glossyx1

Apr 7, 2009
in my mind
READ THIS FIRST

Finally Working Bluetooth problem

For ATOM/ATOM PURE ONLY

Download link moved to post #2

Step by step upgrading
NOTE: These steps only apply if you have an ATOM/ATOM Pure.

Basically, there are three steps to flash a custom ROM to your ATOM.

1. Choose and download your choice of custom ROMs
2. Flash the custom ROM to your Atom using the Device Software Update Utility (DSSU)
3. Flash the custom ROM using MiniSD

Preparation
Backup your personal information using a program such as PIM Backup (freeware). Also make sure your phone has at least a 50% charge. You need M$ ActiveSync 4.5 for XP or Windows Mobile Device Center for VISTA and 7 to upgrade your device through PC.
Please read through this guide and download the all the necessary files beforehand. That way, you know exactly what you're getting into.

Choose and download your custom ROM
There are many, many custom ROMs out there for the Atom.
Look through the threads and find a ROM that you like. Custom ROMs differ in their preinstalled software, system settings, performance tweaks, and more.
ROMs usually come compressed in a .zip file. Extract the downloaded ROM file to somewhere on your hard drive temporarily in preparation for the next step.

Flash Custom ROM Using DSSU
Copy the custom ROM file (usually came with 6 files) to C:\WINDOWS\Temp folder you just extracted.
Once you've got everything hooked up correctly, run the Device Software Update Utility (DSSU).exe program inside of the C:\WINDOWS\Temp folder you just copied. Follow the onscreen instructions to flash the custom ROM to your phone. Reboot your phone at the end and you're finished. Enjoy the new custom ROM!

In case you can't update the ATOM in active mode, you may need to update by entering bootloader mode. Hold the down power and camera button and use your stylus to press reset button at the same time until you see monochrome bootloader screen. Then connect your phone via USB cable to your computer.
Follow the onscreen instructions to flash the custom ROM to your phone. Reboot your phone at the end and you're finished. Enjoy the new custom ROM!

Flash Custom ROM Using MiniSD
*Not recommended
Here's the step how to flash your Atom using MiniSD.

1. Extract downloaded custom ROM to somewhere on your harddrive.
2. Cut first 12byte header of diskimage_Ver.nb0 using hex editor.
3. Rename diskimage_Ver.nb0 to diskimg.nb0
4. Rename ExtendedROM.img to extended.img
4. Copy both files diskimg.nb0 and extended.img to your miniSD

Now, hold the down power and camera button and use your stylus to press reset button at the same time until you see monochrome bootloader screen. The Atom will flash the new ROM automaically. Once it done, setup the device and enjoy the new custom ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 944
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 853
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 625
  • Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 662
  • Screenshot_11.png
    Screenshot_11.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:

glossyx1

Apr 7, 2009
in my mind
Big thanks to HelloWorld, W@pVirus, Tj's and all atom tester...

WM6.5
Build 28205
Mediafire Clean-New UI 04/23/2010

Build 21895
Mediafire Clean 04/15/2010
Mediafire Neo Shadow 04/15/2010

Build 23016
Mediafire Clean 02/15/2010
Mediafire Neo Shadow (Bluetooth not Working) 02/12/2010

WM6.1 latest WM6.1 Core OS
Build 21056
Mediafire Clean 03/08/2010
4Shared Mirror, thanks to Vincentshjuan

Build 21054
Mediafire Clean 02/19/2010

Upgrade instruction:
Download and execute downloaded file, if something goes wrong, extract it and copy all files to C:\Windows\temp.
If you already running wm61 or wm65 go for OS+ExtendedROM, for wm5 user go for ALL option.

Not expected for DONATION, but always appreciated it.

Last edited:

vincentshjuan

Nov 23, 2009
PJ
Thanks Glossy.....wow first one in line..........

Downloading now and will flash it later.....will update you from the try outs.

Good work though!

vincentshjuan

Nov 23, 2009
PJ
Gloss,

Tried for half a day now, this is what I have :
- overall, this built is much better than the previous, in terms of memory and battery
- overall functions and programs ran smoothly and no problems
- calls and receiving calls all good
- I can't seem to set the ringer mode to ring and vibrate but the phone by default now will ring and vibrate even if not set for vibrate, so no complains there
- persian blue works nicely to compensate for WM6.5 not able to locate any bluetooth device to beam
- Tested and still unable to sync/add more than 2 bluetooth devices, but at least I managed to get activesync working and also my handsfree, that's all I want anyway.
- taps and display are all fast, no issues there.
- booting from hard and soft reset are coming up nicely now
- one advice for user of this ROM is don't try to unlock the Extended ROM and use, the Extended ROM not very stable and when it crash, you will have problem reseting and booting your device, takes a long time and a few soft resets

But overall for me, this is a good, clean and stable ROM(forgetting about the bluetooth issue). Thanks to Glossyx1 and Helloworld1.............
Let's hope someone comes up with a permanent fix for the bluetooth issue, then this will be the defacto WM6.5 for Atom's!

glossyx1

Apr 7, 2009
in my mind
Gloss,

Tried for half a day now, this is what I have :
- overall, this built is much better than the previous, in terms of memory and battery
- overall functions and programs ran smoothly and no problems
- calls and receiving calls all good
- I can't seem to set the ringer mode to ring and vibrate but the phone by default now will ring and vibrate even if not set for vibrate, so no complains there
- persian blue works nicely to compensate for WM6.5 not able to locate any bluetooth device to beam
- Tested and still unable to sync/add more than 2 bluetooth devices, but at least I managed to get activesync working and also my handsfree, that's all I want anyway.
- taps and display are all fast, no issues there.
- booting from hard and soft reset are coming up nicely now
- one advice for user of this ROM is don't try to unlock the Extended ROM and use, the Extended ROM not very stable and when it crash, you will have problem reseting and booting your device, takes a long time and a few soft resets

But overall for me, this is a good, clean and stable ROM(forgetting about the bluetooth issue). Thanks to Glossyx1 and Helloworld1.............
Let's hope someone comes up with a permanent fix for the bluetooth issue, then this will be the defacto WM6.5 for Atom's!

What do you mean by unlock the EXTENDEDRom? I use this ROM for several days and found no problem on my device. Now I uninstalled PersianBluetooth to save more memory.

Did you found another issue? Has anyone else try this ROM?

cwiggler

Jan 13, 2007
I am in the road right now and im gonna try it tonight when i got home. one thing i would like to know if it is possible to install Spb Mobile Shell (current version is 3.5) and install MSkip ProPlus Elegance skin since I like this skin so much? if it is possible, what is the xda atom resolution based on the list QVGA, WQVGA, VGA, WVGA? sorry not familiar with and this is a bit off topic but I am consider sticking on this rom until such time that there is a solution for the bluetooth issue.

glossyx1

Apr 7, 2009
in my mind
I am in the road right now and im gonna try it tonight when i got home. one thing i would like to know if it is possible to install Spb Mobile Shell (current version is 3.5) and install MSkip ProPlus Elegance skin since I like this skin so much? if it is possible, what is the xda atom resolution based on the list QVGA, WQVGA, VGA, WVGA? sorry not familiar with and this is a bit off topic but I am consider sticking on this rom until such time that there is a solution for the bluetooth issue.

Waiting for your feed. I'm not tested yed to install SPB mobile, but there's no issue when I install another cab application. You have to try it by your self and give us a report. ATOM is QVGA device. thanks

vincentshjuan

Nov 23, 2009
PJ
Gloss,

What I mean by unlocking the Ext ROM is that I installed the unlock extended cab file so that the Ext ROM will be visible via file explorer or Resco explorer. Unless the cab I am using is not working properly for WM6.5(it's meant for WM6) but after I unlock it and became visible, I installed a few application on the Ext ROM to try, it was working fine until I need to soft reset the device(as some application do), then the Ext ROM is no longer visible and takes a long time to reboot(think OS can't get at the Ext ROM). Well, other issues is as my previous post, the ring mode can't set to ring and vibrate but it vibrates anyway. Then the same problem with bluetooth not able to add more than 2 devices still there. Otherwise I would say all is prefect.
As for SPB Mobile Shell, I tried installing it before under Helloworld's ROM(21869) before but does not work. The application installed okay but just could not get it to run, do not know why? Maybe some software conflict?

vincentshjuan

Nov 23, 2009
PJ
Add application

Hi Gloss,

Where or how can I add applications(.exe) manually in WM6 to the program or Today menu section? Is there a way? I am trying to add some other application like Torch Light, Chess games etc.

So far so good your ROM........(up till now)....

Vince

glossyx1

Apr 7, 2009
in my mind
Gloss,

What I mean by unlocking the Ext ROM is that I installed the unlock extended cab file so that the Ext ROM will be visible via file explorer or Resco explorer. Unless the cab I am using is not working properly for WM6.5(it's meant for WM6) but after I unlock it and became visible, I installed a few application on the Ext ROM to try, it was working fine until I need to soft reset the device(as some application do), then the Ext ROM is no longer visible and takes a long time to reboot(think OS can't get at the Ext ROM). Well, other issues is as my previous post, the ring mode can't set to ring and vibrate but it vibrates anyway. Then the same problem with bluetooth not able to add more than 2 devices still there. Otherwise I would say all is prefect.
As for SPB Mobile Shell, I tried installing it before under Helloworld's ROM(21869) before but does not work. The application installed okay but just could not get it to run, do not know why? Maybe some software conflict?

I see, you can't unlock the EXTRom as it is configured automatically in a file named config.txt. So, every chef has configured it depend on what it is configured in config.txt to EXTRom. Another thing, don't ever use other EXTrom but what is it included on ROM package, it wont work.

For the Ring mode, I can set it as usual in ring mode. Just go to setting->sound and notification->incoming call. Not working???:confused: Try this, set to ring and vibrate, restart and set to ring.

Bluetooth??? Need some magic:D

I just tried to install SPB 3.5 and it works as well

Hi Gloss,

Where or how can I add applications(.exe) manually in WM6 to the program or Today menu section? Is there a way? I am trying to add some other application like Torch Light, Chess games etc.

So far so good your ROM........(up till now)....

Vince

No you cant, while run standalone application (.exe) you wont see any shorcut because it not registered to registry and doesn't have any shortcut (lnk). You can try to build CAB file and set all shortcut in (initflash.txt) for eq to put TorchLight.exe then write it down Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\"):-File("Torch.lnk","\Windows\TorchLight.lnk"), it will show Torch on Start Menu->Programs:D

Try this to make a CAB file http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=400221

Last edited:

vincentshjuan

Nov 23, 2009
PJ
Yeap, learned that after unlocking it today....had to reflash again and the 2nd time I did not unlock it, all fine after that. I was hoping to use some of the available memory on Ext ROM, so no choice then.
Thanks for the link for making cab, will go thru the thread and learn some cab making...

Cheers and keep at it......good ROM there.....clean and stable! The way it should be!

glossyx1

Apr 7, 2009
in my mind
Yeap, learned that after unlocking it today....had to reflash again and the 2nd time I did not unlock it, all fine after that. I was hoping to use some of the available memory on Ext ROM, so no choice then.
Thanks for the link for making cab, will go thru the thread and learn some cab making...

Cheers and keep at it......good ROM there.....clean and stable! The way it should be!

Thanks, glad to hear you'd loved the ROM.:D

cwiggler

Jan 13, 2007
Hello glossyx1, i successfully flash my atom and i loved it. one thing that i encountered is that my screen goes to color white. so i need to soft reset but after a few minutes it goes to white screen again. any solution? tnx

glossyx1

Apr 7, 2009
in my mind
Hello glossyx1, i successfully flash my atom and i loved it. one thing that i encountered is that my screen goes to color white. so i need to soft reset but after a few minutes it goes to white screen again. any solution? tnx

It usual happen while atom run out of memory. My ROM preinstalled with PersianBluetooth, when you try to install custom home screen eq SPB then your screen goes white. Here is a tip for you: Try to remove PersianBlue and see what happen. I'm not recommended to use any custom Home Today screen because WM6.5 use more resource than you can expected.

So bluetooth handfree is not working again:(:confused:

I don't have any bluetooth device, test it by your self and give me feedback.

Cheers...

vincentshjuan

Nov 23, 2009
PJ
Dragon,

Bluetooth handsfree is fine, working. Only issue is choose your bluetooth devie wisely as you can only add 2 bluetooth device only at the moment. So for me, luckily 2 is just enough, one for activesync and one for handfree(bluetooth). The reason is after you added the 2nd bluetooth device, you can't see add new device tap anymore.

Good luck....