Any ATT m8 users who cant get S-Off?

Search This thread

thekalby

Feb 25, 2011
Just got a new ATT m8, though the volume buttons were loose, so I sent I'm sending it in for a replacement. I assume they will install whatever the newest Hboot is on the phone when I send it in. When it gets back I want to get S-off, though with all the claims of not being able to receive s-off recently, I'm worried firewater wont work on my phone.

I realized though that I have not seen one person with an ATT M8 who couldnt get S-off. So my question here is, is there anybody with an ATT M8 who cant get s-off? Specifically someone who bought the phone recently, or someone using the newest Hboot. Any trouble getting s-off.

Thanks.

bugsy

Jun 29, 2005
Just got a new ATT m8, though the volume buttons were loose, so I sent I'm sending it in for a replacement. I assume they will install whatever the newest Hboot is on the phone when I send it in. When it gets back I want to get S-off, though with all the claims of not being able to receive s-off recently, I'm worried firewater wont work on my phone.

I realized though that I have not seen one person with an ATT M8 who couldnt get S-off. So my question here is, is there anybody with an ATT M8 who cant get s-off? Specifically someone who bought the phone recently, or someone using the newest Hboot. Any trouble getting s-off.

Thanks.

I just got mine on Wednesday and got s-off just fine. Have it converted to a developer edition and received the update automatically as well. All is good.

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis

Thanks.

Good luck with getting a replacement device that is perfect. I had to send in my first one because the earspeaker broke. The replacement phone had scratches on top, recessed power button that looked scratched up. My third one seems ok so far, but most phones including the ones in the store have loose buttons. Having said that, I have successfully s-offed every single one of them including my last one that had the updated firmware on it.

Reactions: thekalby

JayRolla

Mar 8, 2011
My volume rockers where solid for about 3 days. Have installed a case and just living with it. I have had loose volume rockers on all three of my android devices over the years.

Ohh and remember when you get a replacement its usually a refurbished unit. Thats why they more often have cosmetic issues because they have already been returned and repaired to send back to customers.

thekalby

Feb 25, 2011
Good luck with getting a replacement device that is perfect. I had to send in my first one because the earspeaker broke. The replacement phone had scratches on top, recessed power button that looked scratched up. My third one seems ok so far, but most phones including the ones in the store have loose buttons. Having said that, I have successfully s-offed every single one of them including my last one that had the updated firmware on it.

Well I sent this one in because the power and volume keys were loose and rattled. It seems like a pretty easy fix, so I can't imagine they'll screw the phone up.

So you bootloader unlocked and s-offed all your devices? And they accepted it back for a warranty replacement?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.