Has anyone recently ordered a new HTC One? Worried about what sw version

Search This thread

reggietothemax

Jun 13, 2009
I'm thinking about ordering a a phone, but after reading that the bootloader unlock method only works on 4.2, I'm worried that it will ship already updated. Has anyone ordered one recently that could tell me what SW version it came with? Thanks for the help

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
I just got one new shipped with firmware dot 8. That was last Friday.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

JC Why

Apr 23, 2011
Got mine a week ago and it came with .10. (The SW version is printed on the outside of the box.)

jpradley

Jul 6, 2010
New York
Got mine a week ago and it came with .10. (The SW version is printed on the outside of the box.)
I'll bet Verizon has tens of thousands of HTC Ones on the shelves of thousands of stores and warehouses that came off the assembly line over the space of dozens of months and having various versions of the software.

I do not think that Verizon pays any employees to open all those boxes, charge the phones, update them, and reseal the packaging. So you get whatever comes to hand at some shipping location.

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
I'll bet Verizon has tens of thousands of HTC Ones on the shelves of thousands of stores and warehouses that came off the assembly line over the space of dozens of months and having various versions of the software.

I do not think that Verizon pays any employees to open all those boxes, charge the phones, update them, and reseal the packaging. So you get whatever comes to hand at some shipping location.

The question that was asked was what did people get shipped for software versions. People responded with answers based on recent shipments so the OP can feel hopeful about not getting a phone that can't be unlocked. I'm not really sure what your answer provided other than sounding a bit snarky.

zeropally

Apr 29, 2011
The question that was asked was what did people get shipped for software versions. People responded with answers based on recent shipments so the OP can feel hopeful about not getting a phone that can't be unlocked. I'm not really sure what your answer provided other than sounding a bit snarky.
Might have sounded snarky but what he said is true. Most of the phones are already made and sitting in a warehouse. Even ones made today more the likely are still being flashed with old firmware and Roms as converting the systems used for said things cost time and money they don't need to spend. Only time to worry about getting a phone that's been updated is if you get a refurb. Other then that it shouldn't be an issue

Reactions: mmuzzy

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
It will depend when on the manufactured date. If it was recently shipped to the store, say a month ago, most likely you will have a previous software version. But even those that sent theirs in for repairs, some of them came back with 4.3, others didn't. If you are getting it brand new unopened from a store or from Verizon, there is a sticker on the box. The software version is on there. For example the guy I got mine from is pretty much brand new, the box says 1.610.10 but the guy must have wiped it and updated it to 4.3 before he shipped it out.
Before swiping your card look at the software version on the sticker of the box. If it starts with 2.10 then you don't want that one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might have sounded snarky but what he said is true. Most of the phones are already made and sitting in a warehouse. Even ones made today more the likely are still being flashed with old firmware and Roms as converting the systems used for said things cost time and money they don't need to spend. Only time to worry about getting a phone that's been updated is if you get a refurb. Other then that it shouldn't be an issue