[UPDATED-06-APR-2011] New XAP installer, in-place app update, no dev tool and more...

Search This thread

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009

Never had this one, but according to http://translate.google.com/transla.../thread/372c118e-375e-4228-a14e-8ea252032365/ it looks like some COM object is not correctly registered.

Do you have the Phone Dev Tools installed? If not, could you please try to run the attached file with admin rights (should fix any registration problems). Do NOT install it if Phone Dev Tools are already installed. Please restart Zune after installation.

-k

P.S.: Found a bug in my corecon installer. The one which is attached to this post (V0.9.1) is the one currently on the server which is used for the inital download.

Attachments

• CoreConInstall2.zip
    323.9 KB · Views: 3,727
Last edited:

Aditya7

Oct 10, 2008
I have the following error. Some info wold be appreciated :)

Deployment started TouchXplorer
Connecting to device...

Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR:
0x89721508

Ive got the same problem, any ideas ??

EDIT: Ive tried the method posted above, is it because my phone is not unlocked with chevron or is that not needed?

Last edited:

Havenger

Dec 8, 2010
i get the following error when i try to deploy the xap file downloaded with the "Windows Phone 7 Marketplace" :

Deployment started Avatar Gadgets
Connecting to device...

0x89721508

its at all apps downloaded with this tool ... is there an error because the files are "modified" ( cracked ) ?

edit : i get the same error with an app that i have developed ...

ps : my phone is unlocked with chevron ;)

Last edited:

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
i get the following error when i try to deploy the xap file downloaded with the "Windows Phone 7 Marketplace" :

Deployment started Avatar Gadgets
Connecting to device...

0x89721508

its at all apps downloaded with this tool ... is there an error because the files are "modified" ( cracked ) ?

edit : i get the same error with an app that i have developed ...

ps : my phone is unlocked with chevron ;)

Hi,

- Were the Phone Dev Tools installed on your pc, or did you use my corecon installer?

- Which operating system and 32bit or 64bit?

That looks like an interesting behaviour. I really would like to get this one fix, therefore if anyone who has this bug is willing to help me, please drop me a pm.

BTW: All you guys who have this behaviour, can you deploy with any other tool? TOM's or the Application Deploy from Phone Dev Tools?

Thanks
-k

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
Error

This is what I get when I launch the application. What I want to do is deploy a registry editor to debrand the Samsung Focus and dev unlock it. It also is not able to find the phone although there is no problem with Zune. Zune is not running when I try to launch the program.

Attachments

• XAP1.jpg
    XAP1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 601
  • XAP2.jpg
    XAP2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 279

contable

Oct 25, 2009
All functions are working well on my OMNIA 7. Big thanks for this app. The described error (0x89721508) appears when there is no connection between desktop and phone... Before deploying zune must be running or wpconnect.exe must be launched manually (=> create a shortcut). Also the other deployers aren't working if there is no connection between desktop and phone. Just for the records: the phone must be unlocked with chevron before you can use any kind of xap deployer.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Last edited:

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
Chevron

All functions are working well on my OMNIA 7. Big thanks for this app. The described error (0x89721508) appears when there is no connection between desktop and phone... Before deploying zune must be running or wpconnect.exe must be launched manually (=> create a shortcut). Also the other deployers aren't working if there is no connection between desktop and phone. Just for the records: the phone must be unlocked with chevron before you can use any kind of xap deployer.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

I am really confused now. I thought that the whole purpose of this app was to avoid having to use Chevron and to avoid using the Phone Development Tools.

I am using Windows XP SP3 and I installed CoreCon.

ertz

Dec 22, 2010
No workie here...

Here's the error message:

0x89731812

At first the app would crash on load which was solved by installing "CoreConInstall2," but now I keep getting that error code.

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
Added the following to the first post

General Prerequisits
- Phone has to be unlocked (either dev, chevron or any other method)
- Zune has to be running and has to be connected to the phone

It is -as far as I know- not possible to deploy to a locked device.

You won't/haven't need/ed Phone Dev Tools for chevron7, now you have a deployment tool which also doesn't need the Phone Dev Tools. So you have complete tool chain for unlock->deployment without the need for Phone Dev Tools. But, you are right, you need a unlocked phone to use XAPDeploy.

-k

Last edited:

sonjisov

Apr 3, 2011
So all I need to use this tool is the tool itself and zune? Is SDK necessary for this?
I had zune and this deployment tool v0.8 (zune was enabled all time) and as I mentioned before - it didn't work even with test xap.

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
Please Explain

Added the following to the first post

It is -as far as I know- not possible to deploy to a locked device.

You won't/haven't need/ed Phone Dev Tools for chevron7, now you have a deployment tool which also doesn't need the Phone Dev Tools. So you have complete tool chain for unlock->deployment without the need for Phone Dev Tools. But, you are right, you need a unlocked phone to use XAPDeploy.

-k

Are you saying that, if I start with a Samsung Focus that is locked, and a PC with only Chevron and this application, I don't need to load the WP Development Tools? I can use Chevron and unlock my phone as long as I have this application installed. How? I just want to make sure I understand this. The WP Development tool is a monstrous "pig" for such little return if all one wants to do is unlock a phone. It also cannot or is too difficult to run under Windows XP. Chevron is, well, Chevron. Enough said. Half finished, Alpha level software that causes more frustration than it delivers advantages. Sorry, just tryin to be honest.

What we need is a solution that does not rely on the Developers tools or Chevron to unlock a phone and deploy XAP's.

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
ChevronWP7: As far as I understand http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=857127 ChevronWP7 has never required the Phone Dev Tools, correct?

XAPDeployX: This tool installs a minimum set of files required to communicate with the phone over a corecon connection if they are not already installed (this is application wise different to the connection any unlocker uses). Only reason these files might already be installed: You have installed the dev tools.

This tool is not meant for unlocking. Its only purpose is deployment to an already unlocked phone.

-k

bleh815

May 6, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Great work, thank you very much!

Here is some feedback:
- Deploying to stand-alone emulator does not work. (Emulator installed from original dev tools iso on non-dev workstation)

Code:
Connecting to device... 

0x89721508

- Please add "Open with..." capability for easy one-click deployment of xap files.

- Store target selection across sessions (having to select emulator again and again and again and ...)

Last edited:

ma7ija

Oct 22, 2008
Hi all

before i uninstalled the Phone Dev Tools it worked, after that error...0x89721508

I did the patch CoreConInstall2....

sky_zeron

Mar 22, 2011
I'm having this error.

Error writing file '%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Phone Tools\10.0\Install\{9995f674-0ad7-df11-a844-00237de2db9e}\tmpF281.tmp'. Error 0x8007274c: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Anyone?

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
Hi all

before i uninstalled the Phone Dev Tools it worked, after that error...0x89721508

I did the patch CoreConInstall2....

Can anybody with the 0x89xxxxx errors please try to install the file "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" [1] attached to the main post?

If that fixes those errors, I'll including the missing pieces in the CoreConInstall2 file.

[1] Extract the file to a local folder and run the *.msi.

NEW Version 0.9 is online, see first post.

Thanks!

-k

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please download XAPDeployX-V0.9.zip, it is the latest and greatest version

If you have any of the 0x89xxxx errors, please download the attached "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" file and run it.

Hi,

attached you'll find a new XAP installer which has quite a few unique selling points.

- In-place update on the phone: In-place update on the phone, e.g. if you already have Version 1.0.0.0 of an app installed on the phone and install 1.0.2.0 an in-place update will performed. No more full "uninstall-new install" cycle required. Your settings, custom files etc. won't be removed (same as marketplace update)

- CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment!

- Deploy from file or URL: You can either specify a file or an URL. If you enter an URL the installer will automatically download the xap.

- Own protocol "wphome": Zune's one-click download for homebrew apps. Automatically install homebrew XAPs with a click on a hyperlink. If you want, you can register the application for the wphome protocol. The application will then be allowed to handle urls like wphome:www.test.com/test.xap and will automatically start as soon as you click on such a link.

img1ln.png

To be able to use "wphome" hyperlinks, you have to click on "Register protocol..." once.

wphome Testlink: wphome:http://www.nextbestgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/helloworld.xap (for testing after you've installed the tool and registered it for the protocol)

img2a.png

After you've opened a XAP file, details will be shown in the top bar.

This is the first step in my plan to provide a homebrew marketplace.

Updated V0.6 - 1-APR-2011

+ Full Log
    + Multiple tweaks, bugfixes

img3f.png

Updated V0.7 - 2-APR-2011

+ CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment! [*]
    + Drag'n'Drop support. Just drag and drop any xap from explorer to the tool.

[*] You need a working CoreCon2 installation. If CoreCon2 is not installed on your pc (normally only installed with the Phone Dev Tool) the tool will detect it and download a small installer.

Updated V0.8 - 2-APR-2011

+ Fixed "No addional data: Could not extract XAP file" Bug
    + XAP-Information is show much faster now
    + CoreCon2 Installer now online. You won't need the full Phone Dev Tools for this XAP Deployer

img4t.png

Updated V0.9 - 6-APR-2011

+ Selected Target will now be automatically saved
    + Deploy-Menu for XAP files. Registers a file handler for *.xap and provides a "Deploy" menu entry in file's context menu.

img5.png

General Prerequisits
    - Phone has to be unlocked (either dev, chevron or any other method)
    - Zune has to be running and has to be connected to the phone
    - Windows Vista or Windows 7, according to users: Windows XP

Regards,
    -k
    Error: Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images\WM701C.en-US.bin'
    Oh, I was just to lazy to do any fixes for the emulator. Primary target was device deployment. To fix that one you have to modifiy %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\addons\ImageConfig.en-US.xsl. Search for WM701C.en-US.bin in there, and replace it with the correct path.

No problem to give you the source. I have written the smallest possible abstraction around the CoreConServer Interface using the primary interop provided by Microsoft. I will provide this part of the source asap. The code is obfuscated as there is a lot more included than currently visible from the front-end.
    You need to add a reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.10.0.dll and embed interop types (that's why my tool uses .net 4 :rolleyes:)

-k
    @JamesAllen: You might ask the guy from post #36 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12635636&postcount=36). I did try the tool with WindowsXP but didn't get it working. The guy from that posts somehow did.

@phsa: No idea if there is something special about the HD2. The vs_sdeprokughtup-enu.zip actually is the phone dev tools (or, to get it correct, it is the part of the dev tools which allows the connection to the phone).
    It is important to install 1.) CoreCon2 and 2.) vs-sde.... otherwise some interfaces might get changed.

-k
    Don't think I can help here. Actually I don't even suffer from this problem as I've just successfully uploaded a 85MB xap to my Nodo Samsung Omnia 7.

If you look at the last Developer Tools Fix from Microsoft, which extended the XAP size from 65MB to 225MB you'll see that they've patched TcpConnectionC.dll on the pc. Someone with read/write access to their HTC should try to replace the on-device files with the corresponding local files found in %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Common Files\microsoft shared\CoreCon\1.0\Target\wce400. Don't know if that might work.

regards,
    -k
    wAppStore 0.9.7. install, store, search XAP (7.0-7.5)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1245206

Please "heroic testers" reveal me results and experience with the application here or to wincotv@gmail.com to improve our applications.
    Thanks.