needs vi30-deluxe-v3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Onda Vi40 Ultimate needs vi40-ultimate_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Onda Vi10 Elite needs vi10-elite_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Ainol Novo7 Elf needs elf_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Sanei N83 Deluxe needs n83-deluxe_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)

Tablets supported with legacy support (see FAQS section for more infos)

* Mediacom 917i and 927i need 917i-927i_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Gemei G2 needs g2_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Gemei G9 (those not working fine with "regular" 907c comp zip) needs g9_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Sanei N90 needs n90_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Ainol Novo7 Aurora v1 and v2 need aurora-v1-v2_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip
    * Ainol Novo7 Aurora v3 needs aurora-v3_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip
    * MK802 PC-on-a-stick needs mk802_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip

You can check "testing" section of my AndroidFileHost space to find out few more tablets that require some testing to be approved

You can get them on this website

Features

* Bluetooth USB dongle support (btusb and ath3k)
    * USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
    * Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
    * PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
    * Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
    * OpenVPN support (tun)
    * NTFS and ExFat support
    * Veno congestion control algorithm
    * USB audio support

Instructions

* Upload zips to MicroSD or internal memory.
    * Boot into CWM keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL- (or use Novo7 tools if it doesn't work for your device)
    * Select "wipe data/factory reset"
    * Select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" (or "choose zip from internal sdcard" if your files are into internal memory) and flash, in this order, rom / gapps / compatibility zip
    * Now go back, and select "Reboot system now"
    * Enjoy cm9

Note: when you update to a newer build you don't need to do a full wipe, you just have to wipe cache and dalvik cache

Changelog

Code:
    [url=http://allwinner-cm9.googlecode.com/files/cm9_nightly_20120913.zip]2012-09-13[/url]
    *** This will be the latest release. Rom development is now discontinued since I moved to other SoCs ***
    * Full spoof as SGS2 (GT-I9100) for better GameLoft / EA compatibility
    * Fixed FC on license check of some games (specially gameloft one)
    * Bluetooth dongle now supports hotplug
    * Cyanogenmod's option to hide status bar now will permanently hide it (not only if the app requests the FULLSCREEN flag). You can enable/disable this option using the included ToggleBar app or checking/unchecking the option from "combined bar"'s settings.
    * Added WiFi wakelock (change WiFi sleep policy to "Never" or the tablet won't sleep)
    * Updated upstream sources

2012-07-21

2012-07-11
    * !!! WARNING !!! Compatibility zip 1.2 is required !!! WARNING !!!
    * bump kernel version to 3.0.36

2012-06-24
    * added: devlistener, a small daemon to set write permissions for supported usb bluetooth dongles
    * removed: u3gmonitor (tell me if your 3g dongle was working with previous version and now it doesn't)
    * changed: build fingerprint to match SGS2
    * changed: minor change to HDMI kernel code according to a patch submitted by Quarx2k that behaviour was consuming 5-8% of cpu for nothing

2012-06-15
    * Do NOT flash "fix_mxc622x.zip"! It's already included
    * added "gsensor special coordinate settings" menu entry that solves problems for some gsensor in some games (note that on mxc622x many games won't work because it has only 2 axis)
    * added preliminary support for usb audio playback (thanks tsynik for the hint)
    * updated kernel

2012-06-10
    * !!! WARNING !!! You need to download a new compatibility zip, 907c/MOMO11/S9000 users now requires one too !!! WARNING !!!
    * now rom is based on the community developed 3.0.31 kernel (every tablet but A7HD that now has a "legacy" support)
    * changed some "cosmetic" things like a wrong buttons layout when sysbar volume control was disabled; prevent camera app from going to fullscreen when combined bar auto-hide is enabled; add menu options to enable (default) or disable gsensor orientation when HDMI cable is plugged in; fixed (thanks turl) screen off animation
    * in "Misc" section of Update Me now you'll find an "Ad-Hoc enabler" zip. Flash it if you wanna connect to adhoc network but note that you'll lose WiFi Direct capabilities, WiFi AP should work anyway

2012-06-07
    * fixed: ip-up sets up NAT, now wireless tether (from tablet) works
    * added: smartassV2 new default governor (not on A7HD because it uses a different kernel, read my request on slatedroid if you wanna use it
    * added: volume control from system bar (it can be controlled from display settings; press "recent app" button to apply changes after toggling the checkbox)

2012-06-04
    * fixed: upside down problem of hw accelerated video playback on some devices
    * added: forced landscape when connected to hdmi
    * changed: wifi module with powersave options enabled (you can download the one without ps capabilities from Update Me)

2012-05-31
    * fixed: (hopefully) hw accelerated flash videos random issues

2012-05-29
    * added: some HID kernel module to enable PS3 usb gamepads and some generic/chinese gamepads
    * added: minfree to tweak ram usage according to supercharger v6 recommended value for 1 gig devices

2012-05-26
    * WARNING: 910i/a10t needs compatibility zip v1.0.5; V3 needs v1.0.4
    * added: usb ethernet support (I need feedbacks because I don't have any usb nic)
    * added: display settings now has an "HDMI resolution" menu entry
    * fixed: missing apns, now supported 3g dongles should connect out of the box
    * note: while connected to HDMI you have to enable 'combined bar auto hide' from 'settings - system - combined bar' to be able to watch them in fullscreen

2012-05-24
    * added: tcp veno congestion control
    * added: WiFi direct
    * added: WiFi AP
    * added: workaround for Ad-Hoc networks (have a look at Misc section of Update Me)
    * fixed: WiFi driver now loads faster

2012-05-23
    * !!!!!! you have to re-download compatibility zip (hopefully for the last time) !!!!!!
    * fixed: hdmi audio playback
    * changed: some things in compatibility zip, a10t/v3 users report if you have gsensor issues (you shouldnt)
    * changed: init.rc to make it more cm9 compatible

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?cdp3dwofstcykx5"]2012-05-22[/URL]
    * !!!!!! you have to re-download compatibility zip !!!!!!
    * changed: some wifi related stuff (report if it works better)
    * fixed: camera recording
    * fixed:/dev/ppp is now writable and pppd shouldnt bother anymore
    * removed: some useless kernel module to free some space and avoid errors on devices with only 256mb of space in system partition

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?ecf72r3qkri72wv"]2012-05-21[/URL]
    * added: [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acquariusoft.UpdateMe"]Update Me[/URL]
    * added: stagefright video hardware acceleration (flash, etc.)
    * fixed: cyanogenmod's camera app

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?ngxt7uvvr5xt46w"]2012-05-19[/url]
    * fixed: UMS now handles both internal and external memories
    * fixed: "reboot -> recovery" from cyanogen's power menu
    * changed: kernel/modules from MOMO11 Bird 20120515 rom ([u]you have to re-download compatibility zip[/u] to match this new kernel, link's been updated)
    * removed: oc_daemon from startup, if you wanna use it you have to change permissions of file /system/etc/init.d/89virtuous_oc to 755 (remember that only performance and fantasy governors are working fine, the other can cause reboots; i suggest you fantasy, it's something like interactive/smartass)

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?4wdzork5fu74soq"]2012-05-18[/url]
    * Works pretty much everything, it's an almost perfect daily use build.
    Known bugs:
    * I had to replace Cyanogen's camera app with Allwinner's because preview frame was incredibly huge and buttons couldn't be pressed.
    * When you take a picture using camera the thumbnails that appears in Gallery are corrupted, but you can use an alternative (and better) app like [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder"]QuickPic[/url] as workaround. You can even disable Gallery app and use [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad"]MX Player[/url] as video player which works pretty fine in HW mode (you don't need any codec)
    * Reboot to recovery doesn't work, it just reboots the tablet.

You can see upstream changelog here

Download link

* Androidfilehost.com

Gapps

* 2012-04-29

If you have a /system partition of 300+ MB you can flash "official" gapps from goo.im/gapps, you'll have a working Face UnLock as a bonus.

FAQ

* To manage volume from the sysbar you can install this app
    * Legacy compatibility zips include stock kernel with extra modules (like bluetooth, gamepads, ecc.). It's enabled for ad-hoc and wifi direct won't work. USB Audio and DVB-T kernel modules won't work either.
    * Sanei N10 users (and other with "internal sdcard" on /dev/block/nandj device) can use this version of cwm.

Sources

* Github repository

Screenshot

QBbE8l.png

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbbYuciA8A
    cm10 preview 1 (requires a /system partition of at least 300M)

known bugs:
    * hw accelerated video playback (cedar libraries will not compile because some prebuilt blobs require ICS functions)
    * camera (needs cedar)
    * hdmi output (i will try to implement iy in next builds)
    * ntfs / exfat (the same as above)
    * mass-storage
    * other things i guess

flash rom + gapps + comp zip 1.2 and do a full wipe

tested on Mediacom 907c so i don't guarantee it will work on other devices, probably it will not work on devices with a "legacy" compatibility zip because the ramdisk has changed

later i'll open a dedicated thread i guess

XN6RQl.png

ps: a great thank goes to turl for his patches
    BMA250 Bosch gsensor compatibility

To users who have a Bosch BMA250 gsensor and are experiencing problems with auto-rotation. I've created a modified 907c_compatibility_1.2.x.zip file, which basically adds a compatible bma250.ko to the update package. I can get into more specifics should it be needed. So far I've only been able to test it on CM9 and my tablet (Cherry M-906). You can grab it on the link below.

Thanks to Christian Troy and all others who made CM9 happyness possible on A10 based tablets.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ebgwuv
    View attachment 907c_compatibility_1.2.1.zip
    try to change governor, maybe your device doesnt play fine with smartassV2 (try using fantasy, you can do it from performance settings without extra apps)
    Connect a mouse, keep power button pressed until the power menu pops up and then select reboot->recovery

Once in recovery flash the comp zip (and remember to flash it always after the rom)