GLASS on GLASS screen protector

Search This thread

VonEsch

Dec 31, 2010
Ventura, CA
I have a speck case over my glass and it holds on the sides. Only thing I don't like is it looks like it's slowly coming off the sides. Never adhered right by the speaker and I'm starting to doubt the oleophobic claim. This thing is a smudge magnet I am constantly cleaning. On the bright side, when it is clean it looks good. Never gets pulled up by stylus like the zagg did. After a month I still enjoy my decision to get it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA
I have a speck case over my glass and it holds on the sides. Only thing I don't like is it looks like it's slowly coming off the sides. Never adhered right by the speaker and I'm starting to doubt the oleophobic claim. This thing is a smudge magnet I am constantly cleaning. On the bright side, when it is clean it looks good. Never gets pulled up by stylus like the zagg did. After a month I still enjoy my decision to get it

After two weeks mine was unbearable. Top left corner randomly formed a bubble that traveled more than half way down the length of the screen.
And yes, it is quite a finger print magnet. I'm reapply not very satisfied, I could deal with the finger prints but not the bubble.

Sent from my supercharged Galaxy Note!
If I helped you, please hit my thanks.
Go Here and make a difference! Do it for Emily and Joe!

JGuinan007

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Best screen protector I ever got

This is the most expensive screen protector I have ever got but it is well worth it. I've had mine on for 2 months now with no issues still looks great no bubbles not even a small scratch it does get smudged from my greasey face though but a quick wipe and it's pretty again. It was easy to install too, I went to the most dust free room (my bath room) cleaned the screen and accidently dropped it on (instead of putting the bottom edge on 1st and using the squeegy) I freaked out for a sec and saw that the air bubbles slowly pushing out to the sides til they were mostly all gone then I pressed out the rest the next morning they were all gone and it looks perfect. I will have one of these on every phone for the rest of my life!:D

jnguyen37

Apr 29, 2012
I recently order this case and the first one I received was defective. They had 3 white smudges in the adhesive for some reason but luckily SPG replaced it.

The second one went on perfect except I installed it a little different. I sprayed on soap/warm water solution like those protectors you buy from the best buy protector. It actually still worked and ease the install for me but I don't recommend it. I don't know if it messes up the adhesive anyway but it worked for me

Using this screen protector for a week. Love it so far.

Did not adhere correctly just above the speaker. I also saw something similar on a Zagg protector. Still, worth it so far.

I do wonder what will happen after I start removing the case and putting it back on (to get access to the sim slot and battery). Hopefully it won't affect the edges of the protector.

VonEsch

Dec 31, 2010
Ventura, CA
Using this screen protector for a week. Love it so far.

Did not adhere correctly just above the speaker. I also saw something similar on a Zagg protector. Still, worth it so far.

I do wonder what will happen after I start removing the case and putting it back on (to get access to the sim slot and battery). Hopefully it won't affect the edges of the protector.

I have to take my case off for cleaning, some headphones, or if I don't want to go around with a mangled speck case. Glass stays on. I just take my time getting it out, and working it back in

faded03cobra

Mar 23, 2012
Seems like I'm the minority, but I've had such a bad experience with this protector. After a month of use it started lifting in the corners, so I ordered another and same thing after a week. Looked fantastic before I started having issues.

cgibsong002

Apr 12, 2011
PA

Anyone try the reiko case with this? Just got my reiko case tonight as well and at first thought it fit no problem, then after removing it noticed the edges of the SP weren't adhered. Not sure if this is something I didn't notice before, or more likely that the case caused this. Not sure why though as it appears like all the case would do is be pushing down completely perpendicular to the screen.

Just an update on this. The protector managed to re adhere itself around the edges. It's now weeks later and there are no bubbles anywhere on my screen. So that kind of invalidates the claim that any lack of adhesion around the edges will spread... Just the opposite in my case.

Sent from my Samsung Nizzote

nystreak

Nov 28, 2011
Vestal, NY
How does it hold up with s-pen usage. I have an ultra olephobic on my note that's starting to look terrible from draw something pics.

jawain

Apr 3, 2012
Afghanistan
How does it hold up with s-pen usage. I have an ultra olephobic on my note that's starting to look terrible from draw something pics. <br />
<br />
The s pen slides like butter with this screen protector part of the main reason I purchased it was sick of my s pen sticking. On another note who has successfully re applied this screen I'm curious to knowif it can be done.

Sent from my supercharged I717 Hybrid

Will someone hit my thanks meter I think mine is broken

ducksauce88

Jan 6, 2012
I have this for my note and my ipad, well i did for my ipad. I will forever put this screen protector on my devices. I dropped my ipad about 4 feet onto some concrete and there wasn't a scratch on my screen. However, my glas.t was ruined. It def served its purpose. You see my video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kxplm9AT2k&sns=em
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

scheel78

Dec 25, 2007
Just my glas t on about 15 minutes ago. When on without problems. No raised edges or bubbles. My tpu case fits nicely over the edge of the screen.

One month later the glas t is doing great. No scratches, bubbles or lifting up of the edges. it is a fingerprint magnet though. Worth the money.

dvd7000

Apr 7, 2012
LG V20
Google Pixel 3 XL
What Type of Adhesive is on Side 2?

I bought this from Amazon 30 days ago, and just installed it last night. Prepped the screen surface with the alcohol swab, and lint free wipe. Made sure there was no dust particles before applying.

Removed the "side 2" plastic film and carefully lined it up the best I could and let it make contact. Without even touching it further, I could see the adhesion process begin. But then I immediately noticed that it wasn't perfectly centered, so before pressing it down with the squeegee, I lifted it up carefully by the sides, and repositioned it better. After double checking to make sure I was satisfied with the alignment, I proceeded to smooth 2 air bubbles out with the squeegee.

Looks perfect except for a very small area in the lower right hand corner (which does not affect the viewing screen area) that appears not to have adhered properly. If I hold it down for a few minutes with my thumb and fore finger, it looks better, but then, a few minutes later, it reverts back to the previous state. So far, this area has not grown any larger.

I read in this thread that someone has removed it and re applied it successfully 10 times! Isn't the adhesive only supposed to be good for one application? What would using a "dab of soap" do?

And if there is a special adhesive, what is it? Can it be purchased somewhere and used to make the sticky side sticky (like new) again?

Shovelhead84

Jul 27, 2008
I never use phone cases and never will, but I have always appreciated a good screen protector. After about two weeks, this is my favorite protector yet. It just doesn't look or feel like there is a screen protector on the phone. It is functionally and aesthetically pleasing.

I would not consider this protector as an option for any other phone using a normal touch screen. This just works with the S Pen and I appreciate it for that. Without that feature, the price is obnoxious. I consider the protector a single use item and will not buy a second if this one fails or sacrifices itself for the greater good of my device.

Bring the price down to $25 or below and you have a repeat customer over here.

It has been 2 weeks since my post and 4 weeks total with the protector on. Still extremely happy with the product. No complaints yet.

slowpc

Sep 29, 2010
W.S -=- NC
Yea , had the power issue peeling up area problem ... lots of p's there. So emailed them and they are sending me another one for free. ... Super happy now.

modmyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Northford, CT
Just under 2 months of using mine. I was extremely happy with it up until about 10 days ago wben is started to separatd from the device. And not even alo.g the egde I now have a bubble about 30mm x 8mm and another that's about 5mm x 5mm. It appears that the adhesive is just leaving the areas.

BE WARNED- If you did not puchase from Spigen directly..... You WILL NOT recieve any type of warranty service.

At the rate of failue, I should have to pull it off in about a week due to screen clarity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

slowpc

Sep 29, 2010
W.S -=- NC
I ordered via amazon and their store with no problem with my exchange. If you ordered from them that way you are good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/sa...tor-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass-series.html

It's a screen protector that's actually made out of glass.

It's been chemically treated to resist scratches and fingerprints.

Ships out next week.... Was thinking about getting one....

Here's the review for the iphone version of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51flspqzOig

It's 0.5 mm so maybe certain cases won't fit
    I wonder though if the thickness would affect the sensitivity of the pen? Those of u checking this out let us know

Common misconception.

The screen itself does not detect pressure from the S Pen. It uses electromagnetic resonance. This means that what affects the levels of pressure are in the S Pen itself. The S Pen is powered by resonant coupling to my understanding.

What does this mean for us? Screen protectors of any size.

Try it for yourself. you can draw through cardboard and even hover paper 1cm ABOVE the screen. Scribble on that paper and you'll see that it write below.

Awesome tech :D
    It is Amazon's responsibility. It's an item listed as a prime item. If it were an item that was sold with shipping costs, then it would be different. Several threads ago someone posted a protector that was shipped out used and abused. The buyer reported it to Amazon and got a full refund. The Amazon representative divulged the fact that Amazon has been having issued with SGP as a vendor. I think this says everything about SGP. Overpriced junk...

I'll stick to Sedio or Trident from now on

Yeah, that was me that got the protector that had been used. But, I didn't damage it on purpose and then tell Amazon it was stolen. What I did is what should have been done. I contacted Amazon, returned the originally received product and they sent the replacement with free one-day shipping.

They can deal with their supplier on their own. They'll send the bad protector back and they'll get their money back from SGP. In fact, Amazon probably has an agreement in place with SGP that allots a certain amount of money paid to Amazon to account for chargebacks or RTVs or damage units.

What you did does no one any good. Amazon can't go to SGP about this at all because they don't have it since you didn't return it. You reported it stolen, so all they can do is place an insurance claim against it, which accomplishes nothing, except you got your intentionally damaged screen protector for free.

Anyway, back on topic:
    Has anyone found a nice case that sits over top the edges of the glass?
    I just got mine and it was really easy to put it on. It looks perfect. Hands down the best screen shield. Nothing feels better than glass. I have my note in an alumimun bumper and have no problems. S-Pen works and have no problems using the phone. Highly recommended.