i wanna root my sg3... is it worth it?

Search This thread

Jetlife_Jones

Jan 27, 2013
too root???

Absolutely!!!!! Don't wait... Root today!!! Be careful though as you could damage your phone... Research carefully before you proceed...

paulmagglios

Feb 10, 2013
Do it!

As of right now, rooting and flashing to one of the many diff roms is the best way to 'unlock' your phone for international use.

apagan4182

Jan 4, 2013
I agree, it's completely worth it! It's pretty way and once you, the options you have with your phone are endless!
Root and enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jjervis

Feb 5, 2013
It's worth it to root this phone. I have been rooting phones for the last couple years, and so far the S3 has been the phone to make it all worth it.

rodstar87

May 9, 2011
Brooklyn
Do it. Do it. Do it. Don't worry there's no peer pressure. But seriously once you root you be kicking yourself in the head as to why you didn't do it sooner.

Sent from outta space from mars curiosity Rover.

Do it. Do it. Do it. Don't worry there's no peer pressure. But seriously once you root you be kicking yourself in the head as to why you didn't do it sooner.

Sent from outta space from mars curiosity Rover.

Haha it's true. I rooted my old inc2 back in it's day, and I knew it's capabilities, now as soon as I got my s3, rooted within an hour of opening and activating.

rodstar87

May 9, 2011
Brooklyn
Haha it's true. I rooted my old inc2 back in it's day, and I knew it's capabilities, now as soon as I got my s3, rooted within an hour of opening and activating.

Lol. Seriously, I can't imagine not having a rooted phone. And I think I rooted my sg3 the same day as well.

Sent from outer space from my Mars Curiosity Rover. :cool:

Lol. Seriously, I can't imagine not having a rooted phone. And I think I rooted my sg3 the same day as well.

Sent from outer space from my Mars Curiosity Rover. :cool:

I actually decide which device I want based on root community. And not to mention I know a couple people who moved to this phone. Haven't looked back to HTC, even though their build quality is second to none imo, but they're moving in a direction I don't like. More iPhone-ish.

rhamorsky

Jan 7, 2013
Charlotte, N.C.
yes! love the customizations and lack of bloatware. if you dont like one rom, then try another till you find one that suits your needs!:cyclops:

saintsantos

Dec 2, 2012
Lockport
Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! a million times yes! Being able to have complete control over your phone and tweak it as you see fit is great. Not only that you can solve any issues you had before on your phone. (Case and point, my volume up key broke, so I remapped the controls to my soft keys and use a navbar:eek:)

jamesfrom818

Apr 18, 2009
The S3 was probably the easiest device I've ever had to root not counting Nexus devices. Do it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

notaero

Oct 28, 2012
rooting your phone unlocks so much potential for customization like kernels and roms. not to mention the removal of bloatware. but i only recommend doing it if you're comfortable with doing it.

jackh0lt

Mar 6, 2013
Billings
rooting your phone unlocks so much potential for customization like kernels and roms. not to mention the removal of bloatware. but i only recommend doing it if you're comfortable with doing it.

I kept my device stock for 6 months before I decided to root it a few weeks back. Like others have said I used Nova Launcher and a few other apps to get the stock look. However I was wanting to throw 4.2.2 on my phone and see how it was. After playing with it I found that I was missing touchwiz (weird I know) so I flashed Beans Rom.

Anyway, Romming allows for you to tweak your phone how you want it. Some roms are bugged and some are stable. It's all about finding what's happy for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You don't need to root to get a stock jellybean release on your phone. You would use a program called odin and put your phone into download mode and it will flash the system on your phone. If you don't like it or need to warranty your phone you just odin back to a official verizon release.

You can follow this guide, you would need 1,2,and 8. Then just follow the steps included. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1974114

Rooting is something you would do if you wanted to run apps or alter system files that require special privileges to access, read or write. A good reason to root is flash a custom recovery. The custom recovery will allow you to make backups of your phone. If something breaks on your system you can simply restore a backup in like 10 mins and its good as new :D

If you want to flash a rom then you will need to rooted AND have your bootloader unlocked. Its a pretty easy process to do everything as long as you pay attention. I.e. don't flash a rom meant for another carriers S3 or the international S3 cause you will hard brick your phone and have to mail it to someone with like $60 to get it fixed :p A good rom to try first would be CleanRom imo. There are many guides around this forum, just read em and reread em then go at it. If you are unsure about something then ask before you do it.

P.s. Backup your imei...... here is a great guide on how to do everything... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1762709
    I just recently had to make the same decision! Finally, after a good bit of research and youtube video watching, I decided to go ahead with the root process and couldn't be happier! Especially with Verizon being so far behind right now.
    So worth it!!! Root it!!! There are plenty of Step-by-Step guides in the developers forum that makes it so easy...but please read all the steps first then do them....
    Do your research so you fully understand how root works and how to do it then go for it. It opens a whole new world for those who like to tinker and always have the newest firmware.
    Like everyone said, read up in what it is and whether or not you have a reason to do it. Then don't freak out if something happens and your phone won't boot. 99% of the time your phone is fixable.

I just upgraded from my old gs1 to the gs3 and love it. Already rooted/unlocked and running cm10 nightlies...... It isn't for everyone but for the ability to backup your phone alone it's worth it.