[ROOT] Xperia ZL (C650x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Since we now have Recovery fully working its a lot easier to root the device. I have made a simpler package for easier rooting and installing busybox.

Steps:

1. Download the: SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip and save it on phone (external sdcard)

2. Just flash any kernel which contains recovery (for stock based ROM) [e.g.: Advanced Stock Kernel]

3. Boot into recovery and flash that file "SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip"

4. now reboot and the firmware will be fully rooted with SuperSU and Busybox installed!!!

[ Credits ]

• Chainfire - for SuperSU

• Stericson - for Busybox

• lots of other developers for helping me get here ;)

[ Requirements ]

• Firmware Version: 10.1.A.1.350

• unlocked bootloader

• working kernel with recovery

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ Download Links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip (mirror)

enjoy!

Last edited:

faisalmalaeb

Sep 6, 2003
C6503 experia zl Bye Bye Bye not Runing

Dear
i have Fallow your steps then my Mobile is not working at all no screen display nothing

Please Help Me on Recover My Phone .

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

i have a Xperia ZL with unlockable bootloader .

but after i get finsh from the unlock i try to root with C6603 and my Phone Is C6503 .

then my ZL Get Hart Attack .

Best Regards
FM

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Re: [ROOT] Xperia ZL (C650x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (Need Testers)

Dear
i have Fallow your steps then my Mobile is not working at all no screen display nothing

Please Help Me on Recover My Phone .

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

i have a Xperia ZL with unlockable bootloader .

but after i get finsh from the unlock i try to root with C6603 and my Phone Is C6503 .

then my ZL Get Hart Attack .

Best Regards
FM

Why do you flash kernels not ment for your device?

Flash stock kernel using FTF and flashtool

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

faisalmalaeb

Sep 6, 2003
Can you send me the Files

PLS
Can you send me the Files i will try to recover my Phone After i use the Files For C6603

Best Regards
Faisal Malaeb

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

can you pls
send me the links where i can download tft and how i can flash it

best regards
fm

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Re: [ROOT] Xperia ZL (C650x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (Need Testers)

PLS
Can you send me the Files i will try to recover my Phone After i use the Files For C6603

Best Regards
Faisal Malaeb

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

can you pls
send me the links where i can download tft and how i can flash it

best regards
fm

Bin4ry has posted FTF.... Search for it...

shivindera

May 29, 2012
Amsterdam
Hey DoomLord thanks for the work but is there no possibility of getting a root for locked bootloaders because i dont feel like wanting to let go of the Bravia Engine 2 which i heard u lose after unlocking bootloader.... Thanks in advance!!!

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Hey DoomLord thanks for the work but is there no possibility of getting a root for locked bootloaders because i dont feel like wanting to let go of the Bravia Engine 2 which i heard u lose after unlocking bootloader.... Thanks in advance!!!

Yes!

Check thread by Bin4ry or my thread at Z section...

shivindera

May 29, 2012
Amsterdam
So that method works for both Xperia Z & ZL and not only Z??? It would be great if you could mention that in that forum or post one in this forum... For other users!!! Thanks again

faisalmalaeb

Sep 6, 2003
Tested

Thanks A Lot

i have tested and it's working fine with me.
but there is 1 issue i found if i power down the zl and power on every time will rest everything and i found also the SD storage for 16 GB is not showing at all .

Best Regards

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
So that method works for both Xperia Z & ZL and not only Z??? It would be great if you could mention that in that forum or post one in this forum... For other users!!! Thanks again

I think Bin4ry has already posted it here...

Thanks A Lot

i have tested and it's working fine with me.
but there is 1 issue i found if i power down the zl and power on every time will rest everything and i found also the SD storage for 16 GB is not showing at all .

Best Regards

I don't follow what you mean by that...

faisalmalaeb

Sep 6, 2003
if i turn off the mobile and run it again the system will rest everything and i need to setup it like new .
also the storage of 16 GB is not mount . it's showing me the internal storage only .

Best Regards
Faisal

ameygokhale

Sep 26, 2011
Pune
Followed all your guides just now.Right from unlocking bootloader to rooting. Everything just worked like a charm. No hiccups at all. :good: Great work!

Reactions: DooMLoRD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since we now have Recovery fully working its a lot easier to root the device. I have made a simpler package for easier rooting and installing busybox.

Steps:

1. Download the: SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip and save it on phone (external sdcard)

2. Just flash any kernel which contains recovery (for stock based ROM) [e.g.: Advanced Stock Kernel]

3. Boot into recovery and flash that file "SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip"

4. now reboot and the firmware will be fully rooted with SuperSU and Busybox installed!!!

[ Credits ]

• Chainfire - for SuperSU

• Stericson - for Busybox

• lots of other developers for helping me get here ;)

[ Requirements ]

• Firmware Version: 10.1.A.1.350

• unlocked bootloader

• working kernel with recovery

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ Download Links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip (mirror)

enjoy!
    reserved for later
    its 100% ok now
    i soft rest it
    and it's working fine :)
    thank alot for your help

Best Regards
    Faisal
    Followed all your guides just now.Right from unlocking bootloader to rooting. Everything just worked like a charm. No hiccups at all. :good: Great work!
    here's a question.. ZL was rooted and was working with no issue. then I decided to unlock the bootloader using Sony Mobile's very easy guide. After unlocking, the phone did a whole factory reset (all data and settings are gone)..

thoughts?
    That's normal, and Sony even warns you it'll do that.