[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Mi 4i][8.0] LineageOS 15.0

Search This thread

Shrukul

Mar 2, 2014
Hubli
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • Led
  • GPS
  • Video recording
  • Hardware Buttons
What's not working :

• Hotspot
  • SELinux is permissive

Workarounds for battery drain, lag and heat (optional):
  • Install Kernel Auditor and go to cpu tab and set cpu governor to interactive for both cluster and go to io sched tab and set io scheduler to bfq.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • You need to be on firmware 8.1.5.0. If you're not, download the firmware from the downloads section.
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Lineage version:
Lineaage Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Source :

Credits :

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 4i

Contributors
Shrukul
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 8.1.5.0
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2017-09-12

Created 2017-09-12
Last Updated 2017-09-12

Last edited:

arth_vish

Mar 19, 2015
Great to see Oreo for Mi4i which has been literally dumped by Xiaomi.. Can any one who has installed this rom provide feedback n screenshots...:eek::good:

heyDante

Feb 26, 2017
Do I need to flash the 8.1.5.0 firmware?
If yes please provide a link.
And thank you very much for this ROM. I appreciate your hard work.

helo123

Jan 17, 2014
Thanks!! Everything is stable working good except hotspot. Turning on WiFi hotspot shows error

heyDante

Feb 26, 2017
Clean ROM. Everything works fine till now. Many modifications are not available and can be understood at this stage.

Screenshots:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170912-191646.jpg
    Screenshot_20170912-191646.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 9,000
  • Screenshot_20170912-191659.png
    Screenshot_20170912-191659.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 9,368
  • Screenshot_20170912-193046.jpg
    Screenshot_20170912-193046.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 9,042
  • Screenshot_20170912-191740.png
    Screenshot_20170912-191740.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 8,932

tumredkar

Jun 8, 2015
If possible fix some bugs

First of all thanks buddy for giving such great rom for mi4i

please try to fix these bugs
1. Hotspot
2. In wifi even after adding one network it doesn't connect to hidden network
3.Picture in picture mode isn't working
3. Try to add Pixel launcher
4.FM isn't working

SunitTalwar

Mar 4, 2012
@Shrukul awesome work and thanks a lot for your hard work for this device

Can I request you to try to build aosp 8.0 build top as it would be much lighter than los

helo123

Jan 17, 2014
So after some hours of usage I found that there is heating issue and battery drain as compared to wisenerds N build. While checking kernel auditor all CPUs were active.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170912-224324.png
    Screenshot_20170912-224324.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 1,581
  • Screenshot_20170912-224320.png
    Screenshot_20170912-224320.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,568
Last edited:

aswinna7

Apr 13, 2015
thrissur
Hatsoff Dude !!

Most of the devs are leaving us... But you worked hard and brought a stable build for us... And Your OREO tastes yummy... :p Working fine... No over heating issues and lags... Never checked the SOT... Just flashed an hour ago... Till now no probs... Once again thanx...

Nilu99

Feb 25, 2017
Really good work....everyone is leaving the mi4i but you gave Android 8.0 to this mobile....A big thanks for your effort...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led
    • GPS
    • Video recording
    • Hardware Buttons
    What's not working :

• Hotspot
    • SELinux is permissive

Workarounds for battery drain, lag and heat (optional):
    • Install Kernel Auditor and go to cpu tab and set cpu governor to interactive for both cluster and go to io sched tab and set io scheduler to bfq.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • You need to be on firmware 8.1.5.0. If you're not, download the firmware from the downloads section.
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Lineage version:
    Lineaage Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Source :

Credits :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 4i

Contributors
    Shrukul
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 8.1.5.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-09-12

Created 2017-09-12
    Last Updated 2017-09-12
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for detailing the bugs you're facing. I didn't get time to work on LOS the last few weeks (festive mood :p), so I'll try fixing the bugs this week. Also, it would be helpful if someone can attach the logs when camera is crashing. Also, do you face camera crashes when on Snapdragon camera?

Regards,
    Shrukul
    Test Build

Hey all,

Update is up!

Fixed:
    1. Hotspot

To test:
    1. Camera. (Check if the crash of camera still persists. If it does, report WITH LOGS)
    2. Sensors. (particulary orientation)

Do treat the new build as a test build. Report any bugs WITH LOGS.
    Also, not many features have been ported to Lineage OS 15. But with many active developers, soon many features will make way to the ROM.

I'll update the sources in 2-3 days with the changes made.

Builds: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=214784

Note: Looks like reverting to lineage 14.1 from lineage 15.0 can break camera unless the lineage-14.1 build >= 21 October. (As said by wisenerd). So if camera seems to break after flashing lineage 14.1, try flashing the latest lineage 14.1 build >= 21 October.

Regards,
    Shrukul.
    Oh well... Hotspot isn't working. Will try fixing it in the next build.
    Phone model: Mi 4i
    Lineage version: 15
    Lineage Download url: Same as mentioned in Thread
    Gapps version: Same as mentioned in Thread

Bugs:

1. Orientation / Accelerometer Sensor or Auto Switch to Landscape upon Screen Rotation is not working
    2. Governor resets to Performance after reboot even after Apply to Boot is checked in Kernel Auditor
    3. Google Assistant opens only from the home screen using "OK Google" command, doesn't recognize when inside other apps (Google Assistant is configured to open anytime in the Options)
    4. Google Assistant not opening after long pressing Home Button
    5. I am trying to Pull the Log using CatLog but unable to enter the options menu using The touch and hold of Recent Apps Button.