[RECOVERY] Team Win Recovery Project 2.8.7.1 for HTC Desire S (saga)

I'm from Europe so I use european date format. Does that bother You?

• Hell yeah! WTF man?

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I like it european style

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

VnnAmed

Sep 23, 2011
Poznań
Google Pixel 4a
THANKS TO XDA SENIOR MEMBER
jrior001
TEAM WIN RECOVERY PROJECT (for saga)​
is STILL ALIVE​

Description

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM

You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

TWRP is:

• Fast
  • Stable
  • Reliable
  • User Friendly
  • Highly Customisable
  • Propably the biggest and best community driven Recovery Project

Screens:
AgsV.png
WujW.png

Last edited:

VnnAmed

Sep 23, 2011
Poznań
Google Pixel 4a
F.A.Q.

[Q]: How do I flash it?
[A]: Like usual, through ADB.

[Q]: I'm lazy. Is there any fast and easy way to do it?
[A]: Sure. Download Goo Manager App. Now go to the ROM section. Goo Manager will ask you if you have recovery. Click "No. Get one for me". It will download and install latest TWRP for your device. You can also dowload Recovery Flasher from Play store and flash recovery image :)

[Q]: I don't see wiping cache/dalvik/etc options. What's wrong?
[A]: Click Advanced Wipe, choose what you want to wipe and Swipe to wipe.

Last edited:

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
What's the best? Just curious. :good:

Up until now most of us would say that 4ext recovery has a proven track record with no formatting issues that have arisen from other recoveries. Nice to see this being thrown into the mix though :good:

“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”*―*Frank Zappa

Reactions: StormShadowBK

VnnAmed

Sep 23, 2011
Poznań
Google Pixel 4a
So, there is 130 downloads of new TWRP 2.5.0.1 for saga in 2 days and counting :highfive: Any problems/bugs? If you have encountered any kind of issues please report right here, right now :)

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
So, there is 130 downloads of new TWRP 2.5.0.1 for saga in 2 days and counting :highfive: Any problems/bugs? If you have encountered any kind of issues please report right here, right now :)

Considering that I am using latest TWRP recovery on my N7 and haven't faced any issues while flashing/wiping so far I assume that there are no bugs within Saga version as well. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: VnnAmed

rain987

Jan 23, 2012
Looks nice, i use this on my a100, and i like the feature of flashing multiple zip which was missing on my desire.
No issue or bug. Swipe to wipe and flash, phone booted without issue. Thanks for bringing this to my device.

Reactions: PVL_93_RU

hisname

Jul 9, 2012
Singapore
is this a bug or a feature?

when i turn off my phone to charge, after about 5 seconds, it will boot up to TWRP. Is there any way to disable this?

Sent from my supercharged :tank:

Top Liked Posts