Future of S4 development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
Alright guys so we have been graced with the official KitKat from Sammy depending on what carrier you're on... I'm finally able to get a taste of 4.4.2 on this fantastic piece of hardware...
But that's all this phone has going for it is hardware at this point, and even that's been outdated already in this fast moving tech world.

My AT&T branded S4 (19505) is stuck.. maybe we will get root here for the 4.4.2 build... when that happens know one knows.

But all of us sitting here on XDA are all the same.. we all want to modify our devices and push them to their limits.

I know I would love to get some AOSP love on this phone and experience what the phone can do without all the bloatware bogging it down.. and that awful touchwiz interface.. but we all have the same problem. No one has found a way to get a custom recovery on our phones. While there are a fair number of lucky people who got this phone as it came out and were able to unlock their bootloaders and flash a custom recovery image, I know there are plenty more of us who are not as fortunate as them.
Where do we go?
Who do we turn to?
Samsung? They wont help, in fact, it seems they are hell bent on incorporating more and more obKNOXious security measures as to prevent us from accessing our bootloaders!
Online petitions? So far they haven't done much!
The XDA community here on XDA? Well unfortunately most people truly interested in rooting their phones and pushing them to the limits discarded their S4s long ago for a Nexus or other phone..
So this leaves us with what? Who do we turn to who has both the knowledge base to do something with our phones as well as the desire to put their time into such a project.

I suppose this thread will be deleted.. but I just had to rant I suppose.. I am sitting here without any way to unlock my phone and do what I wish to do with it, and that's due to many factors.. but I'm so tired of opening my browser to our ATT forums and seeing that no one has created a new post, or two people have made comments on posts already existing... is this just s forgotten phone in the sea of tech gadgets out? Are we up a river without a paddle?
Is there no hope for us?
Now I know that this forum is a community and I am 100% behind the notion that if you want something done then you should do it yourself.. but I like most still using this phone don't have the know how to do what needs to be done here. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me who wish that they could help and will do anything in their power to help get something going for this device. What do we do??? :confused::(

/rant /patheticpleaforsomeonetohelpus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit

I am not sure where this thread is going.

Thread closed

malybru
    Forum Moderator