Play store error code: 0, certain apps refuse to install

Search This thread

Konner920

Sep 16, 2010
Norman, OK
I recently acquired a 2013 Moto X 1058 (AT&T Variant) and I've unlocked the bootloader with Sunshine, I've flashed Lineage OS 13 and Open Gapps but certain apps (facebook, snapchat, facebook messenger, google chrome) among apps will not download, instead immedietly throw the error "cannot install Facebook, try again later if the problem persists get troubleshooting help error code:0" and it does it for most apps. Few apps install, like Firefox, Kik, Android Messages but I cannot get this fixed, I've tried multiple gapps, redownloaded gapps, flashed different roms and i can't get it working.

EDIT: the unofficial TWRP 3 is poorly built and doesnt set permissions correctly, I had to use the terminal and do this

chown -R media_rw:media_rw /data/media/
find /data/media/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} ';'
find /data/media/ -type f -exec chmod 664 {} ';'

Just download it from TWRP themselves.

Last edited:

weaver11b

Jun 6, 2012
Appalachia Mountains
I was not able to put in those commands into terminator emulator, kept saying access denied. Any ideas on how to get access or whatever?

I am suffering the same exact problem. I've tried clearing app cache, removing account, wiping cache in TWRP and so on. Nothing is working. I'm not even able to restore the apps via TiBu. Unfortunately it doesn't appear many ppl suffer from error code: 0

YedanyXD

Dec 22, 2015
I was not able to put in those commands into terminator emulator, kept saying access denied. Any ideas on how to get access or whatever?

I am suffering the same exact problem. I've tried clearing app cache, removing account, wiping cache in TWRP and so on. Nothing is working. I'm not even able to restore the apps via TiBu. Unfortunately it doesn't appear many ppl suffer from error code: 0
Try that commands with root
Type in terminal su after flash the root

CreeperEatsTNT

Feb 4, 2016
I have error code 0 too

I have a Huawei MediaPad 7 youth and some days ago I noticed Google Play Store was uninstalled. I have my tablet rooted, and prior to this everything was fine. I reinstalled Google Play via an APK file on Lucky Patcher's official page (there's the modded Play Store and the original Play Store APKs, I installed the original cause the modded one couldn't install), and I tried to use Lucky Patcher to make it a system app again, but it said it couldn't cause there was few space on /system/app (I have no idea where this folder is, I looked everywhere with my native Android file manager but I can't find it) and told me to free some space on there. So I decided to let Google Play as an user app, but be careful not to uninstall again. Today I opened Play Store for first time since reinstallation, and tried to install two different VPNs, but they both gave me error code 0. Please help me! :(

RedDeadDorito

Oct 20, 2011
Kalamazoo
It worked on my HTC One M7 Sense 7 Viper 9.0.0 ROM after getting code 0 for multiple apps! Never had this issue before.

Thank you, OP.

I repeat, OP is not telling you to put in random Linux commands. This method actually works! (for me)

Last edited:

laeirbag

Oct 20, 2017
Yalp Store FTW

Having the same issue I found, downloaded and installed Yalp Store From F-Droid. It finally let me donwload and install/update apps without needing to access play store directly.

El_Dark

Dec 13, 2012
Santiago
I know some might've solved their issues already, but for those who are on CM/LineageOS and need to gain root access, remember that you can enable root in the developer settings... For Lineage 14.1 I'd google, as there are a few steps before that I think.

Hope it helps someone :)

Kenshei

May 5, 2018
Need your help, bro

It worked on my HTC One M7 Sense 7 Viper 9.0.0 ROM after getting code 0 for multiple apps! Never had this issue before.

Thank you, OP.

I repeat, OP is not telling you to put in random Linux commands. This method actually works! (for me)

I have the same error on my One M7 with Viper 9.0.0 ROM. And I can't fix it. Please help me. Explain how you fixed it. Thanks, bro.

RunAway15

Nov 28, 2014
I'm getting the same error.. Ive tried flashing other versions of TWRP and Roms. No clean flash will correct it. What is the deal with this?

Kenshei

May 5, 2018
I'm getting the same error.. Ive tried flashing other versions of TWRP and Roms. No clean flash will correct it. What is the deal with this?

I fixed this error. Follow this instruction: android-fix.com/google-play-problems/51-error-code-0.html

I do "Set permissions with Android Debug Bridge". And everything 's ok now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently acquired a 2013 Moto X 1058 (AT&T Variant) and I've unlocked the bootloader with Sunshine, I've flashed Lineage OS 13 and Open Gapps but certain apps (facebook, snapchat, facebook messenger, google chrome) among apps will not download, instead immedietly throw the error "cannot install Facebook, try again later if the problem persists get troubleshooting help error code:0" and it does it for most apps. Few apps install, like Firefox, Kik, Android Messages but I cannot get this fixed, I've tried multiple gapps, redownloaded gapps, flashed different roms and i can't get it working.

EDIT: the unofficial TWRP 3 is poorly built and doesnt set permissions correctly, I had to use the terminal and do this

chown -R media_rw:media_rw /data/media/
    find /data/media/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} ';'
    find /data/media/ -type f -exec chmod 664 {} ';'

Just download it from TWRP themselves.
    go seting -->goole play store --> give all permission