[PORT][3.22.x EBI1/32A]Cyanogenmod 5.0.8/6.1.0 DS EBI1/32A Port [December 8]

Search This thread

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
***I have recently switched to the Nexus One but I will continue to do these Magic ports as long as there is a desire (and I have time).***

This is a thread for the port files required to use the 32B Cyanogenmod ROM on 32a/EBI1 phones. Please see the following link for details on the ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=567610

Note: Rogers users - if you find yourself without data upon flashing this ROM, use the settings found here to restore your APN.

Credit Radix for the following instructions - they are copy/pasted from his thread. Also thanks to all of devs who have contributed to the ROM scene - impossible to mention all of you, specifically Amon_RA, stericson, prash, cyanogen, riku, Radix, koush, TigerTael, haykuro, pershoot, zinx and more I am forgetting I am sure.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Please note that the following steps require that you have a recovery with the option to flash any .zip file. I recommend Amon_RAs recovery, Clockwork Recovery, or ROM Manager

NOTE: All new ports will be based on Koush's Universal update.zip. This lets you flash just a kernel and matching libs to a phone without the need for a ramdisk. Basically, it takes the ramdisk currently installed and repacks with it the new kernel.

Basically, the port packages provided from now on will port ANY ROM from 32B --> 32A/EBI1.

CM5.x (Eclair base)

Upgrade from 4.2.x Cyanogenmod ROM
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.p...or_other_rooted_ROMS_to_5.0.x(Dream/Sapphire))
Gapps Mirror: http://briancrook.ca/android/gapps/gapps-ds-ERE36B-signed.zip

CM4.2.x (Donut Base)

NEW INSTALL (ie. never installed CM 4.1.99 or greater before):
Magic Users
Rogers Dream EBI1 Users

UPGRADE INSTALL (ie. already installed 4.1.99 or greater):
Cyanogenmod Wiki

ROM Manager
1. Download ROM Manager from the market
2. Flash the ClockWork Recovery
3. Go to Download ROM > CyanogenMOD > Choose the version you want to flash.
4. Select Gapps addon (if you want Google Apps)
5. This will reboot to recovery, make a backup if requested, flash all the components and reboot.
6. Win.

Theme Support
Themes CAN be applied overtop of this ROM/Port combo. Just make sure to reboot in between the Defanged Base/update-cm-/port file step and pick a theme that corresponds to the Cyanogenmod version you are running. Keep in mind that some themes include a boot.img (no idea why...), so just keep an eye out. If you apply a theme with a 32B boot.img, just reapply the port file afterwards. If you apply a theme with a 32B boot.img, the phone will not boot past your carrier lockscreen...you can easily restart and reflash the port file. Always backup before flashing anything!!
==================================================================================================

If you would like to donate, please use the following link. Any donations are greatly appreciated :)

==================================================================================================
Port Files:

CM-6.1.0
Download: http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/bc-6.1.0-ebi1-signed.zip
md5sum

CM-6.1.0-RC1
Download: http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/bc-6.1.0-RC1-ebi1-signed.zip
md5sum
ROM Manager Web Connect

For older -test versions of ports, go to: www.briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/old

CM-6.0.0-RC1
Download: http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/bc-6.0.0-RC1-ebi1-signed.zip
md5sum

For older -test versions of ports, go to: www.briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/old

==============================================================================

CM-5.0.8
Download: http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/bc-5.0.8-ebi1-signed.zip
md5sum

==============================================================================

CM-4.2.15.1
Download: http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/bc-4.2.15.1-ebi1-signed.zip
md5sum
Iptables was left out by mistake. Tether issues should be gone.

For other port versions, go to: www.briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/old

Last edited:

Atlas24

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
can this be installed using the one click method from the unlockr.com
i have the amon ra recovery
also im on a perfect spl - do i need to change that- rookie questions i know-:confused:

KeeganX

Sep 24, 2009
Anyone else not able to access the dialer while in a phone call... or is just me?

httpftp123

Aug 25, 2009
Moving the bug I'm having from another thread to this new one, here it is:

Can somebody confirm if this is just my problem or a ROM bug?

Steps to reproduce:
1) While listening to music using bluetooth
2) Answer an incoming call
3) use the bluetooth headset to pickup phone call
4) Cannot hear any audio nor can the caller hear you talk
I loaded back an android 2.0 rom (jd02 with x3rom 32A patch) and can confirm this is NOT a problem.

I also tried loading back 4.2.5 cyanogen and its a problem there as well.

Anybody can verify with there ROM or have a clue whats going on?

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto

Steps to reproduce:
I loaded back an android 2.0 rom (jd02 with x3rom 32A patch) and can confirm this is NOT a problem.

I cant confirm, I dont have the proper bluetooth stuff. have you checked the cyanogen bugtracker?

ma678

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto, ON
I have a few issues after updating from 4.2.5 without wiping.

1. GPS kept losing signal during navigation.
2. Lost three 888 xxxxxxx call receptions today.
3. My wife complained she heard horrible static noises each time when I changed locations. For example, when I moved from outside to inside my building or I stepped out of my truck.
4. I couldn't listen to my voicemail through GV. FC every time.

The rest work great. The rebooting time is super fast.

Thank you so much, guys.

gleonard3

Steps to reproduce:

I believe I suffer from this issue as well, or at least something related. This was also happening on 4.2.5, but was perfect on my previous ROM, MyHero.

In my case I use a mini USB Y-Splitter adapter in the car: one end goes to the mini-USB cigarette lighter charger, the other to a 3.5mm jack for the AUX-IN in my car stereo. This way I can listen to Pandora or whatever over the stereo. If I answer a call in this setup the other party cannot hear me. Similarly I cannot speak any Google searches, or use Shazam, or anything that requires my microphone to work. I was hoping this release would fix it. Evidently not.

As stated, worked great with MyHero. *sigh*

No one else could confirm this as an issue before, so I thought I was alone... maybe still am...

sleepymatt

Nov 12, 2009
Vancouver
Newbie here

I'm confused as to what the differences are between the kernel port files and why it matters which one you choose?

Last edited:

cavlovic

Jun 19, 2009
Podgorica

Steps to reproduce:

I listen to music in my car audio which is connected to my phone via BT (music from my phone). When someone calls i just pick up call and talk through built in car system. After the call, music just continues playing.

nmesisca

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2007
Dublin
Newbie here

I'm confused as to what the differences are between the kernel port files and why it matters which one you choose?

they 'adapt' to the roms for which they are written, allowing 32a owners to flash 32b roms on their devices.
you dont really have a choice on which port file to install. there is only one (generally) for each version of a rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bc-6.1.0-ebi1-signed.zip is not a ROM it is a port file. You need to flash the ROM then the port file. There is a link in the OP. Also, there is no need to rename it to update.zip anymore.