[Fix][Dec-12] Youtube app without breaking MP4/3GP playback

Search This thread

Magger

Oct 10, 2008
Just rename ......YouTube.exe.409.mui to YouTube.exe.413.mui.
It's in youre \windows directory.
Then it should work

it was called 0409 so I named it 0413, anyways, it works now :D

Thank you so much :D

edit: Ok even though my phone now open the application every time I try to play a movie it says "Error: Cannot play this video."

Magger

Oct 10, 2008
it was called 0409 so I named it 0413, anyways, it works now :D

Thank you so much :D

edit: Ok even though my phone now open the application every time I try to play a movie it says "Error: Cannot play this video."

Tried googling the error a bit and found;
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2657501&postcount=164
Is it save for me to try that .cab even though its ment for a completely different rom?

edit: Just made a small movie to test something out, when I try to open it with the media panel or just with windows media player it will give me very loud sort of static sounds and no video...
I've read about this before here but I forgot what caused it... I believe the TF3D cab? Is there any way to fix this or is my X1 ****ed :S

Last edited:

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com

Magger

Oct 10, 2008
when this happens, it means the codec is not available (I think)

I have not seen the CAB before, so I'm not sure.

Can you check for your ROM, what's the windows directory name? Is it Windows or something else?

The windows directory is called windows

At device info it says:

ROM version: 1.02.937.3

edit: When you say the codec is not available youre talking about the youtube app not working or all other movies not working? Because, as I've never tried it, I assume the James Bond trailer etc should have worked before, also I cant play any movies i've made with the camera.

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
The windows directory is called windows

At device info it says:

ROM version: 1.02.937.3

edit: When you say the codec is not available youre talking about the youtube app not working or all other movies not working? Because, as I've never tried it, I assume the James Bond trailer etc should have worked before, also I cant play any movies i've made with the camera.

ok, let me understand first (sorry, need to rewind back to starting point :O)

1. The problem you are facing is you can't play movie on your media panel, or the camera video preview? Can you view Youtube video as well?

2. If the answer to #1 is positive (i.e. you can watch youtube, but not play movie), can you verify if you have previously installed Youtube cab (not from this thread) in your X1 before? If yes, please go to #3

3. Have you tried installing the Youtube-Registry-Patch.cab before, and soft reset after that?

4. If you have not installed Youtube before, and X1i-Youtube.cab is the first youtube CAB you have installed, let me know also.

PS: Hard reset means your phone goes back to factory default setting, and all your data are erased.

Last edited:

Magger

Oct 10, 2008
ok, let me understand first (sorry, need to rewind back to starting point :O)

1. The problem you are facing is you can't play movie on your media panel, or the camera video preview? Can you view Youtube video as well?

2. If the answer to #1 is positive (i.e. you can watch youtube, but not play movie), can you verify if you have previously installed Youtube cab (not from this thread) in your X1 before? If yes, please go to #3

3. Have you tried installing the Youtube-Registry-Patch.cab before, and soft reset after that?

4. If you have not installed Youtube before, and X1i-Youtube.cab is the first youtube CAB you have installed, let me know also.

PS: Hard reset means your phone goes back to factory default setting, and all your data are erased.

1. Originally my problem was that the youtube program wouldnt start. When I followed m@rco's instructions and changed the youtube file's name in the windows directory it worked. When I tried watching a movie in youtube it wouldnt play it though. So I tried playing other movies, in the media panel, the camera application and windows media player, and none of them worked, all of them give very loud static and a black screen.

2. I can't watch either, and yes I have the other youtube cab installed.

3. Yes I've installed the fix, but before I changed that one line m@rco told me to change manually. I doubt running the fix again would do any good but I can try.

4. I did install the other one first

PS. How to do a hard reset then? I tried starting the phone with the two buttons pressed but clearly it's not gone back to the factory settings, or atleast, I dont believe it did, as none of my data was erased. But at this point I think I'd rather start all over from scratch with a working X1 and just install the right cab's instead of old TF3D's :(

1. Originally my problem was that the youtube program wouldnt start. When I followed m@rco's instructions and changed the youtube file's name in the windows directory it worked. When I tried watching a movie in youtube it wouldnt play it though. So I tried playing other movies, in the media panel, the camera application and windows media player, and none of them worked, all of them give very loud static and a black screen.

2. I can't watch either, and yes I have the other youtube cab installed.

3. Yes I've installed the fix, but before I changed that one line m@rco told me to change manually. I doubt running the fix again would do any good but I can try.

4. I did install the other one first

PS. How to do a hard reset then? I tried starting the phone with the two buttons pressed but clearly it's not gone back to the factory settings, or atleast, I dont believe it did, as none of my data was erased. But at this point I think I'd rather start all over from scratch with a working X1 and just install the right cab's instead of old TF3D's :(

To Hard Reset.

Press the on/off button until youre screen says that you lose data when you shutdown the phone.
Click Ok and the phone is off.

Then pres the 2 buttons under your screen and hold them.
Then press on/off buttom until youre hear a sound.
Then let go of the on/off button but keep the other buttons pressed.
Then you see a white screen that says Press R for factory settings.
Or ... to cancel.
Press R and screen is telling that is goes to factory settings.
After that press Spacebar.

Magger

Oct 10, 2008
ok i did a hard reset and installed the 2 files on a clean x1 and everythingworks fine now, thanks you 2 for the help

puerrican85

May 18, 2006
Downloaded the x1i-youtube cab and installed it just now, so far no broken media panel thats for sure. But when I launch youtube it'll load the app but no picutres show up on the video icons. Also trying to select a video starts up the player but goes no where from there. Not sure if its a connection issue but anyone else have this issue?

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
Downloaded the x1i-youtube cab and installed it just now, so far no broken media panel thats for sure. But when I launch youtube it'll load the app but no picutres show up on the video icons. Also trying to select a video starts up the player but goes no where from there. Not sure if its a connection issue but anyone else have this issue?

when this happens, it's usually due to connection problem.

suggest you try using Wifi and see if you have the problem. Some GPRS/3G connection goes through proxy, and the Youtube app actually would connect accordingly.

puerrican85

May 18, 2006
I thought so and tried it out on wifi and still having the same issue. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling in order to see what I get working.

indra1

Mar 21, 2008
hi guys..
iam confused...
must i install youtube registry and X1i-youtube or only one of them ?
tell me, is there a problem with the applications?
thanks.

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
hi guys..
iam confused...
must i install youtube registry and X1i-youtube or only one of them ?
tell me, is there a problem with the applications?
thanks.

you only need to install youtube registry if you have installed previous version of Youtube full installation that's not by me.

X1i-youtube if you have a clean X1i w/o any previous installation of Youtube.

foxvengeor

Nov 20, 2008
Its a fresh installation. I've installed X1i-youtube. He is on programs. But nothing happens when i'm click on it...