KEXEC RELEASED!!!!! Kernels for one and for all incoming.

Search This thread

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Just wanted to chime in and say I am really eager to see mbm working directly with you and others on this and am trying to help get him a device to work on.

PM sent! ;)

Rutz272

Aug 2, 2011
But think again - maybe he's playing a game just to get the Razr and then say "haha **** you guys" It smells suspicous if he doesn't put up some evidence..

PS. I have no clue who this guy is, made anything before to contribute to Razr rom community?

Maybe you should have check that out...who the guy is... before posting stupid comment like this. No offense.

Shinare

May 18, 2008
My vote's in... i'm a razr noob and I didn't even know about that site, heh.

tomoooo

Jan 5, 2009
Bratislava
But think again - maybe he's playing a game just to get the Razr and then say "haha **** you guys" It smells suspicous if he doesn't put up some evidence..

PS. I have no clue who this guy is, made anything before to contribute to Razr rom community?

So if you have no clue who you are speaking about, why do you insult people before checking out who they are????

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010
So if you have no clue who you are speaking about, why do you insult people before checking out who they are????

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

Why should I? I have you to tell me :eek:

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Maybe you should have check that out...who the guy is... before posting stupid comment like this. No offense.

It's not a stupid comment. Answer the question or just STFU. Simple as that.

Gene_Bailey

Sep 10, 2010
Temple
Why should I? I have you to tell me :eek:

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

It's not a stupid comment. Answer the question or just STFU. Simple as that.

Actually my man, insulting someone like that without actually knowing who they are is really not cool.

That's like walking into work and insulting the new employee who you've never met before just cause you've never heard of him or seen him before only to find out that the next day he's your new boss.

I'm using the work example cause it's easiest but I'm going out on a huge freaking limb here assuming that you might actually hold a job.

Doesn't feel good to be insulted does it?
So cut the attitude. Doesn't do anyone any good to give people YOU KNOW NOTHING about a bunch of ****.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Reactions: torikorocks

detr0yt

Dec 8, 2011
yeah... no need to be hating on someone... let kholk prove himself or not before bashing... i personally dont know him... but from every thread i have seen him in... he seems very intelligent... so dont let the hating throw your insight away from cdma... thanks from Detroit...

loki993

Apr 4, 2011
So what exactly could this do? Actually be able to flash kernals and bypass the locked bootloader? No just a root right, like 2nd init right? This is somehow tricking the phone into think its unlocked or something like that?

What are the odds this will work on the CDMA version too?

mannyAk47

Aug 21, 2010
Im a bit confused myself but i think with unlocked bootloader you can mainly make custome kernels , as roms are already available even with locked bootloader
correct me if im wrong people :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE GSM AND CDMA RAZR'S BOOTLOADERS HAVE BEEN BYPASSED BY KHOLK & [mbm]!
    See here for proof: http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/9231/imag0002b.jpg

Only one core is working, but it's still smooth as hell. Can't wait to see what devs do with it!
    Download, source, and screenshots are here!
    Guys I've read something on there...
    Just want to say some things!

My RAZR is fine and I'm still working on that: at the moment the only remaining problem is the dualcore.
    The kernel gets booted just fine and it is also fast like using both cores...while it can only use a single core out of the OMAP4430... for now.

We haven't still released kexec because, at the moment, the procedure isn't that user friendly other than there's still the dualcore problem.

A release should anyway be ...imminent.

Just wait some other time.. :)
    Guys, not only by me.

I'm actually not working alone but with [mbm], and he's an awesome developer.

Thanks anyway ;)
    Guys, sorry for the delay!
    We've decided to make it to be perfectly working and tested on CDMA RAZR and release it for both the XT910 (GSM) and XT912 (CDMA).

However, about the second core we've got a damn bad problem: since the OMAP4 in our device is working in Secure mode, making it to work will require some time and we'll probably release kexec prior fixing that problem.

In this week we will receive the CDMA RAZR, so, most probably, some days after receiving it we will be able to also release kexec.

I don't wanna give any sure ETA, but it should be released by the end of the week.
    KHOLK AND MBM ARE DOING WORK THAT NOBODY ELSE WANTED TO/CAN DO.

Asking if it's bull****, calling him a fake, etc. etc. every two posts is not exactly something you should be spouting every two posts when someone is doing something as a favor to you. If you're skeptical then be skeptical, don't be like romdroid and post about it two times on every page. You're just annoying and you're probably giving kholk a headache. It's his choice to fill you in or to not fill you in. Wait patiently like everyone else. Be grateful that someone's stepping up to the plate. This is why most devs don't post on XDA anymore.