Disappointed with Camera, suggest alternate cameras apps

Search This thread

honest1212

Oct 26, 2007
Had purchased this phone with lot of expectations about OIS camera but unfortunately the camera itself is capable bug LG provided with not a great camera app.
Now I know that there are mods available which to some extent improve the quality of photos but still its not upto the mark.
Now I want to know whether you are using any good camera app which you consider gives better result than the stock camera?
Looking forward to your suggestions.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
Had purchased this phone with lot of expectations about OIS camera but unfortunately the camera itself is capable bug LG provided with not a great camera app.
Now I know that there are mods available which to some extent improve the quality of photos but still its not upto the mark.
Now I want to know whether you are using any good camera app which you consider gives better result than the stock camera?
Looking forward to your suggestions.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
I personally think the camera itself is great piece of hardware, the software is on the other hand, however, as many reported (and I agreed) the IQ (image quality) when taking in the good light source is super. In another hand, when taking under low light condition, it's crap.
There is a modded version of it, if yours is rooted, give it a try.
I tend not to install 3rd party app.

gummybear00

Jul 8, 2012
I've tried the camera on stock lg rom and 4.4.2 on PA, both pictures look terrible compared to the Nexus 5's camera with HDR mode.

lionheart2092

Jan 23, 2014
Random noobs that flame a device they buy. I never understand people buying a phone and just complains.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

personally i think the camera is pretty decent on the g2 id imagine the lumia ones are better obviously but fail to see another phone thats better than the g2's

Reactions: TheHaso

gummybear00

Jul 8, 2012
lmao. random noobs who haven't even used the other device talking about comparison? what do you know? nothing.. keep theorycrafting.

the nexus 5 has an optimized camera app that has better image stabilization and HDR+ mode that actually works by taking 5 pictures and combining it into a much crisper picture compared to normal mode. the HDR mode in the G2 looks practically the same in terms of sharpness and quality.

krichek

Oct 1, 2008
I've tried the camera on stock lg rom and 4.4.2 on PA, both pictures look terrible compared to the Nexus 5's camera with HDR mode.

I'm the opposite heh, I returned my Nexus 5 and picked up a G2 and think the pictures from the G2 look considerably better, in anything but great lightning. Outside with great lighting I think both create very good photos. Additionally, while the software part on the G2 isn't great it's still well ahead of the camera software on the Nexus, which is about as bare bones basic as you can get.

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
lmao. random noobs who haven't even used the other device talking about comparison? what do you know? nothing.. keep theorycrafting.

the nexus 5 has an optimized camera app that has better image stabilization and HDR+ mode that actually works by taking 5 pictures and combining it into a much crisper picture compared to normal mode. the HDR mode in the G2 looks practically the same in terms of sharpness and quality.

I have tried both phones. One does not need to be Einstein to see the difference.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I have tried both phones. One does not need to be Einstein to see the difference.

I think it actually only uses 3 pictures though. But not sure. I saw in a review that it uses 3 with 4.4.2 to make it faster a little. But it still turns out great. I personally can't see the difference in pictures unless placed side by side but that's just me I think since I don't really pay too close detail.

One thing I want to say is video on the nexus 5 is terrible unless full day light and even then not very good. It darkens it so much (which I think is software) but it's practically unusable with out lots of light because of that. Hopefully Google fixes that

Sent from my white LG Nexus 5

snake2332

Dec 26, 2010
Montana
Is the image stabilization a hardware feature? Like, in the VS980 version of the G2, does image stabilization work when using AOSP-based KitKat roms and the default AOSP camera?

D3VICE

Dec 4, 2010
Grozny
The Lenovo Supercamera or whatever it's called will blow you away mate.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/szwk43z5gio6b37/Super Camera.apk

That one is in my Dropbox, it's the same APK from the thread in Apps & Games section.
I think they renamed it to Lenovo SNAPit too, not sure.

Change it to 13MP in the settings menu too, because it's set lower as default.

Here are some shots I just took (huge images)
https://hostr.co/file/zukavQ8oIGG9/2014222105859.jpg
https://hostr.co/file/bRNv2kfDSXsr/2014222105913.jpg
https://hostr.co/file/jl9OeLx4HQxK/2014222110042.jpg

Not a photographer so they might look ****, I don't know lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using Focal camera (from the ex-CyanogenMod app :) ). Great UI and features. Still beta, but no lags for me)
    Random noobs that flame a device they buy. I never understand people buying a phone and just complains.

personally i think the camera is pretty decent on the g2 id imagine the lumia ones are better obviously but fail to see another phone thats better than the g2's