[SOLVED] HELP! Xperia T does not boot after JB update

Search This thread

gabzki

Feb 2, 2013
I updated my Sony Xperia T to 4.1.2 a few hours ago via PC Companion 2.1. Everything was good until I restarted my phone and it got stuck in the screen with white triangle and blue bar (after the Sony logo). I waited but nothing happens.

I've tried to force restart using power button + volume up (switching off using the power button alone doesn't respond) several times but it still get stuck in the same screen. I was able to repair it using PC companion and SEUS (both were successful) but when I turned on the phone the problem still persists. Restarted several times but to no avail. I cannot use my phone right now. :(

What seems to be the problem?

My phone is less than a week old, unlocked, stock and not rooted. :( I will try to flash 4.0.4 back using flashtool coz it was working fine before the JB update.

Last edited:

gabzki

Feb 2, 2013
I updated my Sony Xperia T to 4.1.2 a few hours ago via PC Companion 2.1. Everything was good until I restarted my phone and it got stuck in the screen with white triangle and blue bar (after the Sony logo). I waited but nothing happens.

I've tried to force restart using power button + volume up (switching off using the power button alone doesn't respond) several times but it still get stuck in the same screen. I was able to repair it using PC companion and SEUS (both were successful) but when I turned on the phone the problem still persists. Restarted several times but to no avail. I cannot use my phone right now. :(

What seems to be the problem?

My phone is less than a week old, unlocked, stock and not rooted. :( I will try to flash 4.0.4 back using flashtool coz it was working fine before the JB update.

Update: I flashed .233 using flashtool but still the same. Is my phone bricked? :(

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia
Re: [Q] HELP! Xperia T does not boot after JB update

Flash a 303 firmware in flashtool instead of pc companion it never gets stuck for me weird some people have these problems

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

segataj

Apr 24, 2010
Any news on that? i have exactly the same problem after flashing with PCCompanion.

crazymister

Sep 18, 2010
Almere
Sony Xperia 1 II
Sony Xperia 1 IV

Any news on that? i have exactly the same problem after flashing with PCCompanion.

Just leave it be, plugged to the charger. I've heard of cases were it too about 3 hours to compete

Did I help? Please press the thanks button

Sent from my Xperia T (LT30P) using XDA premium

Reactions: segataj

mpiekp

Mar 23, 2011

I had this before, when going from 303 to 195.
Flash back the exact last full firmware you had prior to jb, if it was custom use the ftf the Rom is based on, it should boot, reset, then do the update again.
It took 35 mins to complete, I thought it was dead, once you get that screen, do not interrupt it or it can't complete and you need to start again.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Reactions: segataj

gabzki

Feb 2, 2013
OK, I was able to fix it and replicate it once but there's no certainty that it will not happen again once I restart the phone.

Here's what I did...

Since .233 did not work, I tried flashing the older firmware which is .303 - It worked!

I tried flashing .233 again to test if it has something to do with the firmware but it flashed without any problems!

I checked with PC companion to update to 4.1.2 but no update is available (since I used the UK firmware) so I flashed using the ftf file (.489) found here - it successfully flashed to 4.1.2!

HOWEVER, when the phone restarted (after inserting the sim card) and that's when the problem happened again! It stuck on the same screen. That's how I first encountered the problem earlier - the first reboot after updating caused for the phone to get stuck to that screen with white triangle and blue bar.

So I repeated the same process again (flashed .303 but skipped .233) then flashed .489 successfully but I DECIDED NOT TO RESTART THE PHONE this time. I'm not an expert so I don't know what's the cause of this??

My phone is working fine right now. Probably I will try to reboot the phone after 3 days to see if the issue comes back again.

Last edited:

gabzki

Feb 2, 2013

Did the problem occur right after you updated? Or when you rebooted the phone for the first time after the update?

Mine was ok whether I updated via PC Companion or flashtool - the problem only happened when I restarted the phone for the first time after the update. So I tried not to reboot the phone on my third attempt. It's working fine now on 4.1.2. (as long as i don't restart it probably).

You can try the process I explained above and let us know!

c1-p8

Did the problem occur right after you updated? Or when you rebooted the phone for the first time after the update?

Mine was ok whether I updated via PC Companion or flashtool - the problem only happened when I restarted the phone for the first time after the update. So I tried not to reboot the phone on my third attempt. It's working fine now on 4.1.2. (as long as i don't restart it probably).

You can try the process I explained above and let us know!

I've the same problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/inagohwprijvc31/2013-02-02 10.27.02.jpg

I don't want void warranty... what can I do? :(

Last edited:

Samper27

Feb 3, 2013
Fix to get JB Running

I had the exact same problem, a white triangle after flashing the JB update.

Here's how I solved it:

1. Flash a .303 stock firmware
2. Turn on your phone without Sim card and without MicroSD
3. Complete the Setup Guide (just pass the 7 steps).
4. Get Ready to flash the JB update (.489 I think)
5. EXCLUDE BASEBAND BEFORE FLASHING IT
6. It should work now (is working perfectly on my Xperia T since yesterday)

If this helps you, hit the thanks button, I'm trying to build a reputation here ;)

gabzki

Feb 2, 2013

Here's how I solved it:

If this helps you, hit the thanks button, I'm trying to build a reputation here ;)

I mentioned in my process above that I will wait for 3 days before restarting the phone but I did it anyway to test your process. It didn't work for me.

I followed ALL the steps but after the phone restarted (when sim card was inserted) it got stuck on the same screen again. Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Looks like I'm gonna stay with .233 for now until this gets resolved.

gabzki

Feb 2, 2013
The solution for white triangle is, like DooMLoRD said, formating internal storage

How do we do that in JB?

I noticed that after I flashed the .303 firmware the phone asks that internal storage be formatted (there's a notification in the notification bar). So I did that. But after updating to 4.1.2 the problem repeats again after the first reboot (stuck in the screen with white triangle).

gabzki

Feb 2, 2013
Sounds like my problem has been solved. :good:

I repeated the process by Samper27 (except that I didn't remove the sim card; I don't have an sd card).

After updating to 4.1.2 I cleared the internal storage via the settings and performed a factory data reset - my phone restarted without any problems. I could switch it on and off now without getting stuck in that screen.

Last edited:

Samper27

Feb 3, 2013
Great!

I repeated the process by Samper27 (except that I didn't remove the sim card; I don't have an sd card).

After updating to 4.1.2 I cleared the internal storage via the settings and performed a factory data reset - my phone restarted with any problems. I could switch it on and off now without getting stuck in that screen.

Glad to hear that! I don't know the change with the SIM Card, for my it worked like that and I have turned off and on several times. After doing that I lost my APN configuration but a quick google search and BAM, everything working smooth and battery life is a little better than before.

You should update the post to let everyone know that the problem is solved

gabzki

Feb 2, 2013
Glad to hear that! I don't know the change with the SIM Card, for my it worked like that and I have turned off and on several times. After doing that I lost my APN configuration but a quick google search and BAM, everything working smooth and battery life is a little better than before.

You should update the post to let everyone know that the problem is solved

Yup, I just updated the thread title. :)

SE-ARC

Feb 3, 2013

After updating to 4.1.2 I cleared the internal storage via the settings and performed a factory data reset - my phone restarted without any problems. I could switch it on and off now without getting stuck in that screen.

I have the same problem with this white triangle. The only firmware where the phone starts is .303. All other firmware doesn' start anymore.

I tried the process by Samper27, but it doesn't work for me. Could you please tell me which firmware of .303 and JB 4.1.2 you used? And what do you mean with factory data reset (Hold down the power button and volume up for 10 sec?)

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix to get JB Running

Here's how I solved it:

Just leave it be, plugged to the charger. I've heard of cases were it too about 3 hours to compete

Did I help? Please press the thanks button

Sent from my Xperia T (LT30P) using XDA premium

I had this before, when going from 303 to 195.
    Flash back the exact last full firmware you had prior to jb, if it was custom use the ftf the Rom is based on, it should boot, reset, then do the update again.
    It took 35 mins to complete, I thought it was dead, once you get that screen, do not interrupt it or it can't complete and you need to start again.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
    I have the same problem with this white triangle. The only firmware where the phone starts is .303. All other firmware doesn' start anymore.

I tried the process by Samper27, but it doesn't work for me. Could you please tell me which firmware of .303 and JB 4.1.2 you used? And what do you mean with factory data reset (Hold down the power button and volume up for 10 sec?)

Thanks

Ok, here's what I did...

After you flash the .303 firmware, turn on the phone and complete the setup. In my case, there's a notification in the status bar to reformat the internal storage which I did. Did that appear on your phone?

Once done you can ready flashing the 9.1.A.0.489 firmware (which I got here under the General section). But before flashing EXCLUDE BASEBAND (as per Samper27) - I'm not sure if it makes a difference because in my first attempt it didn't work even if I excluded baseband. Anyway, I still excluded baseband in my second attempt when I repeated the whole process.

After flashing the 9.1.A.0.489 firmware, I turned on the phone and completed the setup. This time I cleared the internal storage (go to Storage under the Settings) and performed factory data reset (go to Settings then Backup & reset; select Erase everything). After the factory data reset, the phone restarted without getting stuck.

I didn't do these last two steps in my previous attempts that's why it would always get stuck to that screen every time I restart the phone after updating to JB.